Shin Mazinger

REbirth

So is there a DDL for this one? :)

Sadly no atm.

Oh well, I will upload episode 3 to MU when I have free time, so just wait a bit longer.

Tonight episode 4 airs!!!

Edit: Anyone want to stream the show in good quality, you can rek a nick in this site and watch: http://www.freshverse.com/

Edit 2 :

Just watched the stream.

Mazinger Z vs GaradaK7, oh the memory, and Aphrodai A got fraked up like a minute before. But apparently, Kouji Kabuto does notice about civilian casualties, and that's what keeping me from fighting (aside from not knowing the control of course) so Mazinger Z ends up getting beaten, damn.

MAZINGER ARMY IS GO!!!! But look they can't stop DouglasM2...

Juuzo Kabuto is still the best GRANDPA ever with GRANDPA RRROOCCKKEETT PUNNCCHH!!!!

Next time, Count Brockent appears!

Edited by REbirth

another cliffhanger ep.

one whole damn episode for Maz to act like the underdog??? can't wait for Maz to start kicking serious butt!

...but i guess it'll be

grandpa Kabuto who'll be doing the a$$ whooping!

... damn Kouji is acting like a wuss.

Edited by m0n5t3r

another cliffhanger ep.

one whole damn episode for Maz to act like the underdog??? can't wait for Maz to start kicking serious butt!

...but i guess it'll be

grandpa Kabuto who'll be doing the a$$ whooping!

... damn Kouji is acting like a wuss.

Maz will use the Rust Hurricane next episode, so I guess Juuzo is gonna teach Kouji's some lessons about piloting.

The Kouji in Shin Maz is a weaksauce, in the original manga, Kouji manages to defeat the Doublas/Garada the first time he's on pilot seat (and without Juuzo's help no less).

The Kouji in Shin Maz is a weaksauce, in the original manga, Kouji manages to defeat the Doublas/Garada the first time he's on pilot seat (and without Juuzo's help no less).

really? haven't read any of the manga... but i thought they said that Shin Maz will follow more closely what's on the manga? or is it just for the designs?

really? haven't read any of the manga... but i thought they said that Shin Maz will follow more closely what's on the manga? or is it just for the designs?

This Shin Mazinger is actually a mixture of the original manga, Z Mazinger's mythos (the whole Zeus thing belongs to Z Mazinger) and some other Nagai works (Violence Jack and Mao Dante), so I can't say for sure yet.

And the design of the new Mazinger is actually taken from Ken Ishikawa's one shot Mazinger Z manga.

mazmik1.jpg

Just finished watching the stream, oh god, another cliffhanger. But this is a very fricking good episode.

Juuzo dies this time, goddamn it, he dies ;_; he fraking died, I expect this. But the tears, it won't stop ;_;

Mazinger Z kicks ass this episode, Rush Hurricane follows with a good deal of Breast Fire. The death of Juuzo almost turns Kouji into a demon.

If not for the Mazinger Army, Ashura would be toast.

The fight seems to be over, but Brocken shows up with his Flying Fortress Ghoul and Mechabeast Gloizer-X10.

Next battle: Fire! Photonic Beam.

it was just so obvious that he was gonna die... if not this ep., maybe the next and so on... and i figured it was bound to happen soon so as to motivate Kouji to kick ass... also to become a factor in Kouji walking the fine line between becoming a god or a devil...

Shiro's tears were more than enough... :p

Is there a subbed ep 6 yet? I'm finally home, so I can torrent the eps if I need to. :D

Gattai is a bit slow this time.

Btw, what do you think of the series so far, promethuem?

I think the series so far can be sum up as "oldschool badass".

I've watched up to ep 5 so far... I'm only 20 and have only very recently developed any interest in the pre-80s 'super robots', but I've been thoroughly enjoying this new Mazinger so far. It has a definitely unique retro funk to it, and the over the top badassness is an awesome change of pace from the gritty real-robot stories I usually prefer like Patlabor or VOTOMs.

photon beam is badass!... seems like Dr. Hell and Mistress Tsubasa Nishikiori have some kind of history... that's for the next ep. :)

I've watched up to ep 5 so far... I'm only 20 and have only very recently developed any interest in the pre-80s 'super robots', but I've been thoroughly enjoying this new Mazinger so far...

if you like this new Mazinger anime series (and in case you haven't watched it yet)... you should check out the Mazinkaiser OVAs... my fave is ep.4 ;):lol:

Edited by m0n5t3r

if you like this new Mazinger anime series (and in case you haven't watched it yet)... you should check out the Mazinkaiser OVAs... my fave is ep.4 ;):lol:

Episode 4? Isn't that the beach episode? That ep was funny, but it wasn't as epic as the first episode or last episode.

Anyway, aside from Mazinkaiser (which is a must for Super robot fan), you should get Giant Robo: The animation and Tetsujin 28 2004 due to the similar style and execution (all these shows are directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa).

Episode 4? Isn't that the beach episode? That ep was funny, but it wasn't as epic as the first episode or last episode.

yep... LOL, just teasing that it's my fave ep coz of the fanservice :lol: ... for me ep 1 was the most epic, then the last ep, and next is the Ankoku Dai Shogun OVA...

photon beam is badass!... seems like Dr. Hell and Mistress Tsubasa Nishikiori have some kind of history... that's for the next ep. :)

Anyway, aside from Mazinkaiser (which is a must for Super robot fan), you should get Giant Robo: The animation and Tetsujin 28 2004 due to the similar style and execution (all these shows are directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa).

Shiro is the Luckiest of them all (although he turned golden brown in the end hahahaha)

yep... LOL, just teasing that it's my fave ep coz of the fanservice :lol: ... for me ep 1 was the most epic, then the last ep, and next is the Ankoku Dai Shogun OVA...

It's too bad that Lori and Loru keep dying (I think they even died in the new series) by being squeezed there

Thanks for the link anyway REBirth! It's still easier to DDL for me, since I'm only spending time on my little netbook and still haven't set up my desktop yet since returning home.

I actually watched some of the Mazinkaiser OVA on Youtube, but the whole OVA series is not complete on there... the first two or three eps are tho, and they are thoroughly awesome. I really do need to get that on DVD or something. The Mazinkaiser movie is on there complete, and is totally sick... inspired me to get the MK Revoltech.

I've been thinking about putting in the effort to find the new Gaiking... is it any good? I've watched Shin Getter Robo, which was a mess to a casual fan like me, I've watched Dancouga Nova, which was bland and stock-footage heavy, and I started to watch Shin Jeeg, but that seemed just as fan-servicey and bland as Dancouga Nova. Mazinkaiser and Shin Maz are the ones so far that really appealed to me with the right balance of old-school funk and balls to the walls action.

I've been thinking about putting in the effort to find the new Gaiking... is it any good? I've watched Shin Getter Robo, which was a mess to a casual fan like me, I've watched Dancouga Nova, which was bland and stock-footage heavy, and I started to watch Shin Jeeg, but that seemed just as fan-servicey and bland as Dancouga Nova. Mazinkaiser and Shin Maz are the ones so far that really appealed to me with the right balance of old-school funk and balls to the walls action.

Neo Gaiking is very good, tbh, one of the best remake series so far. Please don't mind the first slow episodes.

Shin Jeeg becomes good at midway, you should finish it.

Shin Getter Armageddon (the 90s one) is indeed a mess if you aren't familiar with the Getter series, but the New Getter Robo series is good and very easy to get into, check it out.

Edited by REbirth