Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

If it does not fall apart easily like the 1/100 VF-25 and requires less part swapping, I think the price can be justified, especially since there is currently not other substitute in the market.

I'll rather wait for a Yamato release. If it doesn't come, I can live with it. B)) Never really like the Mouth Valk.

In the pic from HJ, it says that the facemask ("face shutter") is removeable/replaceable, can't make out the rest of the kanji clearly, but it's a good option for those who like their valks mouthless.

Having seen th Fire Valk up close earlier this month at C3, I think 7000 yen is reasonable for it. Size wise, it compares well to the Yamato's VF-1. I think all that remains is to see more shots of the fire valk in fighter mode, since Battroid seems to be done pretty well.

Another plus (or minus, depending on how you see it) is the glossy coating on the fire valk. It does make it stand out, but could be potentially prone to scratches.

In the pic from HJ, it says that the facemask ("face shutter") is removeable/replaceable, can't make out the rest of the kanji clearly, but it's a good option for those who like their valks mouthless.

Having seen th Fire Valk up close earlier this month at C3, I think 7000 yen is reasonable for it. Size wise, it compares well to the Yamato's VF-1. I think all that remains is to see more shots of the fire valk in fighter mode, since Battroid seems to be done pretty well.

Another plus (or minus, depending on how you see it) is the glossy coating on the fire valk. It does make it stand out, but could be potentially prone to scratches.

I am just curious; the size is comparable to the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 you mean? Cuz I think the size of a VF-19 is around the size of a VF-25; and I thought VF100 means 1/100 (and it's approximately so for the VF100 VF-25s).

If the size is close to a 1/60 VF-1, then it's a decent deal. ^_^

Thanks anime52k8 for clarifying my comment to lechuck. B))

The head and the hands need to be swapped/removed, though.

At 1/100 scale I can live with the hands needing to be removed rather than stored in the arms. And I've always felt the head was in the realm of anime magic as far as fighter mode goes. It just doesn't seem like there is enough room to store it internally unless you give it a tiny out of proportion pinhead or make the whole thing too wide, like the old bandai fire valk.

?

Macross the First. I haven't looked at it much but I gather it's just a subtle stylistic change.

This VF-19 is starting to sound like what this line should have been all along (with the possible exception of the price tag). Many Macross fans have the "I don't care what it costs, give me the best thing ever or give me nothing at all" mentality. I'm at that point in my collection where I don't need the most expensive toy ever made in the biggest scale; I'd like some cheap stuff in smaller scales that is still fun to handle. Bandai got an epic fail in the "fun to handle" portion of the VF-25. Unfortunately it seems like they're on the brink of losing the price benefit for the small scale with the newest MSRP news. I really think $40 is the pricing sweet spot for small scale toys... $70 is pretty pricey.

Macross the First. I haven't looked at it much but I gather it's just a subtle stylistic change.

This VF-19 is starting to sound like what this line should have been all along (with the possible exception of the price tag). Many Macross fans have the "I don't care what it costs, give me the best thing ever or give me nothing at all" mentality. I'm at that point in my collection where I don't need the most expensive toy ever made in the biggest scale; I'd like some cheap stuff in smaller scales that is still fun to handle. Bandai got an epic fail in the "fun to handle" portion of the VF-25. Unfortunately it seems like they're on the brink of losing the price benefit for the small scale with the newest MSRP news. I really think $40 is the pricing sweet spot for small scale toys... $70 is pretty pricey.

I agree. If it's tiny, I want to play with it and mess with it. $70 makes me cautious and I'd worry about breaking something. $30-40 and I feel like I can safely manipulate it to my hearts content.

I agree. If it's tiny, I want to play with it and mess with it. $70 makes me cautious and I'd worry about breaking something. $30-40 and I feel like I can safely manipulate it to my hearts content.

At $70, it should be close to what the GFF Next Generation MSZ-008 ZII (http://hlj.com/product/BAN955903) offers. At least that's what I would expect.

The GFF NG ZII got good reviews for the product itself. Definitely overpriced though.

I shot my guess in another thread... But the left hand told me that it's a DX. VF100 doesn't carry an open hand like that (but the DX does).

The hip definitely is not that of a 1/72 model kit.

True, the hip does resemble that of a DX. But it's strange that out of the blue we see a painted VF-27 prototype on display without any previous announcement. Still, I am starting to get excited...

True, the hip does resemble that of a DX. But it's strange that out of the blue we see a painted VF-27 prototype on display without any previous announcement. Still, I am starting to get excited...

Building up for the movie hype probably!

I agree on the hand but I don't think the hips are convincing either way since the VF100 hips were awfully similar to the DX hips for the VF-25 toys (in so far as how they appear). That's a very unglamorous pic of that toy, whatever it is.

Tamashii Nations Press Event coverage here with pics OTAKU2.COM (some good some not so good).

The Fire Valk is under the resurrected HiMetal line it is 1/100, but the actual retail 1/100 line looks to be canceled. Fingers are crossed for a HiMetal VF-2SS........ Takashi you can stop laughing at me.

For all you VF-Girl fans there is a VF-25F Ranka figure coming.

Edited by Save

At $70, it should be close to what the GFF Next Generation MSZ-008 ZII (http://hlj.com/product/BAN955903) offers. At least that's what I would expect.

The GFF NG ZII got good reviews for the product itself. Definitely overpriced though.

I saw that the other day while looking at all the FIX figures that had come out and thought that it was way overpriced for what it is. I just don't see the Fire Valk selling well when it's just as expensive as the big one and will likely be floppier and wear out quicker.

I'm just hoping the YF-19 and YF-21 are around $50 each unless they come with armor and other extras whenever (IF) they get released.

So the VF100 line is dead huh? If the VF-25 was any indication of what we could have expected from future releases, I am anything but sad. Let's hope this new 1/100 Hi Metal line ends up being what we all hoped the VF100 line would be.

Yeah it seems they re-branded it. I guess they hear enough complains about part-forming and high price for an all plastic figure.

Base on this VF-19 Kai product listing here:

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4543112584588

It appears to say it will have perfect transformation, no part switching, and die-cast metal used in transformation parts that need strength and ankle block. Face have replacement part for "face guard open".

But I think it will not have landing gear. The latest photos don't have any seam lines on the legs for them.

I can't surf toys daily but if it comes with a little stand I don't mind it not having landing gears so much. They were in a no win situation anyway. If they made it have landing gears you could plug in then people would have sniveled about how the landing gears weren't integrated. If they integrated the landing gears they would have looked hideous and small and people would have complained about that.