Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie Vol. 1

sketchley

With Shoji Kawamori listed as Supervisor, I wonder if we are to assume that this work (with its revisions/apparent mistakes/omissions) is as official as the Variable Fighter's Aero-report of the first This is Animation Special Macross Plus....

There is no mention of the VF-1B

The VF-0's gunpod.... should be GPU-9 not GU-9....

F/A-20N Dragon II..... What happened to the Tigershark? No more F203 / F-203 designation?

So now its okay for the VF-1 to have more than 2 hardpoints per wing?

Regardless... must start translating....

-Nanashi's Information Group

The page with the info on the additional wing hard points was most imteresting IMO. Are they new/modified wings added post SW1? The new hard points could certainly explain away some apparent animation errors, such as having 3 x RMS-1 shown on each wing on individual hard points, instead of the more common 1 x single & 1 x double mount.

I find the CG art of the various 'Circle-Bar' verniers interesting.

Although given the apparent thinness of the 'bar' section and the fact that it is shown being able to pivot (presumably to vector thrust to some degree), I now question the validity of the previously held assumption that these also double as 'Hook/handles' for lifting the Valk or as for use as chain down points.

Graham

OTM newly-developed materials (hyper-carbon etc.) would of course allow for super-strong and thin formed nozzle structure/assemblies to be fabricated (hehe).

I don't like the "WARNING HOT AIR" notice.... they should probably says 'WARNING HOT GAS'.

Actually, Shoji Kawamori drew the VF-4 in detail with "V.E. BLAST" (Vernier Exhaust Blast- ?) painted at the vernier thruster locations.

I find the CG art of the various 'Circle-Bar' verniers interesting.

Although given the apparent thinness of the 'bar' section and the fact that it is shown being able to pivot (presumably to vector thrust to some degree), I now question the validity of the previously held assumption that these also double as 'Hook/handles' for lifting the Valk or as for use as chain down points.

Graham

OTM newly-developed materials (hyper-carbon etc.) would of course allow for super-strong and thin formed nozzle structure/assemblies to be fabricated (hehe).

I don't like the "WARNING HOT AIR" notice.... they should probably says 'WARNING HOT GAS'.

Actually, Shoji Kawamori drew the VF-4 in detail with "V.E. BLAST" (Vernier Exhaust Blast- ?) painted at the vernier thruster locations.

Accepted that OTM materials are going to be much stronger, but still, if the 'bar' is moveable, the two pivot pooints are going to be pretty small.

Graham

I'm sure they'll be specs...repeated specs, but specs. The rest will probably be devoted to toys, models, old artwork and Hidetaka Tenjin artwork...probably in that order of majority.

You are probably right.

Although, I am expecting a new Hidetaka Tenjin artbook eventually. With all the new pieces of art he's been doing for the Chronicle I think is beginning to match all the art he published last time... He's up to at least 28 to date (every cover and fold out poster is his along with a few select ones inside).

HLJ had this listed as a July release and then suddenly it is discoutinued.

Does anyone know of another place that has this book in stock and ships to the US?

Thanks!

Have you tried Amazon Japan or HMV Japan? Both have English pages and are easy to use.

Graham

Have you tried Amazon Japan or HMV Japan? Both have English pages and are easy to use.

Graham

Thanks for the tip Graham but I just grabbed one off ebay. It cost me a little more but it looks like this book is worth it. Out of curiosity I checked your suggested sites anyway. It doesn't look like HMV has any in stock and I didn't think Amazon Japan would ship to the US. I may have been misinformed though.

HLJ had this listed as a July release and then suddenly it is discoutinued.

Does anyone know of another place that has this book in stock and ships to the US?

