Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Holy crap! This thing is huge! :o And it's the DYRL version! I think this may get my vote for the ultimate Macross collectible. If I moved house (and I'd have to, to find somewhere to put it!) I'd have to put a kid's booster seat in my car and drive it around with it sitting in the back just for sh*ts and giggles :lol: Of course, I'd need to buy a car in the first place and with the price-tag on that thing I don't think my budget could handle both. Maybe if I resign myself to eating ramen for the next year and started selling my organs... :unsure:

Stunning piece of work, but with the economy and my wallet in the state they are in right now I have no idea how I could afford it. I'll get the Macross Quarter and be satisfied with that.

Those that don't think that Yamato will come out with this doesnt realize that there's an 18" $600 doll right next to it in display.

Not exactly good news - those dolls are direct order only. But at least Yamato don't price their stuff like Studio Half-Eye.

With a year I would hope they get any major kinks out.

And I don't think it's that big of a toy.

:lol:

well I took out the measuring tape and stuck two items next to it. The bandai SDF which is about 16 inches and a 1/60 v2. VF-1A with super packs. check out the picture. It's cool, I'm down with at least 1. for the minimum. but the price could use some adjustment since Japan economy is shoty lately. the price needs work.

post-1229-1235345468_thumb.jpg

Personally I think this will be awesome. ^_^ People have been begging for years to have a "large" Macross SDF-1 and when we finally get one people start screaming it's "TOO BIG"! Buy the Wave one if this is too big for you. Sometimes I don't think Yamato can win. :mellow: If your concerned about the foot print put it in "battroid" mode. Besides at 24" inches it's only going to take up the room of 2 or 3 valks. :unsure: Make some room and if you can't well I guess you don't :wub: Macross enough. :p:lol: Also I don't think WF or shelf space even entered their minds when they came up with this one. Personally I have a nice space beside my Plasma (opposite my xbox) that's just begging for a giant figure to be placed there and I think I have found it (previously it was occupied by the 27 volume special release of Naruto).

post-9075-1235347601_thumb.jpg

I would have to agree that $500 is a bit steep but I just spent $200+ on a YF-21. If we can spend $200 on a YF-21 I'll probably spend $500 on a giant SDF-1. Come to the dark side where things like WF, Meat and being responsible mean nothing to that big grin you get on your face when you look at your collection! :lol:

Oh and I bet the reason they went with an DYRL SDF-1 is that it's basically what we see in Frontier so they probably figure they would get better product reconignition out of it. Considering the size and cost of the thing I seriously doubt that they will bring out a TV version unless this one sells really well.

Edited by logos

The version with the ARMD arms is from DYRL, but what about this version?

That is a Daicon IV opening animation custom somebody made out of the WAVE SDF-1 and has been trying to see it on Yahoo auctions for a few months.

Regarding the Daicon version of the Macross, here's the relevant vid:

The Macross appears at about 2 minutes and twenty seconds in. It's the TV version of the Macross and its new arms are the Arcadia and Yamato, which clearly makes it by far the most awesome version of the Macross that could ever exist in any universe.

:blink::wacko::D

Just when I thought I was done collecting mecha, Yamato PULLS ME BACK IN*.

The perfect size, oomph, and "presence" I was looking for and everything.

. . .

. . .

* But why, oh why, couldn't they have released a TV-style version instead!! :(

I for one prefer the DYRL version. Never really liked the look of teh TV version that much.

That's fine, but "ARMD-02 Attack" doesn't have the same punch as. . .

DAEDALUS ATTACK!!!!!!!!

;) (pun definitely intended)

Edit: "After eons untold, a wind of change? The second coming?"

Another riddle, Lord Maharg? :lol:

Edited by Mog

I prefer the DYRL in Robot mode, but the TV version in Cruiser Mode. I like the TV version paint scheme better too.

They cant release a "upgrade" pack for this ship because there are BIG differences between the ship designs other than just the arms. :(

Regarding the Daicon version of the Macross, here's the relevant vid:

The Macross appears at about 2 minutes and twenty seconds in. It's the TV version of the Macross and its new arms are the Arcadia and Yamato, which clearly makes it by far the most awesome version of the Macross that could ever exist in any universe.

