Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

I had the same thing happen with the only one I ever bought. About a couple of weeks of being on a shelf the polycap in one of the legs split apart and when I picked it up the leg would just fall out of joint. I think they sized the pegs bigger than the caps slightly and cheap material added to the problem.

My older smaller banpresto is a bit flimsy, but still holds up not only that but looks better since the panel lines aren't upscaled.

I had the same thing happen with the only one I ever bought. About a couple of weeks of being on a shelf the polycap in one of the legs split apart and when I picked it up the leg would just fall out of joint. I think they sized the pegs bigger than the caps slightly and cheap material added to the problem.

My older smaller banpresto is a bit flimsy, but still holds up not only that but looks better since the panel lines aren't upscaled.

It seems that the only Robotech or Macross toys that hold together over time from this company are the plushes and the vinyls.

Edited by sh9000

• 2 months later...

Good info in this thread. Thanks guys. Now if only the Hi Metal R ones were easier to get... Too much of this 4am preorder running out on HLJ I'm reading. Well I'll hope something good happens in the future. It would be nice if Bandai would release the remaining 1/55ths though but I'm assuming the cost is too much for them to bare for the ones I want. The original molds for the strike, super o, and elint are probably lost or ruined so they'd have to make new ones.

Anyway I'm too far off topic. I was hoping that Robotech.com would get some stuff from Bandai for the 30th anniversary. Looks like that isn't happening. They were going to have 1/55ths out a few years back.

man... I have a Hikaru and a Roy i wanted to sell. Is this a very common problem? The Hikaru is out of the box, and the stand it comes with, instantly broke. Just by fitting the valk to the stand. The cup on the stand broke as if it was made out of cheese.

I've never broken any of my yamatos, or bandais ever, as i am extremely careful with all my toys. Yes i do know some Yamato/Bandai products did have QC issues, so i am not implying most people here are not careful enough with their collections.

I want to sell the mint Roy and the Hikaru. If these are just going to brake, i'd feel awful. I sold my Max last year, and i didn't have a complaint about it.

what to do... what to do...

Damn you toynami!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, first post!

I just got my first Valk since I was a kid and grabbed a 30th anniversary VF-1S GBP before i did any research.

Obviously, all of the pluses and minuses apply - nice and affordable, not too high quality and will probably lead me to spending more money.

Just basically wanted to say hello!

Aron

Looks like Toynami just announced new super versions of Hikaru, Max, and Milia.

(Or in this case Rick, Max, and Miriya...)

https://www.toynami.com/robotech_1-100_super_veritech_fighter.html

Interesting that this would seem to follow the recent/upcoming release of the Jenius couple in the Hi Metal R line. While the quality may be nowhere near HMR, I think I do prefer the Toynami's color schemes here.

Toynami's 1/100 Super VF-1D :)

gallery_12176_633_552505.jpg

gallery_12176_633_790916.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1019456.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1093348.jpg

gallery_12176_633_719948.jpg

gallery_12176_633_551912.jpg

gallery_12176_633_271187.jpg

gallery_12176_633_883551.jpg

gallery_12176_633_477016.jpg

gallery_12176_633_178345.jpg

gallery_12176_633_583685.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1235174.jpg

gallery_12176_633_434633.jpg

gallery_12176_633_861918.jpg

gallery_12176_633_862402.jpg

gallery_12176_633_109838.jpg

gallery_12176_633_31779.jpg

gallery_12176_633_814001.jpg

I would say this is probably the best Toynami 1/100 VF-1 has released. Everything seems a bit tighter (on mine, the left hand intake was tight and I did not want to mess with it too much) and connected better, it will definitely get loose over time with repeated handling. Once again, as in all Toynami 1/100 VF-1's, the lack of a connection point or some way to make the backpack hold its folded/unfolded position better will limit its "swooshability". It holds OK as long as you do not flip it upside down.

This will definitely get "retired" once the HMR version is released.....and it'll get released, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

• 4 months later...

So, what are the chances that we'll see the Ostrich and Elintseeker that were prototypes way back in like 2008?

And on that note, are there any Ostrich/Elintseeker toys outside of Bandai's original ones and Yamato/Arcadia?  I don't think I've seen news of any Ostrich/Elintseekers being released in Arcadia's current line which makes the ones from a few years back expensive as heck.

Edited by protostar8

10 minutes ago, protostar8 said:

So, what are the chances that we'll see the Ostrich and Elintseeker that were prototypes way back in like 2008?

And on that note, are there any Ostrich/Elintseeker toys outside of Bandai's original ones and Yamato/Arcadia?  I don't think I've seen news of any Ostrich/Elintseekers being released in Arcadia's current line which makes the ones from a few years back expensive as heck.

Bandai seems to be on course to release their teased HMR versions at some point....probably for the 35th anniversary of DYRL next year....which means Toynami will probably release theirs first.....

And in case you haven't gotten the memo.....Arcadia seems to have awakened.....let's just hope they don't follow up with The Last Arcadia.....:rolleyes:

On 4/24/2017 at 10:52 AM, jvmacross said:

Bandai seems to be on course to release their teased HMR versions at some point....probably for the 35th anniversary of DYRL next year....which means Toynami will probably release theirs first.....

And in case you haven't gotten the memo.....Arcadia seems to have awakened.....let's just hope they don't follow up with The Last Arcadia.....:rolleyes:

What do you mean Arcadia has awakened?  As in they are making a bunch of valk toys again?

22 minutes ago, protostar8 said:

What do you mean Arcadia has awakened?  As in they are making a bunch of valk toys again?

They have the following releases (which is a lot for them):
April Hikaru Strike VF-1S
May Hikaru Strike VF-1S Premium Edition
July Focker Strike VF-1S Premium Edition
August Miria Super VF-1J
December Max Super VF-1J

41 minutes ago, jenius said:

August Miria Super VF-1J
December Max Super VF-1J

Gotcha.  I figured that's what you meant. :)

I may actually grab a max when they go up for pre-order.  Where is the cheapest place to get Arcadia valks from anymore?

12 minutes ago, protostar8 said:

Gotcha.  I figured that's what you meant. :)

I may actually grab a max when they go up for pre-order.  Where is the cheapest place to get Arcadia valks from anymore?

Based on item pricing (w/o shipping) during preorder window:

1. AmiAmi
2. HobbySearch
3. Nippon-Yasan
4. HLJ

On 4/25/2017 at 10:54 AM, jenius said:

August Miria Super VF-1J
December Max Super VF-1J

But unfortunately only vf-1s until 2018. Doesn't seem likely they'll put out anything else in 2017.