Someone has Taken an Interest in Macrossworld...

Gubaba

I knew there was a first part of this where they translated one of my Sheryl comments, here it is:

http://www.seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_poll_1

And according to machine translation, you originally said:

Setting aside about voice, I like Sheryl better than RANKA. People are as he is a snob why about her thing. I cannot understand whether it says. She is professional. It got down from the stage about which it does not care in tiredness. It is not going to leave a stage, even if ordered that it seems that it stands on a stage again and stops also later. And she is her outside work again. When it was cute and sex appeal was full, we got to know.

Damn! It's like we have our very own Engrish generator! :p

Well, for starters, you'd probably be getting angry messages from Japanese Grace fanboys for saying that she's "fake"...

Bring 'em on. :p

They actually quoted me. I should have trash-talked all the girls more often in those polls.

And according to machine translation, you originally said:

And here's what he originally said:

Apart from the voice, I've always loved her better than Ranka. I didn't see why people said she was a snob - I saw her as a professional. Didn't mind that she's tired, pushed on even after she fell from the stage, didn't even want to leave the stage when told to do so. And now we see she's kinda cute and flirty (the good kind) outside of work :)

I laughed at my own comment on that Japanese board, since they literally translate my comments, first is when I respond to MisaForever by calling him HaremForever (they actually write it in the board) :lol: .

My second comment is probably about Cathy and her popularity is related with her shower scene :lol:

I laughed at my own comment on that Japanese board, since they literally translate my comments, first is when I respond to MisaForever by calling him HaremForever (they actually write it in the board) :lol: .

My second comment is probably about Cathy and her popularity is related with her shower scene :lol:

That's also where I came up with my idea for retitling the show "Nanase F." I don't think my "Itchy and Scratchy and Poochy"-inspired idea carries the same light irony in Japanese that (I hope) it did in English.

Although I did enjoy the the fact that they had to give me an explanatory note, since all I said originally was "I'm as predictable as always." So they put in a line that says "His profile picture shows Nanase." B))

And here I thought VFTF1 was the MW member most in need of footnotes... :D

Ummm, yeah it is kinda suspiciously familiar isn't it?... <_<

Well we'll know for sure if Bandai contacts Marchycrayola for the hires versions of his colored Valks for larger poster art... B))

No offers yet. But if they do, you'll be the last to know :p:lol:

So, is it just me or is anyone else here wondering if they've opened a discussion about us discussing their site discussing our site? :wacko:

And with that simple, innocuous statement, you have started our discussion about their discussion about us discussing their site discussing our site. ^_^

GYAH!! How did I miss this thread???? :blink::lol: That's awesome!!!! And who's MisaForsaken? :p

He's the guy who had THIS great conversation (courtesy of Nifty Translations):

MisaForever: -- the United States --

I accepted Sheryl's thing at last -- as a character [ being cute, very sexiness, and Sweet ] which is completely different when the series beginning was proud. She was added to my harem.

Morpheus

HaremForever

MisaForever: -- the United States --

isn';t it unavoidable gradually? She is a girl of animation also for someone's being chosen. A lot are. That being right and I are in trouble.

WTF!!!!! I NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT!!! :lol: RL LOL

Well...kinda... :p

I have finally accepted Sheryl as a very cute, sexy, and sweet character who has drastically changed from her stuck-up persona at the beginning of the series. I've added her to the Harem. :D

HaremForever.... :rolleyes:

Hey, I can't help it. There are too many anime girls out there to have just one. :wub: Yes, I'm terrible :p

Well, for starters, you'd probably be getting angry messages from Japanese Grace fanboys for saying that she's "fake"...

Hehehe... I just remembered I posted "U know... Grace technically is not a girl..." in one of those Frontier Girls threads and I just saw it translated into japanese there, lol. :lol:

I'm toast :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Too bad they didn't translate MisaForgotten saying "Klan eats Nanase for breakfast!", only to have d3v ask "What kind of 'eating' are we talking about here?" THAT would've been priceless.

Too bad, that would have been

BOMBAAA!

Edited by d3v

Most people would get a shock if they googled themselves or their online aliases more. Just randomly googled myself and a few others here. My number of mentions is only due to my old Youtube account that had over 400 clips and 2 million total views b4 it was shut down. Dunno what else Gubaba has been up to though.....??

logo.gif

Results 1 - 10 of about 5,340 for eugimon

Results 1 - 10 of about 37,500 for taksraven

Results 1 - 10 of about 93,800 for sketchley.

Results 1 - 10 of about 11,300,000 for Gubaba.

Taksraven

Here's a shocker:

3,850,000 Results for SchizophrenicMC

post-9357-1236384036_thumb.png

Over 9000, man. Over 9000.

On a more related note, That Engrish is worse than my deaf father's... :blink:

Annnnnnd The Winner is......(Drum Roll) SHERYL NOME!!!!!!!!

*cheers*

So yeah now the forums are getting famous in Japan aswell O.O, expect more people talking engrish here verry soon (or atleast when the movie comes out)

• 4 months later...
Check this out:

http://seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_poll_2

It's the last Macrossworld poll on our favorite Frontier girls, and someone actually went to the trouble of translating our comments into Japanese.

Is anybody else a little weirded out by this?

check this out...

http://seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf/jpn-site

It's this thread, translated into Japanese...

I hope I said this:

(便利な翻訳機でこれを翻訳すると、"It is RANKA so that naturally! She is my わいこ in Love Lee most in this Galaxy. It is a super-space-time super idol, and he is a wonderful girl!"

Super-space-time super idol - sounds like something I would write about Ranka :)

Pete

I asked a friend of mine to scope out his site, apparently he monitors the international otaku community and reports back to his japanese readers.

http://mistranslationdialy.blog49.fc2.com/blog-entry-66.html

"Currently, on this blog, I translate forums from abroad and offer it to japanese readers.

It's one-way, basically.

But I'm curious to hear comments about this blog from those abroad, too.

I think mutual communication is important.

I think it'd be fantastic if those from forums abroad can connect with japanese fans through this blog and exchange ideas about otaku culture."

**not my translation but the translation of a friend of mine who does japanese <-> english translation work professionally.