As expected, both sets of wings of light will be a separate release, along with a special box case to store both the main figure and the option parts like a DVD/Bluray box.

Renewal version of the Destiny has changes to markings according to the text, but the photo looks like there will also be a change in colour.

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/a0011/b0060/item-1000100741/

Option parts for Metal Builds has become a trend, but not as necessary as the Super Parts and Armored Parts for VFs.

7,560JPY though, just for the effects and stands for the full burst. :blink:

There's also the problem of neither the SF nor Destiny being able to fit into a regular Detolf compartment (height-wise and maybe width as well) with those WoLs on :rolleyes:

Edited by joppewo

7,560 yen.... :angry:

only inculde 1 set of WOL with Dragoon attachments and special sleeves :angry:

sure the effect parts will be using a 3 layer honycomb array len sheet that captures and reflects light nicely but come on Bandai, 7,560 yen?

whoever set the price for this probably set the price for their STAR GaoGaiGar option set too. <_<

Guest davidwhangchoi

hmm... maybe i need some encouragement...

just curious, who's pre ordering the wings of light for strike freedom. need some peer pressure :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I've got the RD Strike Freedom with wings of light, and it's not great. The wings are quite impressive, and massive which leads to them bringing the whole RD figure tumbling down off the stand into a heap. They're just too much for the RD Strike Freedom, which is already one of the earlier RD toys so the engineering isn't that good.

On a MB the wings of light will be much better due to the strength and weight of the MB. Hopefully the dragoon wings aren't floppy.

@ $85 AUD, I'm still interested in getting these. Heck I paid something like $50+ for the RD ones back in the day.

But pre order opens tomorrow, and I have no money to allocate to an upfront pre order if it's the same as RD Heine Destiny...

NY: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/14650-metal-build-strike-freedom-gundam-wings-of-light-option-set-limited-edition.html

No pay later option again.

Kinda baffled by their choice of when to allow the pay later option for Tamashii web exclusives. :unsure:

Ordered one. Don't foresee much issue on this with an order limit of 24 set on the webshop.

Edited by joppewo

I am not sure how probable are preorder madness conditions for web exclusive Metal Builds.

Heine Destiny may have been an exception due to production limits, but the SF Wings of Light would need to at least match the supply of the Metal Build SF.

I am not sure how were the preorder conditions for the MB 00 Raiser and Exia Avalanche in the past. Don't know whether they closed within the usual 3 month window.

I am not sure how probable are preorder madness conditions for web exclusive Metal Builds.

Heine Destiny may have been an exception due to production limits, but the SF Wings of Light would need to at least match the supply of the Metal Build SF.

I am not sure how were the preorder conditions for the MB 00 Raiser and Exia Avalanche in the past. Don't know whether they closed within the usual 3 month window.

MB Exia Avalanche, the regular version took a long time to close, probably couple of weeks?

The weapon-plus pack on the other hand closed in less than 30 minutes (it had the same 2 order limit as Heine Destiny).

As for the Dash add-on parts, I think NY only closed orders when it was near the official Tamashii deadline for it.

MB 00 Raiser also took awhile IIRC, but that's cos the MB line was fairly new at that point.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got myself my strike freedom this afternoon and preordered a set of wings.

was the strike easy to find or was this your pre order from a while ago.

was the strike easy to find or was this your pre order from a while ago.

I preordered. They pretty much closed preorders within an hour of putting them up at the shop. As a comparison even hot items take a few days to sell out, so you can see the demand. I know one of the guys so after it closed he squeezed in a preorder for me. Haven't gone home yet so I'll have to take a peek later.

Apparently mine is the Asia edition, but as usual it is the same as the Japanese release. However there's not a lot of stock and the Japanese version will be arriving soon to meet demand.

Edited by Shukenzero

MB Exia Avalanche, the regular version took a long time to close, probably couple of weeks?

The weapon-plus pack on the other hand closed in less than 30 minutes (it had the same 2 order limit as Heine Destiny).

As for the Dash add-on parts, I think NY only closed orders when it was near the official Tamashii deadline for it.

MB 00 Raiser also took awhile IIRC, but that's cos the MB line was fairly new at that point.

Thanks, now I know even web exclusive items are not immune to preorder madness conditions.

The MP Hyakushiki Gunpla got closed in a few weeks as well.

So the MB Avalanche Exia(normal) was initially 19440 yen(incl tax) and its post release after market price was minimum 28k +.

Usually if there is a regular and premium version on offer(i.e Ka Signature Penelope and Marking Plus Version), the superior version will also go up in price earlier. At the moment, regular Penelope is on discount while the Marking Plus one is steady.

Edited by calubin_175

As expected, both sets of wings of light will be a separate release, along with a special box case to store both the main figure and the option parts like a DVD/Bluray box.

Renewal version of the Destiny has changes to markings according to the text, but the photo looks like there will also be a change in colour.

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/a0011/b0060/item-1000100741/

Thanks for the info. Looks like it'll be worth buying a second Destiny or third since the colour is gonna have a slight change.

I did not get 2x of the destiny the first time around so I may just snag 1x of the reissue with the new marking. Since I can't find a Heine custom for under $300 atm I may just let it slide.

Tell me about it.

And what was the deal with N-Y cancelling orders? Was it from their first batch of orders or the one that just opened?

Either way that sucks.

-b.

*Edit - never mind, I see that it's from N-Y's first (and so far only) batch of pre-orders

Edited by Kanedas Bike