Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Love the guitar and mic pictures. Lol.

I love this pic :-)

post-2300-1265211630_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skypoet

Could someone post a picture of the pile of parts that needs to be removed to make transformation from fighter to battroid possible with the stripped down VF displayed beside it? That would really solidify my feelings toward this toy.

Could someone post a picture of the pile of parts that needs to be removed to make transformation from fighter to battroid possible with the stripped down VF displayed beside it? That would really solidify my feelings toward this toy.

Thanks for giving me another reason to transform it. ^_^

Note: The little square wrist covers that plug into the wrist holes really don't have to be put back on in fighter mode, they're barely noticable. I actually just leave the hands on at all times.

basara_fighter.png

basara_battroid.png

The main thing to deal with are the head parts. Unfortunately Basara just has too much flare on his head to be neatly tucked away in fighter mode. I'll be curious to see how Yamato handles this problem.

I'll take this opportunity to say again that this really is a great little piece. I find the transformation easy and fun and after doing it a few times now nothing feels like it's getting loose or worn out. I'm glad Yamato is making this bird, but to be honest I'm so happy with this one that it's hard to get excited for Yamato's.

Hello,

I recently received my Hi-Metal Fire Valkyrie, and I'm also very happy with it.

It seems a lot of people are jumping on the "bandwagon" that they have either cancelled their order, or wish they did upon learning that Yamato has decided to imitate Bandai, by releasing their own version. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery. :lol:

I do not regret buying this item, and I'm very impressed with Bandai thus far. In comparison I have found the Yamato valkyries to be much more delicate and prone to breakage. While I like both companies for various reasons, I believe the Fire Valkyrie to be excellent despite the lack of metal.

1/100 size is just right and allows for more display space to be utilized.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

:lol: at the robot face staring out of the back of the valk. For those who are curious, the head will turn around and the robot mode head will integrate into the body of the valk (AKA: the valk wont actually look like that normally) - back-eyes are purely optional :lol:

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice. :p

I originally planned to have the mouth face pointing out but I fumbled it into a big box of other toys and didn’t have the patience to mount a rescue search.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice. :p

I originally planned to have the mouth face pointing out but I fumbled it into a big box of other toys and didn’t have the patience to mount a rescue search.

What happened to all the small pieces that cover the back of the legs? Did you find a way to keep them on?

Edited by Ivan

I can live with the legs, but the thought of having to pull off the head parts for transformation kinda bugs.

You're asking for too much from a 1/100 scale transformable toy ^_^

I'm stil looking for a small fun good looking toy to bring with me on my travels... this might be it. also considering a revoltech vf-1s non-transformable. maybe i'll bring a chunky monkey

Really? Bringing toys on trips? Never thought of doing that... expecially not when I am sharing a hotel room with a colleague/ friend. :ph34r:

Mine are long business trips so it's a little diffrent. Doubt I'd have time to look at it if I were on a trip with friends. I brought my Alternity Convoy last year with me. I'm really tempted to bring my VF-1S Hikaru but i think he'll break somewhere in London during the connection. I wonder how Bandai's HiMetal VF-1 will turn out

Picked up VF-25F for about $25 off last week, and I ended up liking it a LOT more than I thought I would. The parts swapping suprisingly doesnt bother me that much, and I love the proportions in Battroid. It's fun, and its palm-sized. I'm not worried about breaking anything or ruining any decals and paint or having to massage everything in perfect alignment like I am with my kits(although, the kits are still #1 to me). Nor do I curse it's Battroid proportions, landing gear, rub off paint...etc like I do my DX.

Of course, it could also be that I only paid $25 for it, and wasn't expecting much...hell I just wanted a 1/100 VF-25 to go with my VB-6. That said, it definitely does have its shortcomings, while the parts swapping doesn't bother me as much, it sure looks like MUCH less should have been nessacary. Fighter mode could have been better too, legs too low, no pilot. When half the toy is parts swapping, there really shouldnt be so many sacrifices.

Oh, and I lowered the hips in Battroid mode, makes it look like a totally different toy! That might sway my opinion some:)

post-145-1265911307_thumb.jpg

post-145-1265911312_thumb.jpg

post-145-1265911316_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics Eriku. I like what I see and when I have a little more cash plan to pick this lil guy up.

