blue frame is back up on amiami

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-021749

Wow their restocking seems to be around 19:00 jst now

Metal robot ex-s gundam is up for preorder again too

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-020197

Edited by F360

Big fan of the Ex-S Gundam. It's one of the few MS designs that I actually like.

However, I'm on the fence about getting this toy. I'm disappointed that for the price it can neither be transformed to G-Cruiser mode, nor can it be converted into an S-Gundam, which would have required relatively few additional parts.

Im in for one

Also, since HLJ has a sale going on and also has some P-Bandai items do you guys think that maybe, maaaybe theyll put the Wings of light set for the Strike Freeedom?

Its possible, sale starts 5pm jst daly . Anyone see good deals please post.

Metal Build Astray Red Frame's Powered Red & 150 Gerbera Straight [Power] Option Set

Tamashii Web Exclusive / June 2017 Release / Dec 2016 Preorder / Y21600

*snip*

Photos courtesy of TagHobby.

Can someone explain to me how Tamashii Web Exclusive stuff works for the Metal Build Gundam items. Is the process identical to the Macross items. I.e. the preorder window stays open till a given date and you can put our order in through one of the middle man sites (e.g. NY). Or do the Web Exclusive items sell out during the pre order window and I have to be fast with getting my order in?

I also assume ordering through NY you have to pay up-front.

Can someone explain to me how Tamashii Web Exclusive stuff works for the Metal Build Gundam items. Is the process identical to the Macross items. I.e. the preorder window stays open till a given date and you can put our order in through one of the middle man sites (e.g. NY). Or do the Web Exclusive items sell out during the pre order window and I have to be fast with getting my order in?

TBH, I haven't done ordering an exclusive items for Gundams Metal Builds. But I do have the feeling that it's probably going to be the same. It will not get sold out within the preorder window. But how long the PO window opens, that I'm not sure. I think the best way to secure one worry-free is order the moment the PO opens.

Though, yes, if you order it via Nippon-Yasan you have to pay upfront.

I basically make sure I get an order in as soon as it opens. I have missed some items in the past but they sometimes reopen them for later release dates.

It's very similar. You will still have to use a middle man site to order, but with Metal Build they will sometimes get sold out on day one for high demand items, but normally when that happens they will open another preorder batch later on. the Metal build hiene custom had like 3 batches, and the Metal build destiny full package had 2.

For any web exclusive, payment will be upfront not matter which store you use, some will let you do 50%.

I normally preorder when it opens.

I agree with what eveyone else says. If you want it, I would pre-order as soon as it opens up. I remember when I ordered the Metal Build 00 Raiser from Nippon-Yasan, it was up for quite a while. But once the tamashii Metal Build exclusives sell out, they rarely get a second run. I'm glad I got the Metal Build 00 Raiser as it has not been re-issued and the prices on the secondary market are insane!

Edited by subie81

Hey does anybody have a preorder date for the nu gundam formania ex release? I had both of the original formania releases and recently sold both of them for some nice stack of dough, so I'm stoked they're re-releasing with a fresh coat and new gimmicks.

no up date on the preorders for the nu gundam formania ex yet. maybe sometime december.

incase anyone want some to buy something on ebay
ebay flash sale, $15 off $75 coupon code CYBERFLASH16
Pay for your item with PayPal by 6PM Pacific Time on November 27, 2016

sorry if off-topic...I am a through and though Macross guy but want to 'extend' just a little into gundam...without knowing much about the series / characters, which one should I get:

RX-78 GP01/Fb PG: http://hlj.com/product/BAN916409/Gun

Z gundam PG: http://hlj.com/product/BAN75680/Gun

I like both and you can guess, I am at least semi-old school with these gundam things....

thanks!

sorry if off-topic...I am a through and though Macross guy but want to 'extend' just a little into gundam...without knowing much about the series / characters, which one should I get:

I like both and you can guess, I am at least semi-old school with these gundam things....

thanks!

The included MS Cage of the GP01 is already a winner for me here. Along with its cool mecha gimiks compared to Zeta. :)

But on the other hand, if you like transforming mech, then go with the Zeta. ;)

Or, why not go with both?! ^_^

thanks!

I would say the RX-178 GP01 is better than the Zeta gundam in 1/60 scale, but both of them are pretty old kits. 1/60 is pretty big too.

But if you are into the Zeta gundam I think the MG 1/100 ver 2.0 is better at the transformation.

http://hlj.com/product/BAN939597/Gun

There's also the RG 1/144 which are pretty good for their size.

http://hlj.com/product/BAN978539/Gun

http://hlj.com/product/BAN982654/Gun

http://hlj.com/product/BAN982655/Gun

There's a korean website that shows all the kits straight built so you can see what they looks like along with their articulation. good reference material

http://dalong.net/

just click on the grade levels at the top. PG , RG MG , etc.

PG GP01 ends up being problematic due to the cage being so big and not really having proper places for the vast amount of armour & accessories left over. Should really have been sold as two separate kits imo. Looks great once built though.

PG Zeta less impressive but far more practical to own...

PG RX-178 Mk-II (AEUG or Titans variant) are my favourite PGs though.

Actually finished building the PG Char's Zaku the other day and was left underwhelmed - felt like an early MG kit compared to a newer version 2 and could definitely use an upgrade.

