Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

On 8/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, jenius said:

At $19.99, their sins were less egregious. 

I bought a couple of the Toynami 1/100 VF-1 toys when they were first released years ago and remember being disappointed at their quality then for this price. Cannot imagine paying $60-$80 now for them (even with the nicer boxes).

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

These were KOd to death. 

First release was called “Wave 2”.

😁

Hardy har-har. 😄

But seriously...they seem so easy to KO. If they were a few bucks a piece, I'd actually grab a bunch and laud them for being worth it.

9 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Hardy har-har. 😄

But seriously...they seem so easy to KO. If they were a few bucks a piece, I'd actually grab a bunch and laud them for being worth it.

The KO company had a second look after they couldn’t find the cheapest plastic to use with and yet still decided on ignoring the idea stating ‘How can we really KO an already KO? Our finished KO goods looks way better than theirs.’ :spiteful:

Ouch. :vava:

10 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Hardy har-har. 😄

Seriously though, I honestly don’t see anyone wanting to KO these things. Too many parts.

Does some one still have pictures of the monstrosity of battroid that Toynami showed many years ago? Around the time of the MPC VF-1s. I have been looking for those pictures on google but so far none.

Edited by Froy

3 hours ago, vladykins said:

You mean like this guy?

Robotech / News / ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION FILM UPDATE

Yep. Those ones. I still remember when toynami was a thing. Then boom! Yamato came with the V.1. and basically killed the competition.

Seen picks like this really throw me back in time.