Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

well, if we get a VF-100s SMS Monster Canaria custom with the not very politically correct depiction of Ranka's nose art thingy, uh...hope it's not the same Yamato mold (isn't it different?), and neither a crazy partsformer like the current VF-25, since it's humongous-huge, a close to PT is quite possible, but would come at a high price tag.

honestly, I think Bandai's going to concentrate on fighters, and leave the Monster unattended for a while, I'd like to be wrong though.

well, if we get a VF-100s SMS Monster Canaria custom with the not very politically correct depiction of Ranka's nose art thingy, uh...hope it's not the same Yamato mold (isn't it different?), and neither a crazy partsformer like the current VF-25, since it's humongous-huge, a close to PT is quite possible, but would come at a high price tag.

honestly, I think Bandai's going to concentrate on fighters, and leave the Monster unattended for a while, I'd like to be wrong though.

I agree with you, and I hope we are both wrong.

But it seems to be more likely that Bandai will do the VF-27 and the VF-171 first... And even the Vajras before the Monster.

I got my VF-25F last night at HK$201 (~US$25.7).

I finally found one with a relatively clean face!

And it is less floppy than my 25S.

I used to think VF100 would be good for fighter mode. But the legs wouldn't stay in the engine position.

I used to think VF100 gerwalk makes the best pose out of the 3 lines (DX, model, VF100). That is true, but I can't make it stand well in those cool poses. I need stands for this mode... Are the VF100 stands released?

So at the end I pose them in battroid mode... which looks good.

I got my VF-25F last night at HK$201 (~US$25.7).

I finally found one with a relatively clean face!

And it is less floppy than my 25S.

I used to think VF100 would be good for fighter mode. But the legs wouldn't stay in the engine position.

I used to think VF100 gerwalk makes the best pose out of the 3 lines (DX, model, VF100). That is true, but I can't make it stand well in those cool poses. I need stands for this mode... Are the VF100 stands released?

So at the end I pose them in battroid mode... which looks good.

I've seen the stands in stores... thy're actually "generic" stand for action figures that also work with the VF100's. BUt you might as well try the Bandai stands for model kits, the small ones... or even the SMS stand. They suit these things perfectly.

The official stand that Bandai was promoting for the VF100s was criticised for not allowing a spread leg stance in Gerwalk mode. IIRC, it only allows the legs to be positioned parallel to each other, straight down.

Graham

Thanks everyone!

I know the attachment unit they come with the VF100; it just asks you to pin the legs in parallel together. That ruins 1/3 of the point of owning a VF100.

In fact I don't have much display space, so battroid mode save the most. When I take pics I'll borrow the stands from the model kits.

Very nice, will definitely buy one, even though I prefer Ozma's colors for the Armored Pack.

Graham

Do you know if they are planning to do the armored ozma as well in the 100s line? I know they will in the 1/60 and 1/72.

Wait a minute is the past photos the hips were in the correct position and now there back to Dx position?

So it seems, that's why I was always wondering if the first photos we saw were trustworthy.

Bandai: lazy bastards!

You gotta figure that if they put the hip back where they had it on their first release then there is a reason for that... like stability, cost or less partsforming. Everything is a trade-off in the toy world.

I recently got myself a VF-25S and despite the horrible partsforming, I see myself going on and purchase the rest of this line. Bottomline is they look great, the paint application is good and the finish looks durable (accidentally scratched a few places heavily and not a scratch anywhere yet. I can't afford a 1/60, so this is as close as my budget will take me. It's not for everyone, but for someone like me it's awesome enough.

Hello,

I see myself only being able to get a VF100 VF-25, I would prefer the VF-25S, armored would be better, but where is the cheapest place for an american to order on of these things? I have skimmed the 21 pages of the thread and I saw mentioned that the price was reduced? But I still see them for sale for 40-50 USD. Is this the reduced price? Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Twich

You gotta figure that if they put the hip back where they had it on their first release then there is a reason for that... like stability, cost or less partsforming. Everything is a trade-off in the toy world.

Isn't the battroid crotch a single piece that's only used in battroid mode anyways? And since there's extra armor on the crotch they'd need to redesign that part anyways (this can only be displayed as the armored version right?), how much harder/more expensive would it be to move the hip bar down a few millimeters while they're at it?

Unless moving the legs down a few millimeters suddenly makes this impossibly top heavy or something (which I doubt) I see no reason to not produce it with a fixed crotch after showing it as such.

Now in bandai's defense, it could be that since it's a prototype maybe they ended up using the old crotch instead of the new one, and the final product will be fixed.