The Strike Gundam frame (Strike, Strike Rouge, Astray Red Frame) kits are probably about the best PGs for overall construction, durability, and posability. The Zeta Gundam tends to be a mess due its transformation mechanism, and it and the GP01 are both older ones that rely more heavily on screws that in my experience tend to be stubborn about going in and strip very easily. The MG ver 2 Zeta Gundam would likely be the best version of that specific design to get, like the other guy said. Unless you're really sold on the sheer size of a Perfect Grade kit modern (within the last, oh, 5 years) Master Grade kits are likely to be on par or even better than them from a purely technical/engineering standpoint.

Chiming in here on the PG Gundam front, as I own every PG gundam currently.

If you want to build any of these out of the box without painting Zeta looks very 'old school.' The PG Zeta is a great kit, but has a lot of the old style construction for the time period (screws, etc.). If you plan on painting it and your modeling skills are solid, you can scribe it, paint it, and make it look as good as anything that is out there, but it is a very time consuming process. The kit is over 700 pieces. The transformation gimmick can make it floppy, which is why some folks just build it one way and just leave it in either wavebird or Gundam mode.

The GP01/Fb is still one of the best PG, or rather gundam model kits even to this day. Out of the box build, and assuming you at least go through decalling it, and maybe flat coating it with Matte Top Coat, you can achieve a pretty nice looking finished product without going through the painting process. The one area that the GP01/Fb really excels at is the fantastic inner frame detail that really comes to life if you paint with quality metallic paints (i.e. Alclad, etc.). I have yet to put either of mine together namely because I plan on panel scribbing and painting which will probably take me about a ~7-8 months to do so. Kit is huge exceeding 700 parts. Keep in mind that PG kits don't necessarily mean its 'hard,' anyone can build them, but you have to pay attention and not rush through the build.

I think currently the best results straight out of the box for PG kits can be achieved with either of the three (soon to be 4) PG Unicorn kits + LED option kit. The kit looks amazing and simply trounces any of the figures and MG kits out there by a long mile. I really think the base PG unicorn with the full armor add-on + LEDs is just an impressive model and is a lot of fun to crank through. I will say my build for this + painting took ~8 months to put together. Hope that helps.

thanks!

Actually if you are a Macross guy, you probably should come full circle and build the GP01/Fb, as it is a Shoji Kawamori design, the only Gundam (so far) designed by the man himself.

Chiming in here on the PG Gundam front, as I own every PG gundam currently.

If you want to build any of these out of the box without painting Zeta looks very 'old school.' The PG Zeta is a great kit, but has a lot of the old style construction for the time period (screws, etc.). If you plan on painting it and your modeling skills are solid, you can scribe it, paint it, and make it look as good as anything that is out there, but it is a very time consuming process. The kit is over 700 pieces. The transformation gimmick can make it floppy, which is why some folks just build it one way and just leave it in either wavebird or Gundam mode.

The GP01/Fb is still one of the best PG, or rather gundam model kits even to this day. Out of the box build, and assuming you at least go through decalling it, and maybe flat coating it with Matte Top Coat, you can achieve a pretty nice looking finished product without going through the painting process. The one area that the GP01/Fb really excels at is the fantastic inner frame detail that really comes to life if you paint with quality metallic paints (i.e. Alclad, etc.). I have yet to put either of mine together namely because I plan on panel scribbing and painting which will probably take me about a ~7-8 months to do so. Kit is huge exceeding 700 parts. Keep in mind that PG kits don't necessarily mean its 'hard,' anyone can build them, but you have to pay attention and not rush through the build.

I think currently the best results straight out of the box for PG kits can be achieved with either of the three (soon to be 4) PG Unicorn kits + LED option kit. The kit looks amazing and simply trounces any of the figures and MG kits out there by a long mile. I really think the base PG unicorn with the full armor add-on + LEDs is just an impressive model and is a lot of fun to crank through. I will say my build for this + painting took ~8 months to put together. Hope that helps.

Actually if you are a Macross guy, you probably should come full circle and build the GP01/Fb, as it is a Shoji Kawamori design, the only Gundam (so far) designed by the man himself.

Thank you all for your expert opinion and insights...taught me a lot already in a few lines =)

I'm also interested in the strike freedom kit: http://hlj.com/product/BAN965506/Gun....any opinion about building this one?

Thanks!

Yman,

If you are open to a master grade, I strongly recommend the Strike Freedom 2.0. It doesn't have a true inner frame, but other than that I think it might be the best Master grade Bandai has released in some time. A lot of parts are undergated, it's an easy, yet time consuming kit to build. It looks great snap built, so if you decide not to paint it, panel lining and top coating are all that's needed for the dry transfer decals. So it's a satisfying kit for those new to Gunpla and it even comes with a stand.

I second Aye, Aye in regards to the PG Unicorn and Astray. I've built both and they are phenomenal kits. The LED's and transformations take the Unicorn and Banshee to another level. They make excellent center pieces for any collection. If I was limited to owning only one model Kit, the Banshee or the Unicorn would have to be it. I have the Strike Rouge and Banshee, but I haven't built them yet as I'm working through my MG and Macros kits backlog.