Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

500 would be ok for me but 2000 US plus shipping would put me in the range in 4000 cand.

no thanks

I could think of so many other toys i could get for that and expand my aquarium

and im talking about good quality toys. Hell a 1/35 Rx78 GFF MC would be a better buy

I guess a lot of you here are either born with silver spoons or

born with silver spoons

500 would be ok for me but 2000 US plus shipping would put me in the range in 4000 cand.

no thanks

and im talking about good quality toys. Hell a 1/35 Rx78 GFF MC would be a better buy

born with silver spoons

Sorry, I'd say no higher than 300. It's not like it has a complex transformation. Sure, it has details and whatnot, but is that in itself worth a 500 price tag? Not IMO. Maybe if it was all lit up by LED's and had various sound effects......

But my guess is that thats not something Yamato would do.

no thanks

born with silver spoons

err...for US$2000+ shipping + VA-tax + commission to be paid for us fans outside Japan to buy + lots of paint to complete this kit, I can get myself a top end gaming PC with the works. I will pass on this DIY resin kit.

Edited by blacklotus

I hope the Bandai DX Quarter sell very well when it come out,

it will show how big mistake Yamato is making....

Well, Bandai is getting another order for the Quarter from me. I've just clicked "Buy" on a 2nd Quarter based on the picture of the finished minis. After all, that's the money meant for the Yammie SDF1, which Yammie won't be getting from me. And for that matter, I've cancelled my orders for the M&M VF-22Ss and VF11C as well. I doubt Yamato cared. Too bad. ^_^

Well, Bandai is getting another order for the Quarter from me. I've just clicked "Buy" on a 2nd Quarter based on the picture of the finished minis. After all, that's the money meant for the Yammie SDF1, which Yammie won't be getting from me. And for that matter, I've cancelled my orders for the M&M VF-22Ss and VF11C as well. I doubt Yamato cared. Too bad. ^_^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a show of hands. How many MW members have the Wave SDF 1

I have the movie version and im quite happy with mine and even the scale

ahhaah, who would've thought, the Macross holy grail has turned out to be very very bad publicity for Yamato

I feel that is the Yamato marketing department's fault and no one else.

Exposed the SDF-1 prototype in a public exhibition in the early stage (release date announcement with no price but $500 dollars price tag rumor started), and then more print report in the magazine etc... giving the fans wrong impression and fake hope.

(Leading many Macross fans believe that they can own it next year).

All these time, Yamato had done nothing to indicate this toy/model is aimed for the 'exclusive collector' market. Bad marketing, publicity disaster!

Edited by macrossnake

$2,000 is a bit extreme for anybody’s wallet, likewise $500 seemed too cheap for something this scale if you look at what’s on offer at the $120 mark. I though it would go for about $1,000, but at $2,000 there must be very high labor costs. At some point Yamato must have realized they bit off more then they could chew! And that’s why it cost so much, the fact they’ve gone with a completely new material to build it out of looks to me like desperation, and plan B. It doesn’t make any sense for a company to put a lot of effort into a model then price it out of just about everybody’s league unless a mistake was made somewhere and now they’re trying to make the best of a bad situation (i.e. selling a prototype as a finished product).

Seriously though, Bandai have the tech to do this right as a PG / Jumbo Grade if they wanted to, just look at the PG 00 that’s a ton of plastic. I don’t like saying it, but there mustn’t be much money in old school Macross.

Edited by wizartar

Just a show of hands. How many MW members have the Wave SDF 1

I have the movie version and im quite happy with mine and even the scale

Here's a different question:

How many MW members HAD the Wave SDF-1 and got rid of it in anticipation of this?

'Cause that would be me. I thought I'd be buying this.

Oh well.

There goes that pipe dream :)

Pete

I work at an R&D department and believe me prototypes get shown off all the time at trade fairs and shows (how else do you build interest in an upcoming product?). Lots of stuff gets made in every R&D department that never sees the light of day. That's the point of R&D to come up with new ideas and to try them out. It's just to bad that someone dropped the ball somewhere. Then again maybe they didn't. This could have been Yamato's plan all along, who knows?

That Yamato appears to have made a marketing error here there is no question but at least they made the attempt. They could have just killed the project and washed their hands of it or never had made the attempt to bring it out at all. I imagine that the mass produced item came in as to expensive for the current economy and they decided not to go through with it (IMO). At the current cost it probably covers to cost of running the mold machines for 1 toy/fig, some packaging and some R&D............At least some fortunate smucks are going to have the cash and buy this thing.

But then this is all just speculation......which we love to do here! :lol:

PS if anyone here does buy it....I HATE YOU......Please post pics! :lol:

I want one of these, but 2K for a toy/display model is more than I can stomach. Maybe this fiasco will spur a couple of the people who were talking about making new model kits into action, because it seems like a stateside fan is boned on this one again.

Yeah I suppose that's the biggest insult to injury isn't it? How does someone from outside of Japan order one of these even if they have to cash to fork over for it? Oh well Macross Quarter here I come! :p

Edited by logos

This is a dead end product for me at that price.... <_<

at least I have a customized WAVE 1/5000 SDF-1 for 10% of the cost. :lol:

post-7534-1256977360_thumb.jpeg

shouldn't the upper thighs be blue, they're blue on the show?

actually, the SDF-1 was always showned in a different blue/red/white scheme all over the TV show so there is no "definite" TV color scheme for it, the only stable colored SDF-1 is the DYRL version, go watch the show and search several pictures of TV SDF-1, it switches colors all the time

one could fathom the idea that since it was constantly under attack by the zentradi, it was always getting repaired and repainted :p

Yamato already knows that the product is botched. It would have otherwise been cancelled. But I suppose there was enough interest from well-to-do fans that they're selling a garage kit instead. Im pretty sure the people who wanted it have already preordered it. This is more in line to something like a gold plated Chogokin or something similar.

I get the feeling Yamato never intended to manufacture this in the first place, and is only selling the kits to make up for the loss in work time.

Wait, I'm confused. Is this the same Macross that Yamato was putting out for $500 that's now turned into a $2000+ model kit?

That's the first step in getting over Yamato's overpriced plastic kit.

The Five Steps:

1. Confusion - WTF happened to the toy?

2. Shock - $2K for an unpainted piece of plastic - And even if one was willing to pay no guarantee of acquiring one close to that price.

3. Outrage - see above

4. More confusion - Is the toy still coming out? Will this be available for half price in a year like their 1/1 Macross Helemts?

5. Revenge - Where in Japan is Yamato located?

Edited by hirohawa