Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Is anyone seeing that horrendous gap between the canopy and the main body when its in gerwalk mode? It reminds me of the issue with the first release VF-0s.

It's not at all uncommon on resin prototypes to have fairly bad fitment, as they're often held together with hot glue and tape for easily disassembly.

You might also note that the resin version most commonly seen is a very early version as it doesn't even have forearm hatches for the deployable hands - something that has already been confirmed to be on the figure by other prototype photos.

It's not at all uncommon on resin prototypes to have fairly bad fitment, as they're often held together with hot glue and tape for easily disassembly.

You might also note that the resin version most commonly seen is a very early version as it doesn't even have forearm hatches for the deployable hands - something that has already been confirmed to be on the figure by other prototype photos.

Bah, get outta here with your "facts" and your "logic"!

post-430-1267657623_thumb.jpg

The cg VF-1 I made a while back featured such a compromise (albeit things like that are much easier to do in cg, but still, mine is a "realistic" model with no anime magic or part-swapping): I have a long beaver tail as in the lineart, and at transformation time, rather than just hinging over, it first moves FURTHER rearward on an armature extending out of the backplate/dorsal surface -- that way, the hinge sits lower on the back and the top of the tail section is still flush with the shoulder lights in battroid mode. If anybody cares, I could render a detail shot showing what I mean.

That would really be nice

I'm abit late to the party and not very sure if this is the correct thread to post about the Hi-metal VF-19 Kai, but wow bandai i'm quite impressed with the proportions and the feel of the toy despite some minor parts swapping.

Very painless transformation compared to the YF-19 yamato, feels solid, and chest section locks. Loving this toy. ;)

I suspect Bandai really doesn't know what to do with the VF100 line.

They have these molds they've paid for and they probably want to make a profit on them but aren't sure how. Particularly with the VF-HiMetal line seemingly being better received by the market.

Personally I think they should convert the VF100 line to a fighter only line, keep the Robot Tamashii line as a battroid line and use the VF-HiMetal line for transformable valks. The first two can be sold for less due to the lack of engineering involved in both, while the HiMetal line is the DX of 1/100 scale models...

Where should we look for the Köenig Monster news?

I suggest starting a dedicated 'Bandai Köenig Monster' thread, as nobody seems quite sure yet if it is in the Robot Spirits line or the DX line.

Graham

I bought the Alto and Ozma VF-25s from HLJ since they were marked down to practically nothing. I was expecting them to be parts-forming, but not to the point of feeling like I'm reassembling a model kit each time I want to put them into a different mode! I'm impressed as hell over the overall design, since these are my first MF toys, but a tad put off by the "garage kit" feel of the things...

Edited by Cyclone Trooper