The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread 2

Earlier this month, RVD made his debut on TNA by squashing Sting in 10 seconds. Then Sting spent the next 5 or so minutes of the segment making a piñata out of him.

Do you wanna uess who gave the Stinger the idea to paint his face black and white?

It was Scott Hall, who thought he would look good painted up like "The Crow"; Sting looks so much better with his NWO Wolfpack red and black paintjob in my opinion.

I'd rather watch TNA than WWE, for the reason that I don't like that prick Vince McMahon all much. Ted Turner's biggest mistake was selling WCW to that son of a bitch.

TNA is the new version of WCW in my opinion (I was a Monday Nitro fan after all).

Edited by Wanzerfan

I have not actively followed rasslin for a few years now, but it's quite amazing that TNA can recycle those old WWF/WWE athletes from another era and that they can still perform given they are all close to collecting social security:

Sting is 50 years old

Hogan is 56.

Flair is 61...

Do you wanna uess who gave the Stinger the idea to paint his face black and white?

It was Scott Hall, who thought he would look good painted up like "The Crow"; Sting looks so much better with his NWO Wolfpack red and black paintjob in my opinion.

I'd rather watch TNA than WWE, for the reason that I don't like that prick Vince McMahon all much. Ted Turner's biggest mistake was selling WCW to that son of a bitch.

TNA is the new version of WCW in my opinion (I was a Monday Nitro fan after all).

Nah, Sting looks better as The Crow.

Also, Turner's mistake wasn't selling WCW to WWE; it was his failure to get proper management for it. He gave control to Eric Bischoff, who got carried away with Turner's money and brought in all of the WWF has-beens to take over the booking. When you give the wrestlers control of the show, their egos go off the scale. As a result, many wrestlers were mistreated by the main bookers (Hogan, Hall & Nash) and they jumped ship.

Yes, the nWo was a great idea at the beginning, but once they started recruiting more members and splitting the faction into numerous divisions (i.e. nWo Team B, nWo Wolfpac), it got old very quickly.

Another big mistake was hiring Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara, who had left the WWF in 1999. While they came up with the best storylines and angles in WWF, they destroyed WCW's reputation in record time. There have been many rumors that Vinnie Mac secretly sent Russo and Ferrara to sabotage WCW, but they were never proven.

And by the time you would blame Billionaire Ted for WCW's downfall, he had already lost control of it, as his entire company, Turner Communications, was acquired by AOL Time Warner. And they didn't care at all. Once they saw that WCW lost over $20 million in 2000, they just asked Vinnie Mac to whip out his checkbook and write out $3 million (basically his lunch money).

And yes, TNA is the new WCW. I'm afraid it will eventually suffer the same fate over time.

Time for a little flashback:

Demolition
Back in 1987, the WWF needed their version of the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk). So veteran wrestlers Bill Eadie and Randy Colley became Ax and Smash of Demolition, a tag team that looked like something out of a Mad Max movie. After only a few matches, Colley stepped down because the fans already knew him by his previous gimmick, Moondog Rex. Barry Darsow became the new Smash, and the team started to pave their road to domination. Their undefeated streak was further reinforced when Mr. Fuji replaced Luscious Johnny Valiant as their manager.

At WrestleMania IV in 1988, Demolition destroyed Strike Force (Tito Santana and Rick Martel) to become the WWF Tag Team Champions. Demolition's three reigns as champions totaled to 698 days, which remains the longest reign of the title until today.

Shortly after WrestleMania VI in 1990, Demolition added a third member in the form of Brian Adams, a.k.a. Crush. Due to health reasons, Ax took more of a managerial position while the team reverted to heel status. Their popularity began to wane when the WWF signed in the Legion of Doom, who cost Demolition the titles to the Hart Foundation (Bret "Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart) at SummerSlam. The feud ended with a loss to LOD and the Ultimate Warrior on an episode of Saturday Night's Main Event, followed by another defeat at Survivor Series. Shortly afterward, Ax quit from the WWF, leaving Smash and Crush as the team constantly jobbed to other tag teams such as the Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty).

After losing to Japanese wrestlers Genichiro Tenryu and Koji Kitao at WrestleMania VII in March 1991, Demolition disbanded. Smash became Repo Man, while Crush briefly wrestled as a face.

In 2007, Adams died from an accidental drug overdose. In the same year, Ax and Smash reunited for the first time in over 16 years and they continue to wrestle in independent promotions across the U.S.

Many long-time WWF/WWE fans consider Demolition to be the greatest tag team of all-time - more so than arch-rivals Legion of Doom. Regardless of what many think of the team, you have to admit that they had one of the best entrance themes ever recorded. Edited by areaseven

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone cares, here's the WrestleMania XXVI results:

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship

ShoMiz (Big Show & The Miz) def. John Morrison & R-Truth

Randy Orton def. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase in a triple-threat.

Money in the Bank

Jack Swagger def. Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Drew McIntyre, Christian, Montel Vontavious Porter, Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston and Kane

Triple-H gave Sheamus the Pedigree.

