Shin Mazinger

REbirth

Well, ANN just happens to officially announce a Mazinger show called Shin Mazinger Shogeki! Z-Hen, a remake of the classic Mazinger Z show.

I dunno if there is any super robot/Mazinger fan in this board, but damn this news just makes my day. God, simply can't wait.

Bonus point if this airs in Spring/Summer season together with SK's new show, BASQUASH.

Edit: Forget the pic, this seems to be done in Mazinkaiser OVA-style.

2dv1uds.jpg

Edited by REbirth

That is f^cking awesome news. R1 license GO! Looking at the director, I think it's safe to assume that the fanservice will be present, and the story epic. Giant Robo still stands as one of the finest pieces of anime.

Edited by Keith

Glad to see some fricking Mazinger fan here, anyway have some more pics (source from: SRWG-W.org Shin Mazinger thread).

qqebh0.jpg

14deyl0.jpg

4hfh1k.jpg

The last two pics are from the new Mazinger Z figure.

I'm curious to see where this goes, altho I'm more a fan of Great Mazinger.

You may have a chance to see Great Mazinger (or even Grendizer) in the last part of the show. This is supposed to be "Z Hen", there might be the "Great Hen", "Grendie Hen" coming out later.

It might happen cuz lately Dizer is appearing in most of the recent SRW games.

The upcoming SRW K for the DS doesn't even have Dizer or Great, it just has Mazinger Z ( and Neo Gaiking + Shin Jeeg). Note this is the first time Great Mazinger doesn't appear in a SRW.

Edited by REbirth

Now, Where's Boss Borot?

People speculate that Boss will make his appearance in the second episode because the VA list in the ANN's article only covers the characters in the first episode.

And anybody notice that Kouji Kabuto is finally getting a VA recast? (Kenji Akabane instead of Hiroya Ishimaru). I wonder how good is the new guy?

Has a Yoshiki Fukuyama & JAM PROJECT song been announced for the theme song? This series deserves no less! Even if it's just a remake of the original song.

Edited by Keith

Has a Yoshiki Fukuyama & JAM PROJECT song been announced for the theme song? This series deserves no less! Even if it's just a remake of the original song.

No, not yet.

I personally hope for a song coming from Aniki (Ichirou Mizuki), Yoshiki Fukuyama is awesome and all but Aniki is just plain EPIC.

Edited by REbirth

Speaking of Mazinger/Go Nagai music, you know what was bullsh*t? The Legends of Mazinger CD (which I recently got) doesn't include the Great Maz theme used in Great Maz vs. Getter Robo/ vs. Grendizer. The one that starts 'Dash! Dash! Dundundunnuh!'

Speaking of Mazinger/Go Nagai music, you know what was bullsh*t? The Legends of Mazinger CD (which I recently got) doesn't include the Great Maz theme used in Great Maz vs. Getter Robo/ vs. Grendizer. The one that starts 'Dash! Dash! Dundundunnuh!'

That seems to be the normal opening theme of Great Mazinger.

Do you want it? If you do, I will send you a PM with the download link.