Macross Magazines

yellowlightman

On 12/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, Shawn said:

Is there anything you DON'T have!? :)

Heck yeah....and it's usually things you already have or are also looking for (gulp)!  

Plus the few items I don't reveal for fear of getting shill bid on if they ever do show up....:(

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I would love to go check out @jvmacross' Macross Museum of Collectibles and Memorabilia.

If you are in the Chicago area, let me know....just be prepared to go through many boxes as my museum has been more or less put on an indefinite hiatus...;)

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Yeah...how about the JVMacross Living-Legacy Project? I'll throw it on the main page too!
Grab a camera and start going through boxes.  :)

It's not the pic taking that's the problem...it's organizing/categorizing  it all properly....I've been saying that I will do it now for decades....but acquisition has always been waaaay more fun than anything else that should come afterwards....ugh....maybe after I buy the 4th Macross "The Notebook" will I finally sit down and start accounting for what I actually have.....

We need a cool MacrossWorld Coffee Table book....kinda like that booklet that came withe the DVD set a few years back...but way more comprehensive and tons more photos!

Where's the Dream Projects you'll never get to thread!

I say just strap a 4k go-pro on your forehead, and start going through boxes
grab box, go through it, rinse and repeat
would be a great way to self-inventory and archive in time

Imagine you had a video like that from 1985 going through all the cool stuff, it would be an instant classic
And if you don't do it, your are punishing the children of the future. So selfish.  😛

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It's not the pic taking that's the problem...it's organizing/categorizing  it all properly....I've been saying that I will do it now for decades....but acquisition has always been waaaay more fun than anything else that should come afterwards....ugh....maybe after I buy the 4th Macross "The Notebook" will I finally sit down and start accounting for what I actually have.....

That's completely understandable.  However, are you keeping a list of what you have (for personal use)?  Just to keep from buying doubles, etc.  (← speaking from personal experience, when life started getting too busy... :crazy: )

42 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I say just strap a 4k go-pro on your forehead, and start going through boxes
grab box, go through it, rinse and repeat
would be a great way to self-inventory and archive in time

Imagine you had a video like that from 1985 going through all the cool stuff, it would be an instant classic
And if you don't do it, your are punishing the children of the future. So selfish.  😛

21 minutes ago, sketchley said:

That's completely understandable.  However, are you keeping a list of what you have (for personal use)?  Just to keep from buying doubles, etc.  (← speaking from personal experience, when life started getting too busy... :crazy: )

no list...just memory, which gets worse every year...:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/14/2022 at 12:54 PM, jvmacross said:

Heck yeah....and it's usually things you already have or are also looking for (gulp)!  

Plus the few items I don't reveal for fear of getting shill bid on if they ever do show up....:(

If you are in the Chicago area, let me know....just be prepared to go through many boxes as my museum has been more or less put on an indefinite hiatus...;)

We need a cool MacrossWorld Coffee Table book....kinda like that booklet that came withe the DVD set a few years back...but way more comprehensive and tons more photos!

Where's the Dream Projects you'll never get to thread!

Add some of my stuff in it too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's actually a great idea....the art, IMO, highlights the best work Mikimoto ever did for his Macross character designs....still favor it over his "revised" character designs for DYRL...I do like his most recent re-designs he created for Macross the First...hoping they get included in his "eventual" Macross Character Design Book, whihc is now too many years overdue....:unknw:

I have a few of these card sets and the "re-issued" Healthy Wings Concert set from a few years ago....I was trying to find where I stashed it so I could try and see if there were any differences, but I must have hidden it in the archives really well...;)