Thank you all for your expert opinion and insights...taught me a lot already in a few lines =)

I'm also interested in the strike freedom kit: http://hlj.com/product/BAN965506/Gun....any opinion about building this one?

Thanks!

The PG Strike Freedom...I actually did start my Build and stopped, suffering from fatigue - hehe. Lots of parts and the backpack/wing gimmick has a lot of the pros and cons of the kit itself. While a completed SF is impressive from the sheer size of it, the wings are finicky and are very top heavy. They're known for actually snapping the connecting peg to the backpack due to the weight of the assembly. There's plenty of workarounds and strengthening methods to get around it to ensure it looks great and doesn't break. I opted to start the build on the wings first, painted everything, did the strengthening of the wing connecting pegs with putty fill...the whole bit, then gave up for awhile. Looks really nice, but the wings alone are around 200+ parts alone! If you're not painting it the one big problem is the gold inner frame details. It was very disappointing that Bandai opted to use two different golds for these details straight from the box. One is ok, while the other can only be described as baby food/puke yellow. Not very nice. Thankfully, other than the wing assemblage the good gold parts are the most visible out of the box (mostly). My panel scribing skills are still in progress and that's another area that I feel the PG SF needs some TLC with more details. The leg area especially, which are very plain Jane. Like some have said the SF came out during the recession and some feel Bandai didn't go all out as it would be cost prohibitive to the customer. I for one like the SF b/c there's a canvas here to make an amazing Build if you take your time in painting it and dealing with some of the structural shortcomings. Alternatives? Well not building anything you have the gorgeous Metal Build if you have the coin. The other option is to go with one of the handful MG SF kits, like the Full Burst kit, which is pretty awesome. Edited by Aye Aye

*snip*

...I opted to start the build on the wings first, painted everything, did the strengthening of the wing connecting pegs with putty fill...the whole bit, then gave up for awhile...

*snip*

I remember those snapping wing pegs of the PG Strike Freedom from various blog site like GunJap. Before filling it with putty, did you do something like, inserting a metal rod to strengthen it more?

Question for you guys. I was watching Charles's (OptimusPrimeSG) review on youtube on metal build 00 raiser and he said that the ankle joints on his seven sword figure is loose. I know that seven sword and 00 raiser are the same exact figure, but I want to know if exia shares the same exact ankle joints and if they will get loose over time. I only have 00 raiser (since I sold all my seed metal builds) and I'm thinking about picking up exia. as far as I know, all the metal build gundams use the exact same ankle joints correct? thoughts on this guys? has anyone's metal build 00 raiser ankle joints loosened up?

Question for you guys. I was watching Charles's (OptimusPrimeSG) review on youtube on metal build 00 raiser and he said that the ankle joints on his seven sword figure is loose. I know that seven sword and 00 raiser are the same exact figure, but I want to know if exia shares the same exact ankle joints and if they will get loose over time. I only have 00 raiser (since I sold all my seed metal builds) and I'm thinking about picking up exia. as far as I know, all the metal build gundams use the exact same ankle joints correct? thoughts on this guys? has anyone's metal build 00 raiser ankle joints loosened up?

The joints are the same but i have no issue on my exia. The seven sword is the only one with semi loose joints. My Rasier have tight joints too.

I have not touched my seven sword in a long time but I don't remember being disappointed by any looseness on the ankles. My Raiser seemed fine as far as I remember. I would not bout if it's luck of the draw though depending on who assembled your unit.

My friend's Seven Sword gotten loose too overtime. But do remember that this is the first released MB version. And it's also a well-known problem with this release based from what I've read online. I assumed Bandai already fixed some loose joints problem onwards including the 00 Raiser bundle.

And the 2 Exia I bought second hand from Mandarake and Jungle still has tight ankle joints.

Edited by no3Ljm

Thanks for your input everyone! I decided to skip the MB Exia. I'm not too fond of the design and it would've just been an impulse purchase for me anyways. Plus I need to save up for the SOC Voltron and Metal Build F91! It's unfortunate that the ankles are loose on the seven sword! Thanks goodness no one has loose ankles so far on their 00 Raisers! I was messing around with my buddy's MB Strike Freedom the other day and it had ankle issues standing with the wings attached because it was too back heavy! I decided to get this instead of the MB Exia! Autoart Wangan Midnight Z!!! I couldn't say no to this!!! ;)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-SCL2-60128

My box came in a little damaged, but not too bad.

Also thanks for the cdjapan link for the blue frame, I can ditch my overpriced US preorder now.

No problem , glad to help. What makes this even better is their current holiday extra bonus points promotion. You will get 2000 bonus points and 690 normal points . Thats 2690 points /yen to use for your future orders once it shipped. It works on preorders that wont release until next year too. You just need to make the order before 12-15-16. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/10000_holiday_points161125

I used it on the DX sv-262hs draken too so thats another 2660 points /yen saving .

What are the chances that Bandai releases a Metal Build Dragonar? I mean they already off branched and made the Metal Build Laevatein from Full Metal Panic. I'm a big Dragonar fan and while I love my spec XS-05 Opening Silhouette Dragonar 1, the spec line is no where near the Metal Build line. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Spec XS-17 Dragonar 1 custom and the Falguen, but I don't know if I should wait until Bandai ever makes a Metal Build Dragonar.

Im debating whether or not order that powered set, its kinda expensive and the shipping cost doesnt help

Oh well, I guess I have some time to think about it

Wow cd japan already shipped out the MB .

Same here ,

I tend to have completionists tendencies so I bought just one set in case :lol:

I should have waited :( I got a copy from NY but it's back in stock on the web shop...

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000110187/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=pcp

Oh nice, I hope I can find another one from a JP shop when released. I already have one on pre-order with BBTS, but would like dupes if possible. I also need another F91 Metal Build preorder or maybe when released.

Question: Does BBTS ship from Japan or from US?