Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Quote from Tamashii site

すでに雑誌などに試作品が掲載されていますが、第2弾はVF-1J一条輝機をリリース予定です。VF-1は初代バルキリーとして思い入れの強い機体だけに、納得できるものになるよう、何度も試作を繰り返しながら開発中です。

また、VF-19改ファイヤーバルキリーのバリエーションとして、ブレイザーバルキリーの開発も進んでおります。

みなさんから要望の多い機体も続々と商品化予定です。もちろん、『マクロスプラス』のあの機体も・・・

Rough translation:

The prototype has already been appeared in magazines but the 2nd release is planned to be VF-1J Hikaru. Since the VF-1 is the very first Valkyrie with a strong emotional attachment, in order to make it satisfying, we are doing prototype after prototype while in midst of development.

Also, as a variation of the VF-19kai Fire Valkyrie, the development of the Blazer Valkyrie is moving along. We are planning to make toys of those mecha which many of you have requested. Yes, even that mecha from Macross Plus...

Edited by Vifam7

Looks great and I'll definitely buy one, but really................the gunpod can't attach in fighter mode?

C'mon shame on you Bandai, that's a no-brainer! What is this the 80s'?

Fantastic news that the Blazer is in development. I've wanted a nice looking VF-19F/S toy since I first saw Macross 7, 16 years ago. They better bloody well modify the molds to make the gunpod attachable in fighter mode though! Same goes for a YF-19.

Oh yes and landing gear, even if detachable...........another no-brainer one would have thought.

Graham

Whoa... when it rains, it really pours!! :rolleyes: Bandai finally got off its ass and get things moving. And Macross got the attention it deserved.

I am really glad to hear that the Blazer valkyrie is under development. Been always wanting to have a good looking one since I first saw the show.

I also hope this will put some pressure on Yamato to improve their QC and durability. Competition is a good thing.

Edited by Ivan

I'm so tired of seeing Bandai web exclusives and I don't even buy any of them. I'm glad this was never as big of an issue when the MSIA/EMSIA line was still running. I think I'll skip the fire just based on principle because the separate sound booster exclusive is like a slap in the face. Might pick up the blazer though but we'll see.

Looks great and I'll definitely buy one, but really................the gunpod can't attach in fighter mode?

C'mon shame on you Bandai, that's a no-brainer! What is this the 80s'?

Especially since the gunpod does attach to Bandai's mid-1990s 1/65 Fire and Blazer Valks. Granted, it sits so low that the Valks can't be displayed in fighter mode with extended landing gear with it attached, but still... <_<

20100120191515.jpg

Is that the 1/100 VF-25 parts-former? That thing is tiny! O_O

What exactly is the scale of the Hi-Metal VF-19?

Looks pretty good! Love the fact that it's PT, and not a parts-former!

For a moment I thought the VF25G was not the damashi and cried "Wow, Fire Valk in 1/72 scale". Has anyone made a comparison pic with the VF25 1/100 or the 1/60 Yamato to see how big this beauty really is?

For a moment I thought the VF25G was not the damashi and cried "Wow, Fire Valk in 1/72 scale". Has anyone made a comparison pic with the VF25 1/100 or the 1/60 Yamato to see how big this beauty really is?

I guess the original VF-100 line did so poorly in Japan that it's pretty difficult to find a collector who has one :lol:

I'm so tired of seeing Bandai web exclusives and I don't even buy any of them. I'm glad this was never as big of an issue when the MSIA/EMSIA line was still running. I think I'll skip the fire just based on principle because the separate sound booster exclusive is like a slap in the face. Might pick up the blazer though but we'll see.

Heh... the next thing u know, they'll make the super parts for the Blazer web exclusives! :D

Good news that they are going to be doing VF-19F/S (the ones I really want)

and that they are putting real effort on the VF-1.

As for the web exclusives, I don't really care when it comes to extra packs or armor.

What worries me is when the VF-1 rolls out, that certain variants might be exclusive.

e.g. VF-1A DYRL Hikaru mass release, but VF-1S DYRL Hikaru web exlusive...

Edited by lechuck

Looks great. But for me personally i thinks its alittle too expensive for such a small toy.

I have the same feeling with this as i had with Yamato's Destroids, looks awesome but too damn pricy for what you get. So unless this gets on sale i most likely will not get it.

If it came with soundbooster's and snap on landing gear it would be a little more tempting in my opinion.

Got my VF-19 Kai.

- Where are the metals?

- I won't say it's perfect transformation. it's not like VF100, but you need to remove parts from time to time.

- You don't even got fists. You can two open hands, and one for holding the gun.

- Where are the metals? Come on, it's more expensive than a VF100 because it's now Hi Metal! Now I get the same amount of metal from a SHF?

