Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

• 9 months later...

I thought I saw someone selling the new set with the new box art on ebay just a few minutes ago...lemme find the link

EDITED : here ya go (not my listing) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toynami-Macross-Robotech-1-100-Transformable-Veritech-Fighter-VF-1j-VF-1A-VF-1S-/301439071117?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item462f2b338d

Edited by aaajin

I wouldn't pay $30 for one of these, I wouldn't even pay $10.

agreed! :D

I thought I saw someone selling the new set with the new box art on ebay just a few minutes ago...lemme find the link

EDITED : here ya go (not my listing) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toynami-Macross-Robotech-1-100-Transformable-Veritech-Fighter-VF-1j-VF-1A-VF-1S-/301439071117?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item462f2b338d

Definitely wouldn't ever buy one myself either but I do like what they did with the "BO" letters to incorporate the 30th anniversary into "Robotech" cool! B)) still wouldn't buy one! :p​

I take back what I said. seems they do not come with FP..so $30 is not worth it.

I am however tempted to get a 1A-standard, which I think has the best looking head of the three head types + it comes with FP, for $35 shipped on ebay...hmmm decisions...decisions...

Got a 1A max for $15 the last time...dont feel like keeping so I sold it off so others could judge for themselves.

Edited by aaajin

Oh yeah, these things were just terrible. Holes for the arm and leg pegs would break. Plastic was too brittle, I had one of the heads break off from just rotating it left/right. They're definitely not worth $30 even with fast packs....maybe $15. (I'd call them Dollar Store transformers)

However, even with teh crappiness, they did make some nice little custom jobs; that and they display well at the office if you don't want someone taking a $100+ toy.

Please, don't buy these... the pegs on the joints break right into the arms and legs. It's almost impossible to replace with other ball joints. AND you have to buy other ball joints! Even the little one for the stand broke. Toynami uses the cheapest plastics with the cheapest manufacturers... the fit sucks... everything is loose and floppy. I already learned from MPCs but people give me these because they don't know any better. I still have some boxed that I wouldn't sell to my worst enemies.

Unless you really want them then send me a PM... lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't visited for a while but I am looking around for 1/100th scale valks for my desk. Does anyone happen to own any of the new 1/100 30th anniversary series from Toynami? Wondering if the quality has improved? (While I am not likely to fiddle around with the toy all the time, I would like to put it into several different poses from time to time)

Edited by rurouni

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my set in the mail today! So far I have opened Hikaru and it's much improved.

Design is exactly the same, but the plastic feels like it's of much higher quality. Everything out of the box is tight, and no cracked joints.

First impressions are positive. I'll definitely be playing around with it some more, and hopefully it doesn't get loose and the joints don't break.

20150128 213828

VF-1A Max is a floppy mess from series 1.

VF-1A Cannon Fodder is tighter but still needed fixing with glue.

So far VF-1J Hikaru is perfect.

(Sorry photos aren't great.)

Edited by rasky