Is it expected that the preorders for that will sell out?

I got my other Gundam Unicorn figures after their initial release so I'm wondering if this will be true for the Kshatriya.

Honestly, I don't expect that it will sell out fast, but you know... trying to find a Tamashii Web Exclusive after it's release is a huge mess...

Edited by charger69

but if it's a web exlusive, why are AmiAmi and hobby search carrying it? (yeah, they're sold out, but they have listings for them).

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003283

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10252030

Edited by anime52k8

Wow! RD Kshatriya looks great and wow that is expensive for an RD. RRP ¥13,440! I would love a Metal Composite Kshatriya. That would be MASSIVE! Probably be in the region of Arcadia YF-19 pricing too. :p

Anyone pre-order the MC Banshee? I'm waiting for a Norn configuration release first. Then I will have to buy it twice like I did the MC Unicorn Prism coat, so I can display it in both forms. :p

Wow! RD Kshatriya looks great and wow that is expensive for an RD. RRP ¥13,440! I would love a Metal Composite Kshatriya. That would be MASSIVE! Probably be in the region of Arcadia YF-19 pricing too. :p

I'm actually really surprised that this wasn't done as a Robot Damashii X Metal Build crossover similar to how bandai's VB-6 König Monster was a Robot Damashii/DX chogokin Crossover (engineering and materials of the high end line but scaled to RD figures).

They're already using the Generic Metal Build stand.

Anyone pre-order the MC Banshee? I'm waiting for a Norn configuration release first. Then I will have to buy it twice like I did the MC Unicorn Prism coat, so I can display it in both forms. :p

I pre-ordered it at BBTS, then immediately canceled the order. It looks cool but I just can't justify getting it.

from the model thread (because I think it's actually a toy and not a kit)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/11/material-model-turn-x-sample-on-display.html

"Tamashii Nations 1/60 scale metal model turn X"

?!?!?! :huh::blink::o:wub::wacko:

Edited by anime52k8

So the Kshatriya is up for preorder over at hlj but already on order stop. Did someone had the chance to order or is it just a placeholder? I ask the order department of hlj yesterday if they are planning on stocking this figure but they weren't sure about that.

It strikes me a bit odd that is is already on order stop so I assume it is a placeholder. However it could be another outbreak of Bandai Preorder Madness (BPM). ^_^

I tend to say yes. You should check out some reviews of Robot Damashii Gundam UC figures.

Wait a sec....

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/rubber/sinanju

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2012/unicorn_gundam_banshee_destroy_mode

I have the Unicorn and the Sinanju and they are pretty cool, Lots of accessories (some Robot Damashii figures have a very minimal accessory count though), many moving parts on the figure and highly articulated.

For me the Kshatriya is a tad too pricey but this thing will be massive so I will go for it despite the price tag.

If you can order it through hlj you normally get a discount on preorders. At the moment it is priced at about 11000 Yen so you save 15%. So this helps a little bit. Or course it depends if you can order it. Amiami usually offers a bigger discount but I can't find the Kshatriya there at the moment.

Hope that helps.

*cough*cough* I put up the link to it on AmiAmi half way up the page *cough*cough* it's already sold out in pre-order but it's listed for 9,900 Yen. *cough*cough*

anyways, over $100USD before shipping is quite a bit over what Robot Damashii's usually go for, although this apears to be a lot more toy than a tipical RD so it's hard to say. This is kind of a far stretch from what RD's usually consist of. Anyways, I've got the RX-0 Unicorn and Banshee RD's as well as a bunch of Wing figures, so far I've yet to be disapointed by one. They're very solid figures with lots of options for display and play. Part of me wishes that since this is so big and expensive already that they had just gone all out, bumped it up into a full high end Metal build/metal composite price range and given us more option parts, big hunks of diecast and copious tampo prints, but then again it wouldn't really feel right next to the existing RD's it's meant to scale and display with.

Edited by anime52k8

Ah thanks for the feedback and links to pre-order! My main gripe is with the 1/144 scale at the moment since I mainly collect 1/100 scale models :p

How I wish they would make a metal build version of the Kshatriya.

The Robot Damashii Xi Gundam was reportedly close to MG size. The Kshatriya could be similar in size. While it might not be correctly in scale, it might not look all that out of place with the rest of your 1/100 scale models.

Just a heads-up! HLJ has the Metal Composite Banshee in stock and is part of their Black Friday sales, just ordered one for myself :D

Review for the Banshee can be found here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51901066.html

Damn, thanks for the heads up, I again saved more money on pre-orders that I had in que. HLJ is saving me a bunch of money this black friday. :) Now if only the destiny would come up again lol. I got one but could not get them to apply it to already placed pre-orders.

Edited by Loop

Thanks for the temptation. I went to look again, but ¥17000 is still too dear for me.

Also bit disappointed that the sculpt is still the same as MC Unicorn. MC Unicorn has pretty limited articulation, especially in the legs due to all the moving armour parts. It's been so long since MC Unicorn was released, it would be been nice for them to redesign to have better articulation. They did it for the MG kit so they could have taken design cues from there. Oh well.

I wonder when they will announce Banshee Norn and FA Unicorn. Also if they will have redesigned frame. Probably reuse the frame again... Pity. :(