Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

A tad OT. CollectionDX finally reviews the YF-21.

I /facepalmed on the part where he just placed the gun on the fast pack without really any effort to try to push them in and then complained they wouldn't stay in. I guess he didn't know that you can also attach them without the fast packs as well since they attach the same way with or without. Just kinda weird he caught things like being able to remove the laser on the top but missed stuff like that or being able to lock in the front in battroid mode.

CAD probably lowered the cost of planning and design, and it is probably the multitude of parts that they use that increase the price-- the VF-11 transformation may seem superficially simple, but all the tiny details like the folding wing root to allow the arms to swing out in Gerwalk, the removable cockpit and the heat shield are all innovative features that require small moving parts with very tight tolerances-- all of which contribute to an increase in the cost of the mould.

Of course the economies of scale comes in as well-- Yamato can make at most 1 or 2 variants of the VF-11 (there are rumours of a VF-X2 colour variant) but there are potentially tens of VF-1 variants. Also, when Yamato releases the v2 1/60 VF-1s it is competing with the tonnes of other VF-1s out there, including it's own previous releases. All these factors push down the price of the VF-1 as compared to the VF-11.

I haven't checked this thread for a few days and I'm happy to see that Yamato got the final changes made to the VF-11B with the proper low Vis. UN Spacy insignias, This may be the coolest thing Yamato has made in a while!! B))

post-6180-1236801850_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

A tad OT. CollectionDX finally reviews the YF-21.

to stay out of topic :lol:

wrongly transformed all the way and wrong leg position screwing plate position , no mention of guld being able to be back automaticaly correctly when transform back to fighter... etc etc practice more before reviewing :lol:

he does not do justice to the 21 : ^_^

In my experience, fans tend to claim credit for many things that they themselves did not contribute but love to think they contributed.

Well, can we at least give credit to the fans on Macrossworld for creating the Internet? :unsure:

You're giving MacrossWorld too much credit. The Yamato team most likely already knew about the color differences. They've made the VF-11 8 years ago and it came with the correct stickers, and the red/white ones if you wanted that option.

In my experience, fans tend to claim credit for many things that they themselves did not contribute but love to think they contributed.

Sounds like I'm being accused of BSing here.

Not that I need to prove myself, but In this case, no Yamato didn't remember about the color differences on the VF-11B logo. The mistake already also went unspotted on the GNU VF-11B figure remember.

A member here spotted the error and posted it on MW and I emailed Yamato on Feb 17 to inform them. They then checked and found yes, they were using the wroong color logos.

I do have the Gmail correpsondence to back up my claims also.

Graham

what's is the arrow at the bottom of the first pic pointing to?

I so can't afford to get this, I didn't even want it a month ago, but now I neeeeeed it!

I am so weird. Ever since I know it's small, I want it more, while the price remains the same.

* Resisting on collecting M+ models... Although I have a 25th YF-19, that doesn't count! *

Not that I need to prove myself, but In this case, no Yamato didn't remember about the color differences on the VF-11B logo. The mistake already also went unspotted on the GNU VF-11B figure remember.

A member here spotted the error and posted it on MW and I emailed Yamato on Feb 17 to inform them. They then checked and found yes, they were using the wroong color logos.

Graham

It is so nice to be able to feedback to something we plan to buy!!!

Thanks to Graham for making MWing more worthwhile. Otherwise we would be mere critters.

Graham

nice. +1 MW B))

Graham

Thanks for the clarification, Graham. I wasn't trying to discredit you or MW, I just hadn't read anything official on the matter and thought it was possible people were jumping to conclusions. I promise I'll think of you every time I look at the grey kite logos on the 11b and wish they were red. :p

Man I get more and more excited for this fig. I will soon have an entire shelf on my Detolf dedicated to Mac+ will all the mech that made it memorable in a new amazing scale that doesn't make me so ashamed to show off now unlike the older models. Not that I am ashamed but damn the new figs are amazing.

Every new pic of it makes it even more enticing. Awesome.

Is there still a chance this thing might ship with a stand? The price doesn't make sense if they dont.

It's also not like the stand will cost them much either... the mold is already there.

*if this changed in the last month I've been away, sorry*

Graham

I think some people just really like the theory that Macross Worlders are worthless cretins that can't contribute to anything.

I think some people just really like the theory that Macross Worlders are worthless cretins that can't contribute to anything.

Come on now, statements like that are far from constructive and only lead to fights.

Some people just like to have the facts straight before subscribing to an idea one way or the other. :)

Every new pic of it makes it even more enticing. Awesome.

Is there still a chance this thing might ship with a stand? The price doesn't make sense if they dont.

It's also not like the stand will cost them much either... the mold is already there.

*if this changed in the last month I've been away, sorry*

There is an earlier pic that shows some of the parts that come with the VF-11B that show stand pieces that would fit the standard Yamato stand. I think we are SOL on that one. :mellow:

Some new pics I think... ^_^

Still using the old prototype with the incorrect logo I see ;)

Graham: Nice to see you chime in. I guess I was one of the few who followed this thread all the way from it's inception (and liked the VF-11B) to remember the whole logo mini-saga. :p

Edited by edwin3060

I know to some it's a big fopaux having the orange logo but I kind of like it. I know gray is anime accurate but orange/red matches all the other valks so I can see where they made the mistake and why I would like it. Oh well wish I could afford this right now but I think I just burst my bank buying 2 Vf-1s and Q-Rau.

Edited by logos

I'm not accusing you of anything, I wasn't even replying to you.

Graham

I did not know that and Graham I really wasn't accusing you of BS'ing. The text I was quoting wasn't even yours, it's Edwin3060's and I didn't check to see what posts of yours he was referring to about the logos being pointed out, so to me it looked like a case of "he-said she-said', also you know of how some fans tend to think they either deserve something or like to think that they are the ones responsible for how a company creates a product. So now I know that Yamato now knows the correct colors of the logo and no I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Yeah, trying to hold the thing by the legs with fast packs on always ends in a disaster. Thankfully the fast packs always slipped off before I got it off the ground.

So with two magnets they slip off right when its doing a barrel roll a meter above the hard floor.

Edited by DarkReaper

I know to some it's a big fopaux having the orange logo but I kind of like it. I know gray is anime accurate but orange/red matches all the other valks so I can see where they made the mistake and why I would like it. Oh well wish I could afford this right now but I think I just burst my bank buying 2 Vf-1s and Q-Rau.

Im in the same boat! I just cancelled 2 VF-1's due to extreme lack of funds. This VF-11 looks better all the time (I like that wheel do-hikky that they have there too) - but 300au is just too much!

This VF-11 is my favourite non VF-1 valk so Ill have to get it. To bad it's going to be hit by salestax as its slightly above the free import limit. Would be able to buy at least 2 regular 1/60 VF-1s for that price.

This VF-11 is my favourite non VF-1 valk so Ill have to get it. To bad it's going to be hit by salestax as its slightly above the free import limit. Would be able to buy at least 2 regular 1/60 VF-1s for that price.

yeah, we dutch also have to try and circumvent the customs too...but the VF-11 WILL be mine...probably two. :lol:

guys is ther going to be a stand alone vf11b?????, because i want one without the boosters and fastpacks