Rey Mysterio def. Pepsi Boy a.k.a. CM Punk

No-Holds Barred Lumberjack Match

In what is perhaps the worst WM match since Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at WMXX, Bret "Hitman" Hart put Vinnie Mac on the Sharpshooter.

World Heavyweight Championship

Chris Jericho def. Edge

10-Diva Tag Team Match

Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero def. Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix

WWE Championship

John Cena def. Batista to become Champion again. Yawn.

Winning Streak vs. Career

Undertaker def. Shawn Michaels; therefore, HBK retires.

Well, Teddy Long has now renewed his "Peanut Head" moniker for accepting a job with that prick Vince McMahon's orginization (I lost all respect with that orginization due to the Chris Benoit fallout a few years ago).

Kanyon passed on? I hope it wasn't drug related.

In addition, I want TNA to bring back something this sport has been missing for a long time...

Bring back THE F*CKING FOUR HORSEMEN!!! ||||

Edited by Wanzerfan

Kanyon passed on? I hope it wasn't drug related.

In addition, I want TNA to bring back something this sport has been missing for a long time...

Bring back THE F*CKING FOUR HORSEMEN!!! ||||

1. From The Wrestling Observer:

Chris Klucsaritis, who wrestled as Chris Kanyon, passed away last night from an overdose of pills at his apartment in the Sunnyside section of Queens, NY, last night. He was 40.

Klucsaritis' death is believed to be a suicide. He had been open about suffering from a bipolar disorder and had talked and threatened suicide many times in the past according to those who are close with him.

He had been talking about going through another bout with depression and taking his life earlier in the week.

2. TNA cannot use the Four Horsemen moniker, as it is now a WWE trademark. Besides, who is Horsemen material anymore?

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, Sting looks better as The Crow.

Also, Turner's mistake wasn't selling WCW to WWE; it was his failure to get proper management for it. He gave control to Eric Bischoff, who got carried away with Turner's money and brought in all of the WWF has-beens to take over the booking. When you give the wrestlers control of the show, their egos go off the scale. As a result, many wrestlers were mistreated by the main bookers (Hogan, Hall & Nash) and they jumped ship.

Yes, the nWo was a great idea at the beginning, but once they started recruiting more members and splitting the faction into numerous divisions (i.e. nWo Team B, nWo Wolfpac), it got old very quickly.

Another big mistake was hiring Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara, who had left the WWF in 1999. While they came up with the best storylines and angles in WWF, they destroyed WCW's reputation in record time. There have been many rumors that Vinnie Mac secretly sent Russo and Ferrara to sabotage WCW, but they were never proven.

And by the time you would blame Billionaire Ted for WCW's downfall, he had already lost control of it, as his entire company, Turner Communications, was acquired by AOL Time Warner. And they didn't care at all. Once they saw that WCW lost over $20 million in 2000, they just asked Vinnie Mac to whip out his checkbook and write out $3 million (basically his lunch money).

And yes, TNA is the new WCW. I'm afraid it will eventually suffer the same fate over time.

Yeah...you hit it right on the money...WWE's ultimate defeat of WCW had little to do with Vinny breaking new ground but more with WCW's epic fail at trying to sell the same product.

I lost interest in wrasslin shortly after The Rock left to start a film career. By that point Steve Austin was gone, Triple H while being awesome was becoming to repetitive, regaining the title after losing it over and over again got real old.

The tag team division finally collapsed into nothing relevant or fun to watch. Even with the infusion of ECW there was nothing that really kept my interest. And as a side note the loss of ECW as an individual entity was probably worse then the fall of WCW.

The only new gen wrestler that I liked turned "hip hop" Cena has mad talent but defacing the belt to look like a turn table and rapping on stage was not something I was interested in. Granted I'm old skool and probably can't relate that particular gimmick seriously but it is what it is. All these other guys I've seen come out have sparked ZERO desire to want to start watching Raw again.

TNA is a poor man's WCW where the old bulls go out to pasture, good for nostalgia but little more then that.

I'm content with watching old skool matches...epic confrontations like Hulk vs Randy Savage, The British Bulldogs vs The Hart Foundation, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat vs The Magnificent Muraco...yeah that for me was wrestling at it's best.

• 3 months later...

What actually caused the heart failure?

I can barely watch WWE since they went PG. And TNA is WCW...at least RVD is back..too bad he doesn't have much to work with...

Definitely steroids.

And as I said on previous posts, I quit watching WWE years ago. However, I'm glad WWE finally pulled the plug on their poor excuse for ECW.

What actually caused the heart failure?

I can barely watch WWE since they went PG. And TNA is WCW...at least RVD is back..too bad he doesn't have much to work with...

My bet is yayo.

I can't believe that Paul Bearer (Percy Pringle?) is still in the business, I thought he passed on (or at least retired).

• 2 weeks later...

On another topic...

God, Golddust??? What the f*ck is Dustin Rhodes thinking???

I would much rather see him as "The Natural" than in that kabuki from hell getup.

Only KISS can pull off the kabuki look and not look like idiots!!!

