Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

Me too actually. Wouldn't have cost me anything additional to ship really since I already had a POL going at the time.

Looks like they have the TV blue and white version as a preorder, but I think I'll hold out to see how I like this one, and maybe even wait for a sale.

Edited by pud333

I just ordered a light artillery Battlepod for $11.84 from animeharu.com to go with the regular and heavy artillery regault’s I already have. The only issue I have had with my battle pods is the cannons on the first release were fixed in place where the 2nd release’s main cannons can move.

I just ordered a light artillery Battlepod for $11.84 from animeharu.com to go with the regular and heavy artillery regault’s I already have. The only issue I have had with my battle pods is the cannons on the first release were fixed in place where the 2nd release’s main cannons can move.

No - they move. The paint can bind them up a bit, as the socket is really tight. Move the around a bit until the paint releases. The parts shouldn't break. That was one of the features I liked most about the Regult right off - the swiveling cannons.

Right outta the box...

Craftsmanship!!!!

(null)

Oh, that does suck! Mine arrived safe & sound. BBTS should be able to provide you with a new one. (Heck, they might send you a new one and let you keep the broken one. Custom fodder!)

• 2 weeks later...

I would get a Glaug as well - as would many on this forum and others.

But someone at Toynami has really miscalculated how much mold-milking could be milked from the standard Regult.

With as bad as they may have been burned now, I'm now sure will get to see the Glaug or Inbits...

I love my heavy artillery pod, I have it sitting on my PC here at work. I just ordered the DYRL Heavy Artillery from BBTS also. I will get all the versions of this mold (I hate that I have to shell out $50 for the first versions).

I really like this toy. Its really a $30 soft vinyl collectible but not everyone is such a huge fan of Robotech/Macross that they need 5-6 of these (especially in a non-canon color scheme...the DYRL ones appear for a few seconds I believe). Really a single battlepod with 2 connectable missile pods and the rear gun for $35 would have been a great idea. A lot of people would have gotten more than one so they could display all variations, and a single BBTS DYRL version would have been more limited and sold better.

I think this goes to show the problem with how Toynami (and toy companies in general) thinks. You cannot milk a mold indefinitely and not expect people to get tired of it and tired of the line. They can usually do well to release a version 1, a repaint version 2, and a limited repaint verson 3. That said, I do not see these crowding any e-tailor sites, so they must have sold decently.

I sincerely hope they make the Glaug and the 4-6 versions of inbit mecha.

If anyone has the 02 standard Regult for under $30, LMK. :)

It is very sad to say that I'm out of Toynami. Thank you very much for your support for all these years!

Sorry to hear that. From what I read of your posts, you were quite frustrated with the company. I guess the 1D, Ostrich and Elint are vaporware? :unsure:

It is very sad to say that I'm out of Toynami. Thank you very much for your support for all these years!

You're probably better off without them as your talent will get you other jobs in the future. Still, I am worried about the future of the VE-1 and VT-1 as those were beautiful pieces at their scale. Still, I don't remember seeing or hearing anything confirming Inbit mecha so can someone link to me to the info?

So Maiden, before you were "let go", how were the perceived sales on the Regult? How about the Voltrons?

I have no interest in the Voltrons, but I love the Regults you did! I'm very sad that the Glaug will probably not come out! I'm just sad it took me so long to get into the vinyl line. There is so much that could have been done with this...

That's too bad for them, as they're going to be missing out on someone with talent. Good luck, Daisuke, on finding a place that will give you less stress, and more joy. Hope you stay in touch, and still have time to show off your work here from time to time.

I saw the Destroid sculpt... it was pretty good. I told him it might be 1/48 scale. I was shocked that they were even considering something like that. Alas, Toynami owns all those unused sculpts.

Tomorrow I'm gonna sneak in to their warehouse, open up the warehouse garage door and start screaming...

GO TOYS!!! YOU'RE FREE! RUN! YOU'RE FREE NOW!!!