Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

new hobby japan

bandai vf100's vf-25g & bandai armorplus alto

154dbw2.jpg

Now even the wings are swappable. That's right, if you want the speaker pods, that's a whole separate wing.

I suppose that's a good thing as it means I won't have to fiddle around and potentially break the wing or attachment point while trying to put those speaker pods on (esp at this scale size).

I'm loving the fact that it can be displayed in fighter mode with the sniper rifle attached! Looks like the VF100s series will be displayed in fighter mode for me! (Like Vifam7 :p)

I wish they moulded in a pilot figure though, even if it is just a featureless blob like the DX toy.

Edited by edwin3060

is this release available in Hong Kong already? if positive, how much are they asking for the extra wings and is the sniper rifle a substitution of the gunpod or an addition?

one last question, has anybody got that stand? I'd like to display my fighters inflight...is there an alternative?

is this release available in Hong Kong already? if positive, how much are they asking for the extra wings and is the sniper rifle a substitution of the gunpod or an addition?

It should be available anyday now.

MSRP is 5670yen. About 600yen more than the plain Alto vers. I would imagine it'll be available for a lot cheaper price in HK.

Unknown as to whether the standard gunpod would be included in addition to the sniper rifle.

one last question, has anybody got that stand? I'd like to display my fighters inflight...is there an alternative?

I don't have that stand. I think the best alternative (and I think better product to use) is the standard Bandai action base stand used for Gunplas.

Well, was given the VF-25F as a gift yesterday.

:angry: But I'm totally disappointed. Elbow hinge already broken before I even removed it out of the box. The whole thing is floppy. Can't stand. Plastic is fragile, and the paint job is too dodge. Didn't bother transforming it to avoid further frustration.

I'm now convinced that Bandai has different departments at different quality levels. And also that the toy department is situated thousands of miles away from the model department, and don't even know of each others' existence.

Was it so damn difficult to use the Cad model of the plastic kit, scale it down and use reinforced metal hinges? <_<

I've got various Gundam's from the FF line, and this VF looks like a bootleg compared to them.

Really, really disappointed.

I'll stick to Yamato and Kaiyodo for Valks.

I won't argue with the floppiness. Or the paint job. It was the face paint that shunned me from getting it for occasions (until I come by a cheap and relatively clean one).

I don't agree that Bandai toy departments. As Graham mentioned before, it is obvious that they copied from the DX department.

> Was it so damn difficult to use the Cad model of the plastic kit, scale it down and use reinforced metal hinges?

I really want that to happen! But they don't even care to do that for the DX, much less the VF100.

With all the negative things... I still kind of like it. I think the 25S is better in a few areas, that helps the VF100 to grow on me. Better face script, the grey color makes it look slimmer, etc.

Its kinda sad when I read some people reviews of this 1/100 series, I really thought Bandai would do a better job. On the Collection DX review of these toys, the reviewer actually hints that the Toynami 1/100 is a far better functional design.

Come on Bandai get your $hit together and come up with a better toy design!! Cause I want to see the VF-171, VF-4 & VF-2SS.

Its kinda sad when I read some people reviews of this 1/100 series, I really thought Bandai would do a better job. On the Collection DX review of these toys, the reviewer actually hints that the Toynami 1/100 is a far better functional design.

As a transformer, the Toynami is obviously functionally better for it is PT. However, the Toynami 1/100 is a chunky ugly looking pig (esp in fighter mode) compared to the Bandai VF100. It has more issues than the VF100 toy IMHO.

Come on Bandai get your $hit together and come up with a better toy design!! Cause I want to see the VF-171, VF-4 & VF-2SS.

A few more locking pegs and less partsforming would've helped the VF100s VF-25 toy. But it's the first in the line and a rather complex Valk at that, so I'll be patient and see how they improve as the line goes on. My Ozma is less floppy than my Alto so I have hope.

Edited by Vifam7

A few more locking pegs and less partsforming would've helped the VF100s VF-25 toy. But it's the first in the line and a rather complex Valk at that, so I'll be patient and see how they improve as the line goes on. My Ozma is less floppy than my Alto so I have hope.

I agree with you on the patience part, everytime one toy comes out with issues or complaints, Yamato and Bandai are pretty damn good and fixing the problem. And I am hoping as well that later versions will have less parts to swap out and improved quality!!

I just some pics of the Toynami 1/100 in Fighter mode.... Yuck!!

Spoke to my regular toy dealer today & he said the VF-25G should be out next week.

I think it's already out in Japan...

The time is not when it would be on the shelf, but how long it would take to drop to my target price level...

P.S. VF-25S is now as cheap as US$28 (HK$218) now!

