• 2 weeks later...

So. Happy;

post-357-0-37866000-1386736149_thumb.jpg

I've really enjoyed the Metal Build Exia and Repair III so I'm looking forward to some quality time with this release as well.

-b.

*although I had to cancel a pre-order for the Metal Build Destiny to be able to justify the purchase

not really, no. action base 1's are meant for master grade kits, they're really big relative to RD figures and they don't have directly compatible mounting hardware.

Robot damashii's are designed to be used with Tamashi stage act 5's:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN963155/Sup

Alternatively, since you have 3 figures you want to display, you could get one of the Tamashi trident Stages:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN981551/Sup

Also, FYI on the Unicorn/Sinanju version action bases, all of the marking are stickers.

Edited by anime52k8

You could also use the Action Base 2 for RD since they're close to 1/144 scale.

I still think you could use Action Base 1 for RD since they also support 1/144 gunpla. Might need to modify the crotch support piece, but that is easily done. I had to modify mine for my MC 1/100 Unicorn and worked out great.

post-7871-0-09009200-1386979827_thumb.jpg post-7871-0-29112300-1386979836_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the answers. The reason I ask is the Robot Damashii Kshatriya that comes with a stand. Now I'm looking for stands that go well together with the one that comes with the Kshatriya (i.e. stands that are unique to the figure). The regular Stage Act bases are just too plain.

• 2 weeks later...

Uggg not really impressed with GFFMC Banshee after getting the metal build exia. Hips are all floppy. Looks like a model not a high end toy. not digging the plastic'y gold parts. :huh:

That sucks, mine is still boxed as I don't have space. I also prefer the Metal builds over the GFFMC, but I had to have the unicorns. I was kinda concerned about the gold parts myself hoping they would look ok and not rub off from touching them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 of the MC Unicorn with Prism coating ob display and both look as good as they did when I bought them.

In fact I heard it was the uncoated release that was prone to yellowing (original release - not the re-release).

Edited by eggy99

I've got an original release, I think it might have some yellowing going on. it's actually kind of hard to tell. really yellowing doesn't bother me since it looks fine off white or white. I've also got a bunch of toys that came out of box looking yellow buy design, (DYRL VF-1's; DX VF-171, several figures with articles of clothing that should in theory be white, etc.), It's hard to tell if a toy is actually yellowed or if it is just "off white anyways. it's only when it gets all uneven and you've got one side or one panel a different shade from another that it starts to bug me. I should really look at mine and see how it looks. or not and just keep ignoring the possibility that mine is all piss colored.

What were we talking about again?

I dont' know, but I got my Metal Build Destiny a while back but don't have room so I left it unopened.

Still waiting on mine to ship. I got caught by shops being closed for holiday break until around Jan. 5th/6th.

I want to get a Metal Build Freedom to go with it. B))

-b.

Agree 100%, the Metal Build line is pretty damn nice.

I had (2) copies of the Destiny on pre-order but I couldn't justify the extra spend after holiday gift buying and the spending spree I've been on for my own personal "stuff" so I cancelled one and just kept one w Hobby Search.

I found a pretty good price on the Freedom but I'm really trying to maintain some self-control and not spend the money. :unsure:

-b.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a little flashback:

post-237-0-19032100-1390552826_thumb.jpg

Between 2004 and 2005, Bandai America released the Arch Enemy Aile Strike Gundam, which was among the last Gundam toys sold in U.S. stores before the American toy franchise went belly-up. I had the opportunity to hook up a few MWers with one, as it was going for an unbelievable US$6.99 (down from the MSRP of US$19.99) at K-B Toys, and L.A. had the few remaining K-B branches during its liquidation.

So how much does it go for these days? Makes me wish I kept mine.

Amazon.com = US$52.49

eBay = US$149.99

Go Figure = US$99.99

Want to know batshit insane? Someone wants US$300.75 for an Arch Enemy Wing Gundam Zero.

Time for a little flashback:

attachicon.gifgat-x105ailestrikegundam(7.5incharchenemy).jpg

Between 2004 and 2005, Bandai America released the Arch Enemy Aile Strike Gundam, which was among the last Gundam toys sold in U.S. stores before the American toy franchise went belly-up. I had the opportunity to hook up a few MWers with one, as it was going for an unbelievable US$6.99 (down from the MSRP of US$19.99) at K-B Toys, and L.A. had the few remaining K-B branches during its liquidation.

So how much does it go for these days? Makes me wish I kept mine.

Amazon.com = US$52.49

eBay = US$149.99

Go Figure = US$99.99

Want to know batshit insane? Someone wants US$300.75 for an Arch Enemy Wing Gundam Zero.

Dang. I remember seeing the Wing Zero at Toys R Us, but never bought it as I had the PG kit. I did buy the Arch Enemy Tallgeese III though. (and it's for sale!)

The Arch Enemy figures are very nice, I'd still say among the best mecha figures ever to be mass-released in the US.

Dang. I remember seeing the Wing Zero at Toys R Us, but never bought it as I had the PG kit. I did buy the Arch Enemy Tallgeese III though. (and it's for sale!)

The Arch Enemy figures are very nice, I'd still say among the best mecha figures ever to be mass-released in the US.

Agree. I had the Arch Enemy Wing Zero (I might still have it boxed up somewhere) and thought it was amazing for the price and for the fact that it was something I was able to buy right off of the shelf.

-b.

Agree. I had the Arch Enemy Wing Zero (I might still have it boxed up somewhere) and thought it was amazing for the price and for the fact that it was something I was able to buy right off of the shelf.

-b.

Aren't these simply MSiA figures reboxed for US release?

Or were they something different?

Edited by Vifam7

Arch Enemy figures are roughly MG-size. Possibility is very good for a toy made a decade ago.

BTW, does anyone here remember the giant "transforming" GP01Fb and GP02A figures from 2001? They were both designed after the MG kits.

I still have those around here somewhere. Sturdy bastards, huge too. The Sazabi is my fave though; you can totally man handle it unlike the MG. I miss the days when Gundam can be found at the local TRU.

Arch Enemy figures are roughly MG-size. Possibility is very good for a toy made a decade ago.

BTW, does anyone here remember the giant "transforming" GP01Fb and GP02A figures from 2001? They were both designed after the MG kits.

not sure what you mean by "transforming". I've got a GP01Fb that comes has a removable core fighter but can't convert to regular GP01 form, and a GP02 that's just really big and roughly in scale. They're big but not quite PG size, maybe 1/72 scale? Definitely from around the early 2000's. I've also got a really big (probebly closer to 1/60 scale) wing Gundam. That one can transform into bird mode.

Like VHD said, "transforming" was Bandai's attempt at luring TF fans into buying the Gundam toys. To them, the GP01-Fb's Core Block System and the GP02A's movable shoulder binders were transformation gimmicks. The GP02A looked really good, but no shoulder articulation was a big minus. The GP01-Fb looked fat in the box, but some panel lining somehow corrected the proportions.

I still have those around here somewhere. Sturdy bastards, huge too. The Sazabi is my fave though; you can totally man handle it unlike the MG. I miss the days when Gundam can be found at the local TRU.

Strangely I don't remember this Arch Enemy line. Was it US exclusive?

Like VHD said, "transforming" was Bandai's attempt at luring TF fans into buying the Gundam toys. To them, the GP01-Fb's Core Block System and the GP02A's movable shoulder binders were transformation gimmicks. The GP02A looked really good, but no shoulder articulation was a big minus. The GP01-Fb looked fat in the box, but some panel lining somehow corrected the proportions.

The GP02A also couldn't hold it's own gun or shield at all and that annoyed the hell out of me as a kid.