Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

I thinks that's hardly comparable, that's a movie prop replica signed by Harrison Ford, I'm not a Star Wars fan but I admit that thing is worth the price, unless this SDF-1 came with a celluloid image of the SDF-1 signed by Kawamori and a pair Mary Iijima used panties

either way, I guess I understand now, Yamato will release the prototype to be purchased by some nutcase, they will consider making a mass production version, once it's mass produced the cost should be slightly less, but still, whatever price they use later people will go "yeepeee...it's not 2300 dollars anymore"

As I said above, the one that ISN'T signed by harrison ford is still $2500 at my local comic shop. What's the difference between a falcon replica and an SDF-1 replica?

At this level of quality and price, they're both for a very niche fanbase.

Well, you have to give Transformers some props.

The original 80's Jetfire did lure a plethora of fans to Macross.

Then again, Transformer fans think of GoBots as a rip off/joke. As a Macross / Mospeada fan, I feel the same about Transformers.

I HATE IT when my nephews call my Valkyries "Transformers." My wife has to remind me that they're only 6, and don't know any better. :-)

One day, I will introduce them to Macross.

Even still, somewhere, I know they'll have a place in their heart for Transformers, even though they too will think of Transformers as Gobots of the Macross world.

As I said above, the one that ISN'T signed by harrison ford is still $2500 at my local comic shop. What's the difference between a falcon replica and an SDF-1 replica?

At this level of quality and price, they're both for a very niche fanbase.

oh sorry, didn't read carefully your post and got distracted by the link itself, indeed both are for the hardcore fan

you know, I was thinking, perhaps, Bandai came out with all this fake adds and info on the uber expensive SDF-1 so people will go, f*ck it, I'll get me the quarter pounder instead :lol:

You know, I paid a GOOD amount of dough for the 1/5 scale Minmay, and likewise, just bought all 3 1/1 scale helmets. I'm not too concerned with buying the extremely niche items at insane prices. However, at $2300 for a kit is just stupidity. Even though I do have the funds to put into getting this, and comfortably at this point, I'd have to say, what's the point? There is that certain geeky cool factor where someone would be able to say, "Haha, look at me, I paid $X.xx for this item, and only 2 people and I in the world have it!!!" But, still, no matter how durable the poly-whatever resin it is, it's still a kit, and no matter how much anyone tries to convince me that it's that great of an accomplishment to buy, at that bang for the buck, I'd have to say that it's just more painful to see someone buy it than the cool factor. IMO, consider line drawn here.

I will now eagerly and unreasonably anticipate the release of information regarding the completed kit and estimate its retail price to be well within my budget range.

And the cycle starts once again :3

Edited by Cent

I will now eagerly and unreasonably anticipate the release of information regarding the completed kit and estimate its retail price to be well within my budget range.

And the cycle starts once again :3

Yup. Same here. Since this is the advanced resin kit release, I'll hold judgment until an official announcement of a completed version next year.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy my Macross Quarter for this Xmas. ^_^

The SDF-1 can wait for next year.

Edited by blacklotus

You know what? At first I was shocked at the price. But then I remembered seeing high end star wars replicas at local comic shops.

They have this falcon (minus the autograph) for $2500.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Master-Replicas-Han-Mil...=item1c0d6bc065

But that can be bought (minus the signature) for About $1500 shipped. It is HUGE at 32" in diameter and has an excelent weathered paintjob lights up and has a ginormous Mirrored display stand that attaches to a charger.

I think it would be worth $2K + IF it had/included the following:

Full Metal construction

Lights up with LEDs and has sounds

Display case and stand

Diorama of Macross Island to fit in case as an option

Actual working Fold system

Edited by hirohawa

Looks like a toy version is definately NOT coming out next year:

From the same source as yesterday:

I want to correct the info I sent you yesterday about the SDF-1. I got some new info yesterday night and wanted to correct myself.

They've me told to tell everyone that even though the Yamato web site states there wil be a completed model out next year it's almost certain not to be released at least in 2010 and maybe never. The current preordering is for the December shipping ones so they should be taking orders for a few more months.

For what it is they told to tell everyone it's a good kit. Depends on how you take it but to some people it'll be worth the price. They can't say everyone should buy it but 10 years down the road you'll think it's worth it.

I'd rather buy a Real Doll with Minmei's head on it. But seriously though, all kidding aside, I sold my NSX earlier this year so I'm definitely going to buy one of these suckers.

I got an interesting question, if the SDF-1 were TV version, would some of you be more content with the price?

No

We're not talking about what we want more

it took me a year to save up 2500 for a guitar in a time I still lived at home

Nowadays i may make more money, but getting 2500 together in a year is nigh impossible