I think overall the toy is nice but I feel cheated because they sell it as "Hi-Metal" and priced as such.

post-10384-1264094911_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094916_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094920_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094923_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094927_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094931_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094934_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094938_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094942_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094947_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094951_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094954_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094958_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094995_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264094999_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264095003_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264095008_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264095024_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264095028_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264095032_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264095036_thumb.jpg

post-10384-1264095040_thumb.jpg

@ff95gj

- Does the valk feel floppy or does it have potential of becoming floppy real fast?

- What about the chest, does it tuck in snugly and lock properly?

- How is hip articulation/range of motion?

- Is transformation easier than 1/60 YF-19? Specifically does it make the step where you split the cockpit to slide down easier?

I know that the lack of landing gear seems to be odd, but for the life of me I can't remember the Fire Valk using landing gear in the show...It has been a while though...

Lets hope they get the bugs worked out before trying the VF-1....

From the pics I've seen, it looks like it uses almost the exact same transformation as the 1/60 YF-19, except maybe without the sliding back joint. The nose still has the same type of mechanism to make it shorter.

I'm not so disappointed to hear about the amount of metal as I am that Bandai used the name as an excuse to gouge the fans.

I can't see any reason this should cost so much. Is the Macross license that expensive? It's in the same size range as a mid-sized transformer figure (about 7 inches long in fighter), yet it costs around 7x as much. And it doesn't even launch any missiles! :p

I dunno. I guess you could apply this reasoning to all the Yamato valks as well with regards to pricing. I just hope Bandai gets it together before the VF-1. If they charge this type of price for a 5 inch valk... oy.

Edited by Chronocidal

I dunno. I guess you could apply this reasoning to all the Yamato valks as well with regards to pricing.

VF-19 1/100 at $60

YF-19 1/60 at $200

The fire valk doesn't really seem disproportionately expensive when compared to it's bretheren.

VF-19 1/100 at $60

YF-19 1/60 at $200

The fire valk doesn't really seem disproportionately expensive when compared to it's bretheren.

Or even better,

F-22 1/1 at $143,000,000

... and those don't come with any optional hands at all, though they did think to fit them with integrated landing gear.

Or even better,

F-22 1/1 at $143,000,000

... and those don't come with any optional hands at all, though they did think to fit them with integrated landing gear.

It might have landing gear and lots of metal but it doesn't transform, so one of those will never make it into my collection.

Got my VF-19 Kai.

- Where are the metals?

- I won't say it's perfect transformation. it's not like VF100, but you need to remove parts from time to time.

- You don't even got fists. You can two open hands, and one for holding the gun.

- Where are the metals? Come on, it's more expensive than a VF100 because it's now Hi Metal! Now I get the same amount of metal from a SHF?

I think overall the toy is nice but I feel cheated because they sell it as "Hi-Metal" and priced as such.

that was fast... nice pics... so how much is it there?

any paint issues?

too bad, no fists... esp. if you're getting the sound boosters... :mellow:

- Where are the metals?

Hi Metal, Bye Metal!

LOL!

Graham

Fists? This is Basara's valk. Much like missiles and landing gear, those were almost never used in the show and so aren't really missing. :)

that's some BS reasoning right there and you know it. ;)

The chest locks!! (the main complaint I have for the Yammies)

The QC has no problem (to me).

It has different shades of red.

The metals are in the feet.

2 open hands (the style as show in the pic, left and right) and 1 gun holding right hand.

The joints are not floppy like the VF100.

The transformation is nice and easy. The cockpit is easy to slide.

As for the web exclusives, I don't really care when it comes to extra packs or armor.

What worries me is when the VF-1 rolls out, that certain variants might be exclusive.

e.g. VF-1A DYRL Hikaru mass release, but VF-1S DYRL Hikaru web exlusive...

I don't care about FPs either but the sound booster and speaker shoulders are iconic to the Fire!

I somehow expect if they have exclusive VF-1s they will more than likely be the TV versions with DYRL being the regular releases. Wasn't this the case with revoltechs?

The price seems to be at typical Bandai levels. The GFFN ZII toy which is similar in size at 1/144 scale (5-inches) and metal content costs 7800yen.
I'd have to disagree. Fix figures are arguably 10x if not more detailed than this figure and made of very sturdy plastic. Sure most of the GFs don't transform and the older ones aren't as nice as the news ones but I think it's still a relevant point. Especially since a lot of the releases are actually two models in one.

Lack of closed fists seems unBandai even if they aren't really necessary. I've gotten used to it from MSIA/EMSIA/RD/etc.

Just would like to add that I have the GFF Zeta and it's a POS. It's detailed, but that's all it has going for it. Parts fall off if you look at it the wrong way, and the parts themselves lack the precise molding required for something that transforms. In other words, it's supposed to transform, but can't really because all the parts are so warped and ill-fitting. And it's not even very poseable.

I have a lot of other GFFs besides that, and crisp molding and parts that fit properly are not their forte.

The VF-19 looks to be far and away superior than the GFF line.