Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

With all the talk about the heat shield, it is suprising that no one commented about the the issues that plaged the first releases. One of which is the tail fins........no one brought up the tail fins..... <_<

With all the talk about the heat shield, it is suprising that no one commented about the the issues that plaged the first releases. One of which is the tail fins........no one brought up the tail fins..... <_<

Eh, there will always be someone to find something to nag about, regardless how minuscule it is.

Just be glad the tail fins didn’t turn out like those mini, blocky, almost non existent, rectangular… “things”... which point directly downwards on the VF-25 DX.

Edited by OmegaD3k

As requested, some photos of fighter mode with the intake covers removed, taken this morning at 8.50am from my balcony.

Gotta say the VF-11B has always been my favorite Valk from Macross Plus and in terms of features and design equals or even surpasses Yamato's YF-21.

Graham

post-11-1241225550_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241225595_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241225621_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241225694_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241225734_thumb.jpg

indeed they do. just making sure. i simply found it odd that in all of the pics we seen and discussion that's happened i have never seen an image that shows the intakes removed. if i missed something, sorry

Maybe some don't takes the intake covers off because of those ugly fanblade detail? [shrug]

I particularly wish Yamato would do away with them. It's really dumb looking and unrealistic. It's really the only detail that I don't like with Yamato Valks.

I don't think we've seen a Gerwalk mode photo yet. I'd also like to see a bottom-up photo with landing gears extended.

VF-11 looks good.

Edited by Vifam7

Maybe some don't takes the intake covers off because of those ugly fanblade detail? [shrug]

I particularly wish Yamato would do away with them. It's really dumb looking and unrealistic. It's really the only detail that I don't like with Yamato Valks.

yep, me too. i keep all the intake covers on coz i'm turned off by the fanblade's shallow and unrealistic look.

Well, it took a lot of fiddling but I finally got my heat-shield to lock WITHOUT the foam. I think the problem was that I was too afraid to pull the heat-shield into it's full extended position as mine was actually a little too tight. Didn't realise that it could extend more than it was. Guess my last few yamato purchases have made me a little nervous about pushing things too far.

woohoo! order shipped! Big thanks to over-drive!

+1 for me too :)

I have no idea what config to display mine in. Battroid + FP's, Fighter or fighter + FP's. Both of my other Macross Plus valks are in fighter mode so perhaps Battroid for something different.

I guess I'll have to hope Yamato start putting out repaints and 11c's to milk the mold and bring the price down for me to justify getting a duplicate.

Here's a few Gerwalk mode pics I just snapped.

Gerwalk mode is very stable, can do a good 'A' stance and has some ingenious sliding covers, to cover gaps that there would otherwise be between the back plates and mid-body section.

Graham

post-11-1241269596_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241269632_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241269668_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241269720_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241269763_thumb.jpg

I know it's been said a billion times before but the tail fins are pathetic. It would look so much better if they were bigger.

Yes I agree. Yamato should have created a way of making the tail fins bigger just as clever as the heatshield mechanism.

That means you didn't pull it out all the way. See Graham's previous posts to see how to fix your problem.

New Toys, gotta act first as questions later, result of excitement... Thanks! It's fine now, still seems just a tadddd bit sensitive though...post-11255-1241276875_thumb.jpg

Yes I agree. Yamato should have created a way of making the tail fins bigger just as clever as the heatshield mechanism.

yeah, the fact that the legs don't have pocket dimensions to store correct size tail fins is just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the VF-11 can hold the YF-21 in Gerwalk mode.
Just don't try it on a ledge....oh man that would suck if it fell.

Graham you're pretty brave when it comes to where you put your planes for photos, I was shocked when I saw the 11 on a flexi stand, on a ledge...literally "WHOA...."

Glad it didn't fall!

This toy is looking better and better, yes the fins look better but would be best if bigger. That was one of the worst things about the original toy from 8+ years ago.

Does the VF-11B Gunpod have a detachable cover & spare magazine as was shown in pre-production pictures, As well in the OVA?

I don't know about the magazine, but the Toysdaily pictures do show the detachable cover on the gunpod.