thanks! was trying to find out any distinctions but couldn't find any info :) congrats on getting a double. are you keeping them both sealed?

Thanks! Price is going up and up right now too! I've opened them both to check out, and actually the Japanese release's joints are slightly looser than the Asia release, with a bit of dirt on the back skirt, which thankfully rubbed off. It's the same factories spewing out the same stuff, so don't sweat it worrying about which version :)

Edited by Shukenzero

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks! Price is going up and up right now too! I've opened them both to check out, and actually the Japanese release's joints are slightly looser than the Asia release, with a bit of dirt on the back skirt, which thankfully rubbed off. It's the same factories spewing out the same stuff, so don't sweat it worrying about which version :)

thanks! i have one ordered at toysource (tfsource) and thinking they get their stuff from China. but good to know they're the same. sounds like the asia release is better!

• 2 weeks later...

High-Resolution Model Gundam Barbatos (1/100) (Gundam Model Kits) , pre-order started .

It's not a typical Model kit, don't let the word "model" fool you. :)

Amiami 15500 yen (now sold out)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-GDM-2943&page=top

Hobbysearch 14400 yen (now sold out)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10367059

Edited by F360

Well damn, I missed out on the Barbatos :(

Hlj didn't post theirs yet , I'm surprise it's not already up at Hlj since they get tons of Gundam stuff . I'm more surprised that's it's already sold out .

Is the Barbatos like a Metal Build or is it like a MG type design?

It's more like a prebuild master grade frame with diecast here and there . You only need to attach the armor on the frame . No painting needed.

Finally shipped my MB Strike Freedom from HLJ PW, and it is absolutely stunning! BEST Metal Build to date!

post-7871-0-28049500-1452725529_thumb.jpg

Super solid, and the gold chromed frame, and decals are amazing.

Currently decorating my desk at work.

Wish I could have had ordered a 2nd one so I could display one at home along side MB Freedom. I'm hoping for a re-release one day.

Looking forward to adding in the wings of light and dragoon extensions for truly massive display! :D

This makes me really excited for the MB Astray Red Frame

Finally shipped my MB Strike Freedom from HLJ PW, and it is absolutely stunning! BEST Metal Build to date!

attachicon.gifMB Strike Freedom.jpg

Super solid, and the gold chromed frame, and decals are amazing.

Currently decorating my desk at work.

Wish I could have had ordered a 2nd one so I could display one at home along side MB Freedom. I'm hoping for a re-release one day.

Looking forward to adding in the wings of light and dragoon extensions for truly massive display! :D

This makes me really excited for the MB Astray Red Frame

wow, that metal build is going to sooo stand out at your work when you add those blue WOL. it's already hovering above the dividers already :D

wow, that metal build is going to sooo stand out at your work when you add those blue WOL. it's already hovering above the dividers already :D

MB Strike Freedom standing loud and proud :D

My buddy diagonally across the next divider has his 1/48 mega size RX-78 Gundam on display. We're all pop culture/anime Dan's in my department.

SF will have to stand even higher over the dividers if I attach the wings of light. They'll be intruding into my neighbour's desk space. Haha. Hopefully he doesn't mind as he is also a Seed fan. :p

Wonder if Bandai will make a MB Barbatos. :D

So far no MB or GFF MC G-Self (thank goodness).

MB Strike Freedom standing loud and proud :D

My buddy diagonally across the next divider has his 1/48 mega size RX-78 Gundam on display. We're all pop culture/anime Dan's in my department.

SF will have to stand even higher over the dividers if I attach the wings of light. They'll be intruding into my neighbour's desk space. Haha. Hopefully he doesn't mind as he is also a Seed fan. :p

Wonder if Bandai will make a MB Barbatos. :D

So far no MB or GFF MC G-Self (thank goodness).

as a seed fan, I would not mind it. Just be careful though, it might get transferred to his desk on the next day :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

Tamashii-web Exclusive (October)

Metal Build Destiny (Renewal.) Full Package - 28,080JPY

does full package mean includes wing of light?

26,000 yen for the MB Destiny + WOL, this is priced very closed to SF which I think has MSRP of 27,000. Of course with discount, we can expect 23 to 25k yen.

It's a Tamashii web exclusive, so instead of a discount, expect to pay MSRP +8% tax (28,080JPY) and whatever fees respective shops decide to add-on.

You should probably be looking at the range of 29,000 - 30,000 JPY.