Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

As someone who never gets tired of VF-1's, I'm excited about this one. It looks very nice. And I'll enjoy having one in a compact size.

I am glad I am not the only one more interested in the VF-1 than the Fire Valkyrie. ^_^ For the Macross 7 fans, I am glad this seemingly well done thing will be available.

But Gundams... i dont know how any self respecting Macross fan can pose valks or even to a lessor extent Destroids with ... urrh, Gundams....

I assume fight sequences between same scale combatants are OK with you (as long as the Macross variable fighter wins, of course). B))

pc300030gk1.jpg

Of course, I admit to cooperative effort poses, too.

p1010003py.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

But Gundams... i dont know how any self respecting Macross fan can pose valks or even to a lessor extent Destroids with ... urrh, Gundams....

Pose no. Display yes. There's no law saying you have to hate Gundam if you love Macross.

Getting back on target, the blurb on the VF-1 parts mentions intake interior detail parts. Also it seems the gunpod requires swapping of parts.

So, are the speaker shoulders and the sound booster one of those webshop exclusive bullcraps or is there going to be a Basara v2.0?

If Bandai is doing a bundle with the extra goodies, I'm passing on the first release.

I believe it's in the fine print on the user account agreement you accept when joining MW. :lol:

Ah that is so sad that Bandai is going back to the VF-1s for the VF-Hi Metal line. Seriously i'm really bored for VF-1s. They have so many more Valkyries to choose from but why VF-1. Yes yes i know it is popular but seriously how many VF-1s can someone own? I already own just about every variant in the Yamato orginal 1/72ish line. Enough is enough already.

Ok sorry for my rant. =) just really disappointed that's all. I've been wanting a VF-4 for ages.

I am confused, Bandai apparently makes two different versions of 1/100 scale VF-25’s.

What is the difference between the these two

- “Bandai VF-100 line of Macross Valkyires” VF-25G Super Messiah Valkyire used by Micheal

- “Bandai Macross Frontier - Robot Damashii” VF-25G Super Messiah Valkyire used by Micheal

I am trying to make a decision on which 1/100 scale VF-25’s to buy any info would be appreciated.

Edited by rdenham

I am confused, Bandai apparently makes two different versions of 1/100 scale VF-25’s.

What is the difference between the these two

- “Bandai VF-100 line of Macross Valkyires” VF-25G Super Messiah Valkyire used by Micheal

- “Bandai Macross Frontier - Robot Damashii” VF-25G Super Messiah Valkyire used by Micheal

I am trying to make a decision on which 1/100 scale VF-25’s to buy any info would be appreciated.

I believe the former is actually transformable whereas the latter is not. I did a fair bit of research b/c I was facing the same dilemma awhile back now when I couldn't decide which of the VF-25Fs to buy between the two lines. I settled for the Robot Damashii b/c of superior articulation, balance and durability. The VF-100 is a bit of a partsformer and I'd prefer to stick to the DX if I really wanted something transformable. I'm a bit anti-parts though which is another reason I avoided the VF-100. Ultimately depends on what you're looking for though. I love the VF-25s and their robot look and I'm satisfied with my DX so I don't need a partsformer transformer.

The good thing with VF100 in comparison to Robot Damashii is that they are way more detailed. I was once decided on getting the RD's until I saw the lack of detail in online reviews. But then again the VF100 VF-25 has a mess of parts to deal with so yes the DX fits best. Probably the reason why we don't see any upcoming VF100's that have tons of parts to form.

Robot Damashii is non-transformable, like Yamato's GNU Mac+ series. They're not really to any scale either, I believe they're slightly smaller than a 1/100 scale toy.

Yes, by a couple of centimeters.

• 2 weeks later...

The box size is definitely a sign that this is a complete transformable toy, the old VF100 thick box size is because it houses the extra parts to transform the toy. I just bought SHCM-Pro Unicorn Gundam, and the box size is definitely bigger than the fire valk's, but it's also a partsformer, and the extra space is to house the extra parts.

Gonna be a tough decision... Purchase this and let go my Gundam collection or stick to the latter. I have a baby coming in and I have to kill my otaku room to make way for a baby room. I only have so much space to keep what I want (namely it's my home work table :lol: )

When will this Firevalk by released ?

And whats up with the soundbooster extras, are those coming later ?

Next weekend according to amazon, almost a year after it was announced at the launch event. I wonder how long it'll take for the vf-1.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/014234/02.html

Nice other series of pics there... (may already have been posted! - sorry if so is the case)

Those are not new, but these are:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mnews/014339/

I'm really looking forward to this VF but, unfortunately, there appears to be a color difference between the plastic and metal parts :(

Edited by GGemini

Is anyone else as hung up as I am about the fact that this thing DOESN'T HAVE F*CKING LANDING GEAR?!?!

I just can't get over how stupid that is (I understand they probably couldn't do folding gears at this size but how hard is it to have a couple pop out panels and plug in wheels?!? they already have swappable pieces for the legs. <_< )