Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

couldn't wait... :D

gallery_8437_264_146896.jpg

i like the way the inside of the right leg turned out like a gray metallic color... i wish i knew how to purposely do this for the whole valk...

here's one w/ a little funky effects...

3628070682_8ff51cd308.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

lol, offence to Gundam fans but there seems to be alot of Gundam flavour for this Macross related part of the forum/thread. :p

Gundam SUCKS!

Yes

Gundam is good in its own Gundamy way. Macross is good in its own Macrossy way.

Besides, Gundams are more powerful than Valkyries. B))

i guess... i don't have anything against gundam, i actually watch some of it and like some of the mecha designs.... but the thing is, there are already soooooo many gundam forums talking about all the gundam shows, tons of gunpla modeling stuff, gundam figures from the MSIAs to the GFFs to the new RDs etc. etc.... but there's only one Macrossworld :wub::)

and i don't think too many people really care about who's more powerful... seriously...

-----------------------------

here's a quick pic of my 25F re-issue... guess i lucked out a little... the wings don't have too much of that upward slope...

3627450455_84c6991aba.jpg

i'm actually liking this... i guess my mind has been conditioned not to expect too much after all the bashing on the DX thread... :p

but seriously, its not bad, not bad at all... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

couldn't wait... :D

gallery_8437_264_146896.jpg

i like the way the inside of the right leg turned out like a gray metallic color... i wished i knew how to purposely do this for the whole valk...

here's one w/ a little funky effects...

3628070682_8ff51cd308.jpg

This is probably a noob question, but where do you get those tri-pod stands for your Valks. I've looked in hobby stores in my area with no luck whatsoever. Thanks

nice... the fold booster can do that!?!?! man, i should get some batteries for mine, lol :lol:...

what's that behind the 21/fold booster?? :D

same here. want to cpoy this but i dont have a canera right now :(

i was about to buy a 40d today but the seller told me that someone bought it early this morning and i was glad as i really wanted a 5d.

Edited by Vegas

nice, I love that two tone/desaturated look.

still playing with them lights

Ohh nice one eugimon mate, motion take of the Fold Booster!

I remembered i opened up a thread ages ago for ppl to post their valk with fold booster attached, and all they did was get all gay and fold dildo like,

but this is what i was talking about, nice stuff!

med_gallery_3118_46_75192.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

im still short of funds. my canon sd550 will do for now

Ah... well, I can't wait to see the results when you do get it!

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie! I remember that thread, maybe with more members picking up DSLRs and manual P&S jobs we'll see more interesting shots that play with light. I'm sure Dante and Vegas (when he gets his new camera) will wow you to no end. :p

I'm still trying to dial in the right settings so it doesn't look all blown out. I'm not keen on getting a filter just for the added step down so I think I'm going to find a dimmer and rig it to the lights so I can control the intensity a little better.

LOL. Well then, put your poses man! :D

nice... the fold booster can do that!?!?! man, i should get some batteries for mine, lol :lol:...

what's that behind the 21/fold booster?? :D

So, I don't know if you're asking how that shot was taken or not but it's a string of LEDs like a mini christmas light set that I bundled up into a loose ball. I set the camera for a 1.3 second exposure, started the shot then draped the lights on the valk and yanked them away leaving the trail of lights.

The 2nd pic, the one with the better exposure that isn't as blown out, I had the same lights in place already but turned off, when the camera started the exposure I flicked the lights on and off as fast as I could manage. Didn't get the same sort light trails but I thought the pic as a whole is nicer since it's not all blown hightlights.

Edited by eugimon

Currently cleaning my display cabinet a bit, lost a couple of small 1/72 parts, so you know how packed it is, everything needs to be shifted around and taken out. lol

I plan a group shoot of all my 1/60 mecha.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah mate, i agree.

I'm really wrapped with the v.2 Battroid, it is just so much "more" than 1/48, and just adds more ways for me to be creative with poses.

First thing i wanted to try was the one handed stand/plant with gunpod in other hand without stand assistance, all balanced on the one hand clear,

but all i could manage was this (obvious reason why i couldn't, wrist doesn't go back far enough lol) -

gallery_3118_46_68487.jpg

I'll try it with the TV bubble hand next, just didn't have time. I'm pretty sure i can make it work, the v.2 battroid is super tight and locks in nice! :D

I try to be a master of balance, that's where the skill is.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So, I don't know if you're asking how that shot was taken or not but it's a string of LEDs like a mini christmas light set that I bundled up into a loose ball. I set the camera for a 1.3 second exposure, started the shot then draped the lights on the valk and yanked them away leaving the trail of lights.

The 2nd pic, the one with the better exposure that isn't as blown out, I had the same lights in place already but turned off, when the camera started the exposure I flicked the lights on and off as fast as I could manage. Didn't get the same sort light trails but I thought the pic as a whole is nicer since it's not all blown hightlights.

thanks... good to know... lol, a month ago i would've said "exposure what!?!?!?" :lol:

i actually like the lightning-like trail of the first shot, but yeah, the valk looks blown out esp. the yellow stripes...

i just have to say - OH MY FCUKING GOD!!! ---> when i looked up how much that 5D costs! :blink: go for it Vegas, if its truly what you want... you only live once, man... ^_^

EDIT - nice pose there ruskii... i've always wanted to do a sequence of shots of the v.2 doing a cartwheel... you got the hard part down.

Edited by m0n5t3r

nice, I love that two tone/desaturated look.

still playing with them lights

_DSC5265.jpg

_DSC5280.jpg

Now that's why I check this thread daily! Well except on weekends..... :lol:

Edited by logos

thanks... good to know... lol, a month ago i would've said "exposure what!?!?!?" :lol:

i just have to say - OH MY FCUKING GOD!!! ---> when i looked up how much that 5D costs! :blink: go for it Vegas, if its truly what you want... you only live once, man... ^_^

im only getting a used one around $1200 :lol:

psh, and you haven't ponied it up yet? Why, that's just walk around money! :lol:

Yo, eugiomon! Gotta give props where props are due. Those YF-21 shots, even in their dull backgrounds, are sick! Looks like the Valk is haulin' ass and about to literally "fold"! Kinda reminds me of Back To The Future when the car starts sparking and what not right before it's zapped back into the 50's! Unbelieveable shots! Thanks for sharing. B))