From that video. Wouldn't it be cool if the head laser on the VF-1A was actually a laser sword!?!?! :lol: Opps sorry just had a Gundam moment...for shame! :blink:

Back on topic. I'll buy this but considering the boxes Yamato uses the shipping costs having me pissing my pants already! :mellow::o:blink::wacko::unsure::(....still a buy though I think if you can come up with the scratch.

Edited by logos

so if the toy is gonna be 2feet, what about the box? 2.5feet? :ph34r:

maybe they need to pack this thing in a miniature crate. :lol:

500 bucks doesn't seem so bad.

technically, it's just 2 VF-11's bought & shipped at different times. plus we get a year to get ready for it.

i'm pretty sure i made about that much extra money last year, except it went into Valks, Transformers, Figmas, Revoltech, DVD's, BLUrays & a rockband geetar. :lol:

the horror. the horror.

oh, I`m buying this baby...I don`t suppose it comes with working antigrav units so it can fly ITSELF to my home does it? :ph34r: cause while I can easily come up with the cash(got a goodpaying job), I`m affraid the taxes will butcher me.

Yeah, the wife is already hitting the roof on my new found (to her) hobby, so what the hell, what's one more? I'm in baby.

BTW, found this pic on an artists website, thought it was pretty cool...

robo.jpg

saved! thaks for the pic man, it looks awesome! B))

10 years ago, this would have been my dream.

Now I am older and wiser and realize that big toys just don't work. I would have seriously preferred a 1/4000 or 1/3000 version with less detailing if neccessary. The Takatoku/Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 is about the max size that I can actually keep around or play with and display also.

With the global economy in the tank including Japan in dire straits, this is really the wrong time for something like this. Yamato would make much more money and sales mass producing a smaller toy for greater demand I believe.

Edited by ComicKaze

For crying out loud! First you get people complaining about the WAVE SDF-1 being too small. Now Yamato is putting out a larger scale SDF-1 and people are coming out of the woodwork complaining that it is too big. I give up.

OK, had to get that off my chest. :mellow:

Edited by sharky

For crying out loud! First you get people complaining about the WAVE SDF-1 being too small. Now Yamato is putting out a larger scale SDF-1 and people are coming out of the woodwork complaining that it is too big. I give up.

OK, had to get that off my chest. :mellow:

Yes, just call us goldilocks. :p

I don't blame Yamato for putting out something big. It gives the consumer more choices. Want small? Go Wave. Want big? Go Yamato. Want bigger? Build your own.

I think a big issue is just plunking down 600-700 USD in one go. Figure collectors spend 70-100 on each figure, and it adds up to be around the same, but buying 7 separate items over a period of time doesn't seem as alarming as buying a single expensive figure. It's just a mentality thing, especially when people don't have spare cash.

I support Yamatos decision, but I wasn't ready to put down $600 for a single large figure this year that wasn't the VB-6 or the HWR. I do hope that Yamato continues producing large collectibles though. Just means we need more space! (Also make sure to make the joints and limbs strong enough to hold up our other VFs when we start running out of room and need to stack them on top of each other)

It's a good thing that they are finally making their own DYRL SDF1. I would get one if the price is not expensive and the general user reviews say it's breakage free. On the $500-600USD speculative price tag, I wish that collectors here wouldn't throw guesstimate prices like that so much... because maybe Yamato is not all that ambitious about the pricing, but upon reading up here, they change their minds.

Good point. Look at the 1/60 VF-1s. They are $80-$90US a piece which I consider a very good price. I only own 1 of every other Valk I wanted but I own 3 and counting of the VF-1 1/60s. But even at $500 I'll probably still buy one. I mean it is the SDF-1 in all her elephantine glory!

Anyways it comes out in 2010 so we'll see what the price comes out too then. If Canada wins it's first Olympic gold on home soil next year maybe I'll buy one of these to celebrate :lol: .....who am I kidding I am just looking for an excuse to buy one like I did the YF-21. :ph34r:

Edited by logos

I believe these are the Valks. Maybe somebody that was there can confirm?

gallery_151_312_71802.jpg

Yep those be mini valks there are a total of 10 in the picture. 7 on the display case and 3 sitting on the top of the canons of the SDF-1.