Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

I would like to see this, too. But I think most likely somebody just misread 決定版 (definitive edition)as 限定版 (limited edition), on the scan of that Figure Oh article.

If it does end up being limited I am going to be so furious...

ANyone know when the VF-19kai is coming out? They got to speed up these releases for the VF100s line or it'll fizzle out. Or rather my wallet is going to get drained in other ways before i buy the VF100s. I just received my VF-25F Armoured yesterday. It looks great in box but I've yet to open it.

Come on Bandai, bring on the other VFs already.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my VF-25G from HLJ. Is it normal that the head laser pops off at the slightest touch in battroid mode?

I do like the included Gallia speaker wings though.

Yeah, the head laser pops off too easily.

I don't know why but I had the hardest time putting Mikhail's 25 into fighter mode. It was a breeze with Ozma. :wacko:

I bought alto's, ozma's and michael's valkyries, i'm really disapointed in them, they are very fiddly, too many peices and they have a tendency to do the splits.

post-4651-1250610281_thumb.jpg

Huh. So it's like... As expensive as a non-transforming GNU... Doesn't transform like the GNU.... but is made of PVC and not quite as sharp and detailed as a GNU. >_> Someone wasn't thinking straight.

Huh. So it's like... As expensive as a non-transforming GNU... Doesn't transform like the GNU.... but is made of PVC and not quite as sharp and detailed as a GNU. >_> Someone wasn't thinking straight.

Uh what? The GNU doesn't transform. The VF100 does transform but it's parts-forming. the VF100 is not made of PVC. It's made of mainly ABS plastic. Some of the option parts such as the rifle is made of PVC though.

It's quite sharp and decently detailed. Accuracy is slightly off though - such as the hip location and the size of Mikhail's rifle.

Over priced for sure. But then I think every Macross toy out there is over-priced. I deal with it.

Edited by Vifam7

Wait. What. No. It makes sense, although 'as expensive as a non-transforming GNU' is slightly misleading, leading one to believe that GNU's do transform... But that's not what i meant at all.

It's as expensive as a GNU, another non-transforming toy. And this fighter VF100 doesn't transform, LIKE the GNU.

And no, the fighter VF100 is the one I'm talking about. It's no longer a partsformer. It doesn't transform at all.

And yes, it is ABS, but there is a significant presence of PVC, which is not the case with the GNUs, which is virtually all ABS.

Edited by Cent

Oi. I'm not talking about the VF100. I'm talking about the fighter only VF100 version above. Which is still 4000 yen.

That's an event exclusive special. Likely that none of us will ever get one. :(

Fighter mode only is actually something I'd like to get a hold of. Rather have it done right at the factory than me super-gluing the legs into correct position.

As for PVC, the only part that was made of it in my Alto and Ozma VF25s was the rifle. Dunno about the Armored version VF-25 as I don't have that yet.

I recently tried to transform the Ozma I got from the HLJ sale from battroid to fighter, but I rage quit half way through the process. I was afraid i was gonna snap the ball joints off the shoulders while trying to pull those damn arms off. Also, I almost completely broke off the peg on one of the fighter head lasers. I think I'll just leave it in battroid mode forever (which looks pretty good).

I think I had more fun with those cheapo Banpresto VF-1 valks, despite the arms-falling-off issue :lol:

Edited by Mellow Yellow

I recently tried to transform the Ozma I got from the HLJ sale from battroid to fighter, but I rage quit half way through the process. I was afraid i was gonna snap the ball joints off the shoulders while trying to pull those damn arms off. Also, I almost completely broke off the peg on one of the fighter head lasers. I think I'll just leave it in battroid mode forever (which looks pretty good).

I think I had more fun with those cheapo Banpresto VF-1 valks, despite the arms-falling-off issue :lol:

funniest video review of a bandai vf 1/100 eva

I laughed so hard snot came out of my nose

GOD bless Josh !

Is it confirmed that those metallic VF100s VF-25 are non-transforming?

First I've heard of it.

Graham

I remember reading from this board that it's non-transformable...

And also it's written on the box if I have not mistaken the words (because they are so small in the pic). :mellow:

Says on the box "Fighter Special", cannot read the Kanji, too low res...

But the size, thickness and presentation of the box suggests it actually is non-transforming, only a fighter mode model with a fancy stand.

Says on the box "Fighter Special", cannot read the Kanji, too low res...

But the size, thickness and presentation of the box suggests it actually is non-transforming, only a fighter mode model with a fancy stand.

Question is, why just a fighter only model. It's a) extremely cheap of them and b) just weird as to why they didn't include the extra pieces.

So, basically, transformation was dropped in favour of MORE BLOODY MOE.

Yer really pushing it Bandai! ^_^

Question is, why just a fighter only model. It's a) extremely cheap of them and b) just weird as to why they didn't include the extra pieces.

is this confirmed/written on the box?

LOL!!! :lol:

imo you're not really buying a VF100 valk, instead you're paying out of your a$$ for the metallic paint/finish, the stands and for the exclusivity... :blink:

EDIT -

BTW, couldn't they have at least fit the word "the" to "Songstress of Galaxy"... and i'm not sure about this but "Super Dimensional Cinderella" sounds better to me than "Super Dimension Cinderella"... :wacko:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Yer really pushing it Bandai! ^_^

I'm guessing it's a fighter only model due to the fact that it has the metallic coating. Any attempt to transform it probably would've meant the metallic coating coming off or getting scratched. Anyone who has dealt with metallic coating Gunpla or the old Arii Metalize 1/100 Macross kits know what I mean.

And yes, I can confirm that it says fighter mode only on the box.

BTW, couldn't they have at least fit the word "the" to "Songstress of Galaxy".

They have a real problem with the definite article over here, "Pirates OF Caribbean" for example. God knows how they would market a band like "THE THE".

As for the metallic finish possibly being scratched durning transformation, they could at least give use the option of whether we want to risk it.

Edited by Alex

is this confirmed/written on the box?

LOL!!! :lol:

imo you're not really buying a VF100 valk, instead you're paying out of your a$$ for the metallic paint/finish, the stands and for the exclusivity... :blink:

EDIT -

BTW, couldn't they have at least fit the word "the" to "Songstress of Galaxy"... and i'm not sure about this but "Super Dimensional Cinderella" sounds better to me than "Super Dimension Cinderella"... :wacko:

Doesn't it actually make sense though since Sheryl is originally from Macross Galaxy? Hence, "Songstress of Galaxy" :lol:

Edited by Mellow Yellow