Wow, you sound like you've never seen Goldust before. He's been on and off that gimmick for over 15 years.

Wow, you sound like you've never seen Goldust before. He's been on and off that gimmick for over 15 years.

I have heard of him. It's just recently (within the last few years) that I found out who he really was. I really enjoyed his stint with WCW as "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes.

Time to switch gears on this thread:

In your opinion, who are the 10 greatest heel wrestlers of all-time, and what made them stand out from the rest?

10) Bret "Hitman" Hart (preferred him as a face, but he made a great heel)

9) Jeff Jarret (no one hits you with a guitar better!)

8) The Magnificent Muraco (Along with Mr Fuji...epic win!)

7) Shawn Michaels (I can still see him Superkick Marty Janetty lmao)

6) Ted Dibiase ("money" and great mic skills + great ring prowess)

5) The Rock (he's the greatest...but as a heel not so)

4) Bobby "The Brain" Heenan (include any member of his Family)

3) Hollywood Hulk Hogan (nWo 4-life!)

2) HHH There can be only one #1...but HHH is not far behind.

1) Rowdy Roddy Piper (The only heel that turned face to my regret...it will be ages until someone equals the years of hate!)

Edited by Zor Primus

Here are my votes:

1. Hollywood Hulk Hogan - His defection to the nWo was undoubtedly the pinnacle of his career.

2. "Macho Man" Randy Savage - His feud with Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat is nothing short of legendary.

3. "Nature Boy" Ric Flair - He was pretty much the foundation of all modern heel wrestlers.

4. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase - How can you not hate one who flaunts his wealth in the ring?

5. Vince McMahon - Now who would you hate more than the owner of the WWE himself?

6. Rowdy Roddy Piper - That coconut shot on Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka has left a mark in wrestling history.

7. Chris Jericho - The most brilliant heel the WCW had for a very short time.

8. Honky Tonk Man - How can you not hate an Elvis impersonator in the ring?

9. Kurt Angle - His persona as an arrogant prick in the WWF/WWE was priceless. And who wouldn't chant, "YOU SUCK!" to the tune of his entrance theme?

10. Ravishing Rick Rude - Total arrogance in the ring along with a male stripper gimmick, along with unforgettable feuds with Jake "The Snake" Roberts and the Ultimate Warrior. R.I.P. Rick Rude.

• 1 month later...

The Honky Tonk Man made an appearance on an episode of Judge Pirro (I'm not sure it was her show, there are so many arbitration programs) this year.

On the TNA front...

It looks like that organization is going straight to Hell without passing GO!. Eric Bischoff is now a part of the organization.

VERY good pull on Rick Rude, areaseven!!! And, yes, the coconut to the mug of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was quite shocking (and freaking HILARIOUS) to me...Thank God for Rowdy Roddy Piper...he sure made wrestling funny...

• 2 months later...

Not that it matters to anyone, but TNA had their first PPV of 2011. Here are the results:

TNA Genesis

TNA X-Division Championship

Kazarian def. Jay Lethal for his fourth title reign.

TNA Women's Knockout Championship

Madison Rayne def. Mickie James to retain the title.

TNA Tag Team Championship

Beer Money Inc. (James Storm and Robert Roode) def. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) for their fourth title reign.

Bully Ray (formerly Bubba Ray) def. Brother Devon by DQ.

TNA TV Championship

Abyss def. Douglas Williams for the title.

Matt Hardy def. Rob Van Dam

Double J Double M A "Exhibition"

Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle fought to a no-contest.

TNA Number 1 Contender

Mr. Anderson (formerly Mr. Kennedy in the WWE) def. Matt Morgan

TNA World Championship

Jeff Hardy loses this match. Therefore, the winner and NEW TNA World Champion... MISTERRRRRRRRRR... AAANDERSONNN!!!

For those who have been out of touch like me, here's the current list of WWE's champions:

WWE Champion (RAW): The Miz

World Heavyweight Champion (SmackDown!): Edge

United States Champion (RAW): Daniel Bryan

Intercontinental Champion (SmackDown!): Kofi Kingston

WWE Tag Team Champions: Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov

WWE Divas Champion: Natalya

In other news, this year's Royal Rumble will be on Sunday, January 30. The main event will be The Miz defending his WWE title against Randy Orton.

WrestleMania XXVII will take place on April 3 at the Georgia Dome. No word on who will be on the card.

For those who have been out of touch like me, here's the current list of WWE's champions:

WWE Champion (RAW): The Miz

World Heavyweight Champion (SmackDown!): Edge

United States Champion (RAW): Daniel Bryan

Intercontinental Champion (SmackDown!): Kofi Kingston

WWE Tag Team Champions: Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov

WWE Divas Champion: Natalya

In other news, this year's Royal Rumble will be on Sunday, January 30. The main event will be The Miz defending his WWE title against Randy Orton.

WrestleMania XXVII will take place on April 3 at the Georgia Dome. No word on who will be on the card.

I think it's sad that the only names I recognize on that list are The Edge and Randy Orton.