Store Questions

DarkHawk

I am sorry if this is the wrong area. Moderators plase move it if it is........I am attempting to find information about other e-stores. I usually get macross items at HLJ.com. I just looked at the overdrive site and it appears that the prices are better. Would it be possible to get a few reviews about the customer service and overall shopping experience? Thanks in advance.

Overdrive is good and I have had good experience with Angolz. Note that the only time I have ever had to pay duties was when I purchased one from HLJ. They may have "cheaper" shipping but you'll end up paying the same or more in the end depending on your countries import dues and taxes.

I have been happy with Toy-Wave (purchased the bulk of my stuff there ) get quick replies to any enquiries and they get their hands on pre order items and ship them very quickly too.

I have also ordered the VF-1D through Over-Drive and it just arrived this arvo so I am also very happy with their service.

Note I am in Australia so dealing with Asian based suppliers is quite efficient in terms of shipping times and also price. :)

Edited by General Chaos

I've been happy with tisinc99.com's service. Selection is decent and shipping is pretty quick. I've never been burned, so it's got that going for them.

I ordered from them a few weeks ago. They shipped the item in a plastec envelope - it arrived crushed, the blister-pack split everywhere and a CD that was inside was totally crushed too. Luckily the actual toys inside were ok, but I won't be using them again.

I ordered from them a few weeks ago. They shipped the item in a plastec envelope - it arrived crushed, the blister-pack split everywhere and a CD that was inside was totally crushed too. Luckily the actual toys inside were ok, but I won't be using them again.

I've always heard bad things about them, but I bought from them a couple months ago (a Yamato Mac0 Ghost) because their price was the best I could find, and it arrived timely and in perfect shape. I guess it's pretty spotty then.

Otherwise, you can never go wrong with HobbyLink Japan or Overdrive. I've only bought a couple things from Overdrive so far, but the service is excellent (great communication), shipping is fast and their prices blow HLJ out of the water.

Vostok 7

I've noticed that most everything Macross Frontier related on Overdrive's site is sold out. How does a person learn of new items for sale, and how fast do you have to order before they're all gone?

You can sign up for their newsletter. I think you'll have to set up an account with them to do that but I don't think you have to buy anything to do this.

Or you could just check the site regularly.

Overdrive is good and I have had good experience with Angolz. Note that the only time I have ever had to pay duties was when I purchased one from HLJ. They may have "cheaper" shipping but you'll end up paying the same or more in the end depending on your countries import dues and taxes.

Where do you live?