Macross Magazines

yellowlightman

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Hey JVM! Thanks.

That's the same thing Tochiro told me. But it's not what I remember. The art doesn't look like that and the headset that he's wearing is not the same. And I didn't remember reading it in a Koro Koro Magazine.

But, if that manga featured the VF-1J in that Deep Diver Equipment Configuration, then maybe that's the one. But to be honest, when I saw those images it didn't click in my head. If only those books were with me here in the states, I could scan it and show it to you guys coz it's a cool story ala-Build Fighters. And that Bull (Regult) Fighter I mentioned earlier is really awesome. ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I will never know exactly how many were made....each issue seemed to have come with something similar...but they were not all Macross....and there were at least 3 or 4 different "kids" magazines in publication during the SDFM era that contained them....

Currently, their appearance on the Japanese auction sites or Mandarake are few and far between......

They are among my favorite Macross collectibles....between myself and a few other collectors, we probably have "most" of them, but again, we will never know how many actually comprise a complete set of Macross furoku.....

A dream book of mine would be a series that covers ALL of the various Macross collectibles from the SDFM/DYRL era.....it'll probably never happen

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Posting this on both Books and Magazines thread:

Macross Modelers is going to be featured in an upcoming Hobby Japan EXTRA Vol. 23 which will be released in late November. It will feature probably an upcoming Super VF-31AX Hayate model kit. Preorders are now open fot Y1210/Y1100.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10823400

FCyzCvqVUAEPJOG.jpeg.dfb114069408e75ab461748f25f04be4.jpeg

10823400b.jpg.5fd40e0e2ffe6336d1fc446b1bc2a542.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, jvmacross said:

Hobby Japan - Macross Modelers

Another mook full of built-up Macross kits....:bigshok:

The big selling point is actually a cool spread of all of the latest and greatest VFs from the most recent Macross movie....

:good:

Ah right!... that's where that sneaky picture leak of the 31AX with ghosts came from. :good:

I had thought that this was just abt macross model's held at competitions, so didnt think much of it.

To see it has the delta zettai movie info too is awesome! 

Thanks for the post, gonna track one down!

** Just missed my fromjapan delivery by 2 days, else i might be able to combine it in shipping gah...

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Ah right!... that's where that sneaky picture leak of the 31AX with ghosts came from. :good:

Actually, I believe that 'leak' was from Great Mechanics G 2021 Winter.  😉

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

I had thought that this was just abt macross model's held at competitions, so didnt think much of it.

To see it has the delta zettai movie info too is awesome! 

Thanks for the post, gonna track one down!

** Just missed my fromjapan delivery by 2 days, else i might be able to combine it in shipping gah...

AJ should still have some

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Orguss cover. Tina and Kei making love to KISS's Who Wants to be Lonely. Or maybe Bootsy Collins I'd rather be With You.

Bought this a couple years ago. The item is rare to find. It is a oddly of an item. Macross/Orguss variety cards booklet ( making love cover ). There are not just hugging and kissing. Not even a sexy " Bootsy's I'd Rather be With You " Orguss cover. Could not even steal the thunder of Macross. Orguss got two pages and a front  cover. Macross got about four pages and and back cover It was like "Orguss who ?". In this oddity of an item.

NOTMACORG.PNG

NOTBACK.jpg

NOTPAGE.PNG

• 1 month later...