Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

If I came upon one of these metallic finish versions in a toy store, I'd probably buy it, if it wasn't any more expensive than a regular version.

The idea of a fixed fighter mode actually appeals to me for zooming around the house. No need to worry about floppy or misaligned parts or bits fallling off all the time.

Not going to actively hunt one down though, but if one does cross my path for a reasonable price, well..............

Graham

If I came upon one of these metallic finish versions in a toy store, I'd probably buy it, if it wasn't any more expensive than a regular version.

The idea of a fixed fighter mode actually appeals to me for zooming around the house. No need to worry about floppy or misaligned parts or bits fallling off all the time.

Not going to actively hunt one down though, but if one does cross my path for a reasonable price, well..............

Graham

I have the exact thought!

It's nice, but not something I would hunt or pay a hefty amount for.

Are you sure these are glue-fixed in fighter mode? The nacelles on the VF-25S exhibit the same problem my unglued VF-25G has, namely that one nacelle sits snuggly between the back plate while the second one is pushed out by the arms and sits under the backplate.

If they glued these things together they should both be between the nacelles as in the (cg?) promo pictures.

Are you talking about this picture?

photo_09.jpg

:wacko:

But, if they are 3ModeTransformation, where are Battroid & Gerwalk promo pics???

Non-transformable special paint limited editions.

I contacted one of the toyblog owners who was willing to pick them up for his readers but he wanted almost double the retail price + shipping!!

I'm a collector, and they are truly purdy, but I can't justify spending 15000 Yen on both + undisclosed shipping, so I had to decline... <_<

Particularly because I want to pick up another VF-25G and paint it into a cannon fodder VF-25A(?)...

I also want to find a good decal maker to print off some resized deculture decals so I can get a couple more to do customs...

Edited by Zinjo

So, is the VF-25F Armored worth it or should I wait for a sale?

The armors are pretty popular so a sale may not come for them. It's worth the cash. Just shop around for the best price, including shipping.

...almost double the retail price + shipping!!

well, that's why i hate these exclusives... the store gets these metallic VF100s for 4k Yen w/out their usual distributor/wholesale discount (w/c is commonly 50%), as a result they mark them up by ~100%... <_<

well, that's why i hate these exclusives... the store gets these metallic VF100s for 4k Yen w/out their usual distributor/wholesale discount (w/c is commonly 50%), as a result they mark them up by ~100%... <_<

Wow!

Talk about sabotaging your own distribution chain.... :blink:

Small snapshot of the new HobbyJapan showing a VF-25 Variant (first of many, I'm sure.....it is Bandai y'know...) coming in November.

Can we get a translation on what Version it is? You can also see something printed under the forward canopy....

vf100_6_VF25variantHJ10.jpg

You can also see what appears to be the foot of the -19Kai, so I'm looking forward to the full scans....

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Small snapshot of the new HobbyJapan showing a VF-25 Variant (first of many, I'm sure.....it is Bandai y'know...) coming in November.

Can we get a translation on what Version it is? You can also see something printed under the forward canopy....

vf100_6_VF25variantHJ10.jpg

You can also see what appears to be the foot of the -19Kai, so I'm looking forward to the full scans....

Looks like a Family Mart (a chain of convenience stores) exclusive. The colors are Family Mart colors. I guess Family Mart wanted their own VF-25s. :lol:

The typical looking Family Mart store in Tokyo.

FamilyMart_Daytime.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

Looks like a Family Mart (a chain of convenience stores) exclusive. The colors are Family Mart colors. I guess Family Mart wanted their own VF-25s. :lol:

The typical looking Family Mart store in Tokyo.

WoW!

YOu are totally correct about that. Look at the Family Mart logo on the leg of the valk!

I want a 7-11 variant! Then a Taco-bell version, then a golden arches one. Oh the possibilities are endless!

Edited by miriya

WoW!

YOu are totally correct about that. Look at the Family Mart logo on the leg of the valk!

I want a 7-11 variant! Then a Taco-bell version, then a golden arches one. Oh the possibilities are endless!

isn't the VF-19kai close enough to a McDonald's Valk already? ^_^

WoW!

Man, you gotta be kidding me.......but thanks for the info.

That Kai looks pretty good. Looks like it's still missing some details though. The wings are also larger and further out than I thought they'd be... Doesn't the Kai have its wingspan reduced relative to the yf-19?

Is that parts picture showing the partsforming pieces that fill in the carved thighs and the lower leg slot (that the arms take up in fighter mode)?

That Kai looks pretty good. Looks like it's still missing some details though. The wings are also larger and further out than I thought they'd be... Doesn't the Kai have its wingspan reduced relative to the yf-19?

I was always under the impression that the Kai had almost identical wings to the YF-19. The VF-19 models optimized for space combat had the clipped wing design, the big ankle rings, and no canards. The Kai essentially is a cross between the YF-19 and the later VF-19 models, taking the same body style, and adding back in the large forward swept wings and canards.

Strangest thing to me is that the shoulders seem a bit huge in fighter mode. Probably a compromise for a better battroid, but it kinda sticks out. I'd like to see a closeup of the head mechanism too.

Otherwise, the fighter looks awesome.. better than the Yamato 1/60 even. Funny.. looks like they even managed to avoid the gullet. :rolleyes: Probably since it doesn't have retracting gear, but still...

I'd love to see what would happen if Yamato and Bandai teamed up.

Edited by Chronocidal

Still no release date seen.

No confirmation if it is a standard or limited/exclusive release either.

Nothing suggests that it would be an exclusive. Exclusives are usually optional parts or variations on the standard release.

Besides it says this will be the 2nd VF100s release.

One new info is presented in the blurb. It says diecast metal will be used for one area. Doesn't say where but I think the use of metal would certainly improve this line.

I was always under the impression that the Kai had almost identical wings to the YF-19. The VF-19 models optimized for space combat had the clipped wing design, the big ankle rings, and no canards. The Kai essentially is a cross between the YF-19 and the later VF-19 models, taking the same body style, and adding back in the large forward swept wings and canards.

Strangest thing to me is that the shoulders seem a bit huge in fighter mode. Probably a compromise for a better battroid, but it kinda sticks out. I'd like to see a closeup of the head mechanism too.

Otherwise, the fighter looks awesome.. better than the Yamato 1/60 even. Funny.. looks like they even managed to avoid the gullet. :rolleyes: Probably since it doesn't have retracting gear, but still...

I'd love to see what would happen if Yamato and Bandai teamed up.

but still what? It doesn't have landing gear so it doesn't have a gullet. It was the same decision that yamato had to make, make a partsformer that looks good or perfect transformation with compromises?

Hey, is it me, or does the VF100's VF-19 look like it can transform without parts removal? All I see removable are those 2 leg panels above the ankle from behind, looks like you don't necessarily have to remove the hands to transform into fighter mode.

Yeah, it looks like the hands would just hang off the back if you left them on, which wouldn't bother me as much as having to remove them.

This thing is really calling out to me now. It's not my favorite color-scheme for a 19, but it'll do.

Kinda surprised HLJ doesn't have it up for preorder yet...