I'm still hesitant. I saw a youtube video of the partsforming and it sort of scared me off. It seemed like more of a lego kit than any kind of figure. The joints looked real loose too. It might have been the way the guy cut the video though to put it in a negative light, but I wasn't prepared for what I saw. :unsure:

Picked up VF-25F for about $25 off last week, and I ended up liking it a LOT more than I thought I would. The parts swapping suprisingly doesnt bother me that much, and I love the proportions in Battroid. It's fun, and its palm-sized. I'm not worried about breaking anything or ruining any decals and paint or having to massage everything in perfect alignment like I am with my kits(although, the kits are still #1 to me). Nor do I curse it's Battroid proportions, landing gear, rub off paint...etc like I do my DX.

Of course, it could also be that I only paid $25 for it, and wasn't expecting much...hell I just wanted a 1/100 VF-25 to go with my VB-6. That said, it definitely does have its shortcomings, while the parts swapping doesn't bother me as much, it sure looks like MUCH less should have been nessacary. Fighter mode could have been better too, legs too low, no pilot. When half the toy is parts swapping, there really shouldnt be so many sacrifices.

Oh, and I lowered the hips in Battroid mode, makes it look like a totally different toy! That might sway my opinion some:)

Hi! May I ask how did you lower the hips? Here is how I did to mine: post-10384-1265934898_thumb.jpg

I'm still hesitant. I saw a youtube video of the partsforming and it sort of scared me off. It seemed like more of a lego kit than any kind of figure. The joints looked real loose too. It might have been the way the guy cut the video though to put it in a negative light, but I wasn't prepared for what I saw. :unsure:

Was it a video for the Hi-Metal VF-19 or the VF100 VF-25? They're two VERY different beasts.

There's nothing on the VF-19 that could be called loose, and there's literally just one or two pieces here and there that actually come off, vs. the VF100 Messiah valks that, as you say, are more like a lego set.

nice job, the new hips look great!

This figure is my least favorite valk purchase but it looks great in battroid mode with this modification. How did you do that?

Hi! May I ask how did you lower the hips? Here is how I did to mine:

nice job, the new hips look great!

This figure is my least favorite valk purchase but it looks great in battroid mode with this modification. How did you do that?

I just cut off the ball joints, and attached them lower. Wow, the closeup makes it look a lot messier than it is!

post-145-1265942203_thumb.jpg

I just cut off the ball joints, and attached them lower. Wow, the closeup makes it look a lot messier than it is!

Jarrod, what kid of glue did you use? I was thinking about doing the same thing but was concerned that once cutt off, the structural integrity is hardly reestablished with simple gluing. I fear the ball joints will just keep detaching from the crotch and stay on the legs everytime I want to put it back in fighter mode

EDIT> clarity

Edited by regult

Jarrod, what kid of glue did you use? I was thinking about doing the same thing but was concerned that once cutt off, the structural integrity is hardly reestablished with simple gluing. I fear the ball joints will just keep detaching from the crotch and stay on the legs everytime I want to put it back in fighter mode

EDIT> clarity

I used the kind of super glue you get at the hobby shop. I reinforced them from the inside with some styrene, and even drilled holes and inserted some metal pins pins through them from complete stability.

Was it a video for the Hi-Metal VF-19 or the VF100 VF-25? They're two VERY different beasts.

There's nothing on the VF-19 that could be called loose, and there's literally just one or two pieces here and there that actually come off, vs. the VF100 Messiah valks that, as you say, are more like a lego set.

It was a video for the VF100 VF-25.

The Hi-Metal VF-19 looks really nice, but unfortunately I'm not a Macross 7 fan. I'll wait for a Macross Plus version.

• 2 weeks later...

The VF100 series shouldn't have transformed at all, (try telling Bandai that :rolleyes: ).

I have the Tamashi Exclusive VF-25F & S fighters and they are amazing!

The sculpts are brilliant for the scale, lightyears ahead of the crap Banpresto is pushing out for their non scale VFs... <_<