Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

On 7/3/2019 at 3:48 AM, Smiley424 said:

Going to SDCC and I can try to pick them up if anyone is interested.  Let me know, no guarantees.  I like the box, but the toy itself looks cheap compared to the HMRs.

@Smiley424 would you be able to pick up something else? I'm interested in the SDCC exclusive Funko Pop Up figures. Please let me know. 

I picked up one Toynami VF-1S GBP-1S set for sale.  Cost plus packaging and shipping.  I will go by first to pm me.  I won't ship out until Monday at the earliest and will be paying FedEx/UPS to pack and ship as I am not local to SoCal.  I probably won't check here again until around 4pm PST.

IMG_20190718_225559.jpg

I find the lack of applause at the announcement licensing extension amusing. You'd expect that if the audience was really enthusiastic about the prospect they would have treated it as a "win" and cheered.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'd be interested to see how those trays fit an HMR valk.  And maybe some high-res scans of the boxes for some editing. ^_^ 

Seems like @sh9000 may be getting a hold of one to do just that...will see how it goes. I don't care enough to spend that kind of money on a box.

from Jenius' review, the Kitzconcept toys, while there were some flaws, seem rather decent, for the price.  I am waiting to see what the VF-1J turns out like, since for some strange reason, this was one of my favorite VF-1 toys from Macross

On 6/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Somewhere, Takatoku cries in it’s sleep.

Box looks nice but this is desecration of a long lost and prestigious company. Like placing a steaming pile in a Ferrari and calling it an accessory. 

Toynami has no shame.

Sig worthy.

So I went and bought one of these.

I can't say much about the toy that hasn't been said already....I probably will just leave it MISB as I am sure there are zero improvments to the actual toy...not sure if they tossed in pilot figs, but that would be the only thing I would want out of the box.  I have another GBP from their "stealth" set, which I believe was another SDCC exclusive...and you would not be missing anything by not owning one.

The only reason I or anyone else half-way interested in these releases would be the nostalgic factor...and by that I mean the obvious nod to the old-school Takatoku boxes and box-art.  For the box alone, Toynami does go all the way and executes the look flawlessly.

The box basically is a "what-if" look at what could have been a Takatoku 1/100 release of their 1/55 VF-1S GBP combo set...:good:

Anyway, it is an awesome recreation of the old-school Takatoku boxes...the illustrations, the text, the fonts...right down to the textured feel of the actual box.  Again...this is pure 100% nostaligia heroin shot straight into your veins. With more similar packaging announced for the rest of their tired lineup of 1/100 VF-1's....I may be hooked enough to continue buying these...I'll definitely get the Retro VF-1S Super Combo set now...;)

I have no idea where any of my HMR GBP's are at the moment...so hopefully someone else can see if they fit into these boxes.

large.image12.jpeg.0aa18c9acdf8aef0562ab

large.image11.jpeg.7b371e63e5a3a48dde8e4

large.image10.jpeg.55ed3a115f10c22824d0d

large.image9.jpeg.754df1b62fe85d7a79d8d2   large.image8.jpeg.e8b840212fadf36723de5e

large.image7.jpeg.1af85476437aa1686fbb48

large.image6.jpeg.0ff9b157c46ff237240300

large.image5.jpeg.14dbe185a0bc14001fa7c0

large.image4.jpeg.601b90b9a2ff383af73516

large.image3.jpeg.79ccad57799f37eb9fe384

large.image2.jpeg.0eeb0428dfc58c9e231d50

large.image1.jpeg.0f46e02bab5ad208e32829