I think it's already out in Japan...

The time is not when it would be on the shelf, but how long it would take to drop to my target price level...

P.S. VF-25S is now as cheap as US$28 (HK$218) now!

Crap! I can never wait until the prices drop...

Will have to be patient and wait then. I am not sure if there will eventually be a RVF, without it, I am not sure I still want to get the G in this series. Prefer the kits anyday, only I never had the chance to build them yet!

I dont know for sure, but I cant remember the buttstock being so far back when mounted in fighter mode either.

On top of that, it seems that the gun is missing those pinkish markings along the side. Thats okay, cause I think the pink is a terrible choice of color anyway. Also... those legs dont look like they're anywhere close to locking with the main body in fighter mode; they just hang way too low. Its like having giant valleys in your plane =/.

Even though the VF100 series doesnt have DX shopping cart wheels, the rifle is still sagging on the ground. From the picture, it doesn't look like its a height problem - there is enough clearance due to the longer landing gears, but the mounting of the gun is just insecure. =/. Why can they never get the VF-25G right? I shudder to think what will happen with the VF-27, which requires the landing gears to go through the gun.

Actually, you know what. If the legs are locked into position correctly, the rifle will have EVEN LESS clearance than it does currently. Since there's basically no space between it and the ground already, would that mean a correctly-locked fighter mode will cause the rifle to prop up the landing gears?

Edited by Cent

I dont know for sure, but I cant remember the buttstock being so far back when mounted in fighter mode either.

On top of that, it seems that the gun is missing those pinkish markings along the side. Thats okay, cause I think the pink is a terrible choice of color anyway. Also... those legs dont look like they're anywhere close to locking with the main body in fighter mode; they just hang way too low. Its like having giant valleys in your plane =/.

Even though the VF100 series doesnt have DX shopping cart wheels, the rifle is still sagging on the ground. From the picture, it doesn't look like its a height problem - there is enough clearance due to the longer landing gears, but the mounting of the gun is just insecure. =/. Why can they never get the VF-25G right? I shudder to think what will happen with the VF-27, which requires the landing gears to go through the gun. 

Maybe the photographer didn't attach it correctly?

Otherwise, perhaps the barrel of the sniper rifle is just too long to firmly attach at the arm location? Center of gravity issue I think. The only way to fix this would probably be to attach it at a different location or provide a secondary attachment device. But then it wouldn't be anime accurate. :p Since I lock mines into fighter mode, I could probably just glue it so the nose of the gun won't sag down.

Actually, you know what. If the legs are locked into position correctly, the rifle will have EVEN LESS clearance than it does currently. Since there's basically no space between it and the ground already, would that mean a correctly-locked fighter mode will cause the rifle to prop up the landing gears?

Actually I don't think it'll affect the ground clearance when the lower legs are put into correct position. At least not when I do my mod of locking it into fighter mode. Rather than bringing the legs up, it's more like bringing the trailing wing glove a bit lower. The gun attachment section isn't affected by this so ground clearance shouldn't be a problem I think.

I'll know soon enough when HLJ ships my order. :p

Edited by Vifam7

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I understand Vifam. If the legs are raised relative to the body, doesn't that raise the landing gears and thus decrease the clearance between the locked arms and the ground? I guess we'll find out when you mod yours and take a few pictures.

Who else thinks that the expanded sniper gunpod and the collapsed fightermode gunpod will be separate pieces like in the VF-25F?

Who also shudders at the amount of banana-bending that will occur with all those PVC sniper tines? XD

Crap! I can never wait until the prices drop...

Will have to be patient and wait then. I am not sure if there will eventually be a RVF, without it, I am not sure I still want to get the G in this series. Prefer the kits anyday, only I never had the chance to build them yet!

Think I've heard somewhere on MW that the RVF was announced.

Me too, I need a squad.

I don't like the VF-25 in battroid mode, one of the ugliest designs from Kawamori

I like the VF-25 Battroid mode, but it doesn't look particularily Macross. The fighter mode however, is absolutely attrocious. Obviously an attempt to show a kind of evolution from the VF-19 design but the canopy and nose section far too bulbous and long and just ugly and not sleek (as I would prefer) at all.

Saw the G today, really big box compared to the F and the S. The toy itself is the same basic model, with the extra wings with speakers, and that huge sniper rifle just as tall as the VF! The gun "opens" much easier than the DX, you unpluck the fore part of the "closed" rifle, snap in the "open" replacement and you're good to go.

The rifle is really far too big to be 1/100, lowest price in town was HK$310...I was tempted, but given the prce drops for the previous two releases, I think I will wait. Besides...that rifle is freakin' huge! did I say that already?