Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

That is because it is the ugly DYRL version, as we have discussed...

Sorry, can't help myself. ;p

It's OK man, I know how you feel. I like the DRYL version, no, scratch that, I can LIVE with the DRYL version, but the T.V. version shape-wise just looks so much better to me.

-Kyp

It's OK man, I know how you feel. I like the DRYL version, no, scratch that, I can LIVE with the DRYL version, but the T.V. version shape-wise just looks so much better to me.

-Kyp

I (kind of) decided to hold my breath and NOT buying this one, in case they really issue a TV version later.

No, I can't have 2 SDFs in my home. I don't know even if I have space for one!

1/2000 SDFs are Space-Demanding-Fkers!

P.S. As usual, I don't know how long I can hold my breath.

i think i am seriously done with buying toys after i buy the macross. its time to start saving serious money for other stuff for me :p buying a house and start saving for early retirement :p but that wouldnt be so bad because the macross looks so totally awesome ;)

I said that when Yamato first started making valks. :)

Resistance is futile! :wacko:

Must get 1/2000 Macross. Must save money.

The ARMD is bigger than that 1/60 VF-1D. Oh my gosh, I can only imagine the shipping charge for this thing when I order this next year! :blink:

Watching DYRL with my bro and we both just noticed that in the movie part where Hikaru and Misa comes back to the SDF1 and Global talks to them, as he stands up from his chair you can literally see a version of the SDF1 just like the one that yamato is coming out with. The size and length is about the same. Check it out!

Watching DYRL with my bro and we both just noticed that in the movie part where Hikaru and Misa comes back to the SDF1 and Global talks to them, as he stands up from his chair you can literally see a version of the SDF1 just like the one that yamato is coming out with. The size and length is about the same. Check it out!

Haahaa , nice find.

Although I think the Yamato SDF1 maybe a little bigger than this one.

Should we expect a 'blue' stand like this one then, Yamato? :lol:

post-10429-1238048180_thumb.jpg

All I can say is WOW this looks quite expensive... Hopefully it doesn't reach the 500 dollar mark otherwise I ain't buying it. It looks to be made out of mostly plastic... I can't see yamato putting metal on this figure because that would make this toy waay too expensive for most ppl. If it ever does come out hopefully it has no QC issues.

Just wow... that's amazing. The details and those mini fighters are awesome.

i would prefer to see the fighters on landing gears. something about those suction cup stands makes it look out of place. minor complaint, otherwise the piece looks incredible!!

I'd rather not have Yamato bump up the price any more than it is for the sake of adding sticky landing gears to the 1/2000 VF-1s. If you really want them, scratch build the landing gears.

The new detail shots really make the SDF tempting.

Edited by Cent

it would be funny if the announcement came out to say that it will be released in the form of a model kit. Put it together yourself....

that's what happened with the large scale 1/350 Space Yamato from years past. so you never know....

I know this is Yamato we're talking about, but I can't read Japanese. Is there anything that actually says that this is transformable or not. To date, I've not seen any transformed pics. I'm hoping it's because this is still an early prototype.

I know this is Yamato we're talking about, but I can't read Japanese. Is there anything that actually says that this is transformable or not. To date, I've not seen any transformed pics. I'm hoping it's because this is still an early prototype.

Don't worry , it is 'transformable'. ;)

post-10429-1238128036_thumb.jpg

Funny, just a couple of years ago I posted to one of these topics about a 1/2000 SDF-1...and now, BAM! I do hope that this is not an April fools joke. And I think this photo, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms...27/p1120362.jpg is the actual size once transformed.

Considering the amount of plastic on this one and hopefully metal joints on stress-heavy areas, I think the price will significantly rise with increased detail.

I would guess $539.99 USD

I sold my 1/3000 matchbox SDF-1, I'd like to get this one now. It'll be my biggest toy purchase, surpassing my $335 BT-17. I'll definitely need to do some explaining to the wife about childhood memories once this bad boy comes around.

If Yamato offered this SDF-1 as a April fools joke, I think they would pi$$ a lot people off!! Pricey as this one may be, I'm getting one!!! :rolleyes:

I'll be completely shell-shocked for days and not be able to say a word if they did so. Then I'll take a katana, fly to Yamato office, kill all the execs, then commit suicide with the prototype 1/2000 SDF-1 in my hands...

IF I CAN'T GET IT, NOBODY WILL!!!

:ph34r:

Edited by Evanta

April Fools, that? Not gonna happen. If by an infinitely small and retarded astronomical chance that was to happen, Yamato would be committing the most colossal act of corporate suicide in the history of corporations. In other words... nice try.

In this sagging economy, a more believable joke would be that Yamato will be giving away free GN-U's with an early pre-order of an SDF-1... that or free burgers at McD's.

Edited by D_Unit

• 1 month later...