MOSPEADA Fix

My mistake. After digging around a bit, I learned that there is apparently no anime version of Gunhed. I assumed there was because the concept lends itself well to anime. I saw the (horrendous) live action movie once and remember thinking to myself "I bet the anime version of this doesn't suck."

[...]

The manga by the author of Silent Möbius is not bad at all, and far better than the movie

Ok, so Gunhed even has a following manga? Where can I find it?

Scour the old comic book stores. It came out in English back in '90 or '91. Three issues, put out by Viz. They colorized it, though. I don't know if that's a deterrent or a draw.

Scour the old comic book stores. It came out in English back in '90 or '91. Three issues, put out by Viz. They colorized it, though. I don't know if that's a deterrent or a draw.

Eh, I'm actually want to get a scanlation of the comic rather an actual copy of it because I have no luck finding any old manga/comic in my local book store, except extreme popular stuffs like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball or Doraemon.

Eh, I'm actually want to get a scanlation of the comic rather an actual copy of it because I have no luck finding any old manga/comic in my local book store, except extreme popular stuffs like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball or Doraemon.

Hmmm...you might be in for a long, long wait, then. Although it could be up somewhere. I haven't seen it around, but then, I haven't looked, either.

Amazon might be your best bet.

Why would you possible pay money to see that?

At least the other garbage was on tv and free.

Its called "Getting out and having a social life with real friends rather than sit at home all day on the computer and watching TV" :p :P

Seriously tho, the problem with going out to see a lot of movies in the cinema means that ultimately you do go to see a lot of crap.

Taksraven

You won't find a scanlation since the the comic books had been readily available for over a decade.

Search Ebay. You could probably get all 3 issues for 10 bucks or less.

It's worth getting IMHO.

Its called "Getting out and having a social life with real friends rather than sit at home all day on the computer and watching TV" :p :P

Seriously tho, the problem with going out to see a lot of movies in the cinema means that ultimately you do go to see a lot of crap.

Taksraven

Hmmm... guess we spend more time drinking than watching movies... but then again, I'm not a healthy person...

Just checked the sites I usually use for online manga or torrents, and I don't see anything for Gunhed.

Gunhed manga was cool or at least it was back in the later 80's from what I remember. Now movie is horrible, basically a bad 90's Godzilla movie without Godzilla being in it.

I'm downloading Venus Wars right now, and will download Votoms and others when I free up some room on my hardrive (these 30+ episode series really take up some space, so for now I'm sticking with OAVs).

Any other motorcycle or rebels fighting aliens who have already succeeded in their conquest shows?

There is a Votoms spin-off called Mellowlink that has a guy riding around on a bike for most of the show, I believe. It is on my "to watch" list, if I ever get round to it.

And I love Yasuhiko Yoshikazu's character designs in Venus Wars (as in everything else), and the art direction. The animation is very good quality. However, I found the movie's pacing kind of boring, and it seemed to drag on endlessly.

There is a Votoms spin-off called Mellowlink that has a guy riding around on a bike for most of the show, I believe. It is on my "to watch" list, if I ever get round to it.

And I love Yasuhiko Yoshikazu's character designs in Venus Wars (as in everything else), and the art direction. The animation is very good quality. However, I found the movie's pacing kind of boring, and it seemed to drag on endlessly.

Never heard of this, but just looked it up on Wikipedia and it sounds like a must watch to me.

It says it is available for download on Bandai's site, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Time to fire up the old Bittorrent.

Thanks for the advice on this one.

Mellowlink is awesome. A 12-part revenge story about a guy who for various reasons (won't spoil it) won't use any ATs himself, but has to kill lots of dudes in ATs. One of those few anime series that takes place in a world with mecha, but doesn't actually focus on mecha (kind of like Patlabor). Worth watching even if you've never seen the original Votoms series!

And yeah, he has a motorcycle.

Mellowlink is awesome. A 12-part revenge story about a guy who for various reasons (won't spoil it) won't use any ATs himself, but has to kill lots of dudes in ATs. One of those few anime series that takes place in a world with mecha, but doesn't actually focus on mecha (kind of like Patlabor). Worth watching even if you've never seen the original Votoms series!

And yeah, he has a motorcycle.

From the description, sounds a little like Rainy Boy from MOSPEADA.

Have to say, I'm really looking forward to this, but, after a full night of downloading... my file is still at 0.0%! Can't wait to see this one, but bittorrent just isn't cooperating.