Thanks!

rant on

i'm in the same boat. i had it pre-ordered and was checking my account yesterday but their account system was still down for daily maintenance. checked again a couple of hours later and see the book finally available but already listed as low stock. immediately sent a shipment request but until today i still haven't heard back from them, so i don't know if i got a copy or not.

this quirk of hlj (non-real time processing) is rather annoying in these circumstances, which is a shame because other than this my experience with them has been very positive. lately i've been shifting a good number of purchases to hwjapan due to better prices and they're very flexible when you want to make changes in your order.

rant off

I have just checked with my local kinokuniya store... apparently they don't have it in yet and while they usually accept orders to import books, in this case I was told that the print supplier is out of stock and will have to wait and see for a second run of it in maybe a month's time or so... darn...

I have just checked with my local kinokuniya store... apparently they don't have it in yet and while they usually accept orders to import books, in this case I was told that the print supplier is out of stock and will have to wait and see for a second run of it in maybe a month's time or so... darn...

the kino in taka and bugis never got them. the kino in liang court sold out within a couple of days of arrival. i missed out on the last copy by just a few hours when i droppped by then. if only i had stepped out during lunch break... sigh :(

HLJ uses the "Discontinued" marker to stop people from ordering when they have no set date on when they will receive their next supply for new items. It would not hurt to e-mail them to see if when they are expecting their next supply. E-mail: products@hlj.com

Hobby Search has a waiting list for their next shipment.

the kino in taka and bugis never got them. the kino in liang court sold out within a couple of days of arrival. i missed out on the last copy by just a few hours when i droppped by then. if only i had stepped out during lunch break... sigh :(

I enquired with the main shop (if any of the shops has it, it has to be the main one right?!?! How wrong i was...) @ taka.

Sigh.... oh well... do you know know how much it was retailing here for?

i seem to recall $46, but i might be confusing that with the MacrossF Archive which i also got from kino liang court.

i also used to first check with taka, but on 2 other occasions i found liang court got their macross stuff first. it seems liang court might be the receiving branch so if it gets sold out there, it doesn't make it to the other branches.

edit: yay! finally got payment request from HLJ. can't wait for this, and the 1/100 armored alto too ^_^

Edited by Major Focker

i seem to recall $46, but i might be confusing that with the MacrossF Archive which i also got from kino liang court.

i also used to first check with taka, but on 2 other occasions i found liang court got their macross stuff first. it seems liang court might be the receiving branch so if it gets sold out there, it doesn't make it to the other branches.

edit: yay! finally got payment request from HLJ. can't wait for this, and the 1/100 armored alto too ^_^

Hey did u say u got ur MacrossF Archive for $46 at Kino In liang Court, and taka ia sold out? do they also have the Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie? I intented to go to the one at Taka yesterday but was caught up with work.

Hey did u say u got ur MacrossF Archive for $46 at Kino In liang Court, and taka ia sold out? do they also have the Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie? I intented to go to the one at Taka yesterday but was caught up with work.

yes, got Archive from kino liang court. also saw it in taka last week.

track back for my earlier post regarding Master File. sold out as of now, you'll have to place an order for a second printing.

Hm.... wierd.... guy at taka's Kino was not willing to put an order for me..... said that there is no tock from the supplier so can't take an order... hm... if anyone succeeds, pls let me know, thanks.

Edited by BlueMax

Hm.... wierd.... guy at taka's Kino was not willing to put an order for me..... said that there is no tock from the supplier so can't take an order... hm... if anyone succeeds, pls let me know, thanks.

Hi,

I went down to Taka Kino in the evening and manage to reserve a copy of the MacrossF Archive but have to collect from liang Court, I have also placed an order for the Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie but is just placing an order depending on whether if they still have stock in Japan.

Graham

I can't tell if it is available with Amazon.jp. I used their english page but when I check for availablity I can't read what it says.

Chris

Well after looking through this new reference material it really has nothing insightful to offer. I was hoping to see more in regards to transformation mechanisms, but it is mostly a few new tidbits, such as: the seats (new versions?), six-types of vernier thrusters, and that's about it.

I'm pretty meh about the whole book.

Also, a lot of the (revised) reference material looks as though it is only based off the Hasegawa offerings. There are no real cues of the older reference material.

Definitive? Highly unlikely. <_<