Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

So...

Anything new about the SDF-1? It's been over 6 weeks since the last post...

I know its been a while. Since this SDF-1 isn't due til sometime next year, I guess Yamato is taking its time on any other picture releases. Would be nice to see a Storm Attacker pose though!! B))

:o OMG!!!!! :o !Lord yes they finally finally started with a prototype. Why oh why didn't I pay attetion to this thread when it was first posted jeez it's so huge I don't know if I will be able to display it. Have to sell all my 1/48 and dwowngrade to 1/60 scale to add more room. :blink: Edited by VF-18S Hornet

:o OMG!!!!! :o !Lord yes they finally finally started with a prototype. Why oh why didn't I pay attetion to this thread when it was first posted jeez it's so huge I don't know if I will be able to display it. Have to sell all my 1/48 and dwowngrade to 1/60 scale to add more room. :blink:

They've had the prototype for a while now.

I know its been a while. Since this SDF-1 isn't due til sometime next year, I guess Yamato is taking its time on any other picture releases. Would be nice to see a Storm Attacker pose though!! B))

Oh I know. It's just that since the prototype has been making the rounds to all the hobby shows lately, I was thinking that eventually we'd get to see this gargantuan beauty in Storm Attacker mode at some point...

eyesonme78...last anyone heard, the SDF-1 was being given a 50,000 yen price tag. As of today, the exchange rate puts it at right at $520.00 US (actual current price is $519.57). And that's not even factoring in shipping on this thing.

Retracting Head Tar Tar...a few of us have been thinking the same thing:

1.) Releasing a prototype (and pics thereof) over a year before it's supposed to hit store shelves (like Yamato did with the Monster)...

2.) Giving a uber-expensive MSRP on it (again, like the Monster).

3.) After the initial buzz at a few hobby shows, its never seen nor spoken of again.

4.) Yamato slipped it under Graham's radar completely.

There are just things about this that seem to be a case of history repeating itself. Granted, in this case, not a whole lot of time has passed since its announcement, but still...there could be a good chance that this will end up being vaporware. Or it will end up being a limited-edition Japan-only exclusive...knowing our luck.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Well, I'd actually be quite happy if history repeated itself and Yamato shelved this beast in favor of a smaller and easier to afford/handle/display version. I wouldn't want WAVE small (I hated that toy) but something around the size of the original Takatoku SDF-1 would be fine by me.

Well, I'd actually be quite happy if history repeated itself and Yamato shelved this beast in favor of a smaller and easier to afford/handle/display version. I wouldn't want WAVE small (I hated that toy) but something around the size of the original Takatoku SDF-1 would be fine by me.

I don't know..

You see, I'll admit is neat- okay, mind-blowing, but then I have no interest in a purchase what so ever..it's just too much. BUt that said, there is still a part of me that would still be disappointed to not see this come to some sort of fruition.

I just saw my breakfast on the floor.

BTW, just want to know, how does sound travel in cold empty space?

Basra rocks so hard he defies physics.

BTW, just want to know, how does sound travel in cold empty space? Or are those special speakers that energise subatomic masses to hypnotise the enemy? :huh::unsure::lol:

It's the simple law of BOMBAA!!!

And that law is that Basara is allowed to break any and all laws of science, except Chuck Norris.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Instead, why not get it in

BOMBAAA!!!

3550545138_fbdcc2a607_o.jpg

Zoinks SchizophrenicMC, Thats like someone spraying graffiti on the Sistine Chapels mural!!!

I thinks its safe to say we'll wait till it comes out in DYRL colors!!! B))

BTW, just want to know, how does sound travel in cold empty space? Or are those special speakers that energise subatomic masses to hypnotise the enemy? :huh::unsure::lol:

That's what speakerpods valks are for. It fires them out, it rams into the enemy then transmits the sounds wirelessly. ;)

BTW, just want to know, how does sound travel in cold empty space? Or are those special speakers that energise subatomic masses to hypnotise the enemy?

Well - with the Minmei attack, the SDF-1 just broadcast the songs over Zendradi frequency. And I think once Bretai offered his help, the power of the broadcasts increased since I'm sure Bretai had ample equipment and knowledge of Zendradi communications to broadcast the songs to at least his entire fleet, if not the entire Boldoza fleet.

You could ask "why didn't they just turn it off?"

But that's ridiculous. If Lyn Minmei, wearing that pink dress, started nodding and winking at you while singing a love song... would you turn her off?

Pete

Well - with the Minmei attack, the SDF-1 just broadcast the songs over Zendradi frequency. And I think once Bretai offered his help, the power of the broadcasts increased since I'm sure Bretai had ample equipment and knowledge of Zendradi communications to broadcast the songs to at least his entire fleet, if not the entire Boldoza fleet.

But that's ridiculous. If Lyn Minmei, wearing that pink dress, started nodding and winking at you while singing a love song... would you turn her off?

Pete

Made them concentrate on their "piloting skills" - right hand on the joystick! :lol:

Turn on, tune in, jack off :D

Edited by Vifam7

Pete

I wouldn't turn her off, but she would definitely turn me on...

Instead, why not get it in

BOMBAAA!!!

3550545138_fbdcc2a607_o.jpg

I have been wondering why he came up with a name like SchizophrenicMC, now I know why. He is crazy :lol: