Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

I'm sure the current state of the economy played a bit of a role in Yamato's decision. Now's not exactly the best time to be releasing an uber-expensive, Holy Grail centerpiece.

Again, it sucks for us. But the businessman in me understands why Yamato's going this route.

I'm sure the current state of the economy played a bit of a role in Yamato's decision. Now's not exactly the best time to be releasing an uber-expensive, Holy Grail centerpiece.

Toyota executive reads this thread... looks over at LFA.... d'oh!

lol... god, this thread has gotten pathetic.

Who do they think they are? Some sort of company trying to make money? Do they think they live in a free market or something? Subvert the dominant paradigm, down with the capitalist pigs, no macross no peace!

I bet the filthy capitalist yamato CEO stands out on his balcony while the people cry out for cheap macross goods, laughing and yelling out, "Let them eat vf-1 repaints!"

Who's with me? Tomorrow we storm the offices! Red! The blood of Kakizaki! Black! the dark of ages past! Red! A world about to dawn! Black! Free stands in every box!

Edited by eugimon

People just want to vent their frustrations for something they want to get, only to have their hopes largely dashed.... could have been largely averted if Yamato had said from the onset that this isn't gonna be mass produced and at aroud that price point.... but then again, their plans could have been pretty different earlier on...

Edit: Silly me.... pointless to talk rationally in this thread anymore..... its a lynch mob in action right now! :o:lol: !

Edited by BlueMax

Who do they think they are? Some sort of company trying to make money? Do they think they live in a free market or something? Subvert the dominant paradigm, down with the capitalist pigs, no macross no peace!

I bet the filthy capitalist yamato CEO stands out on his balcony while the people cry out for cheap macross goods, laughing and yelling out, "Let them eat vf-1 repaints!"

Who's with me? Tomorrow we storm the offices! Red! The blood of Kakizaki! Black! the dark of ages past! Red! A world about to dawn! Black! Free stands in every box!

HELL YEAH!!

DOWN WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

FRRRCK YOU, DOLPHIN!! AND FRRRRRK YOU, WHALE!!!

THE STREETS OF THE CITY SHALL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE . . . Ooh, looky!! :blink: A new 1/60 VF-1A color variant!! :wub:

:D

You know when it got pathetic? WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE PRICE!!!

The question is why does Yamato create a SDF-1 with 400 pieces? Why don’t they create a mass production version with a reasonable price like Bandai did with the Quarter?

So Yamato could sell a lot but a lot of units, but not, they prefer made an ultra expensive SDF-1 that just few people in ALL the world can buy, and what is gonna happen then?

There's an excellent point right there... so with all the technical know how and toy making experience that Yamato has there was NO WAY they can figure out how to make a 24" toy that doesn't cost $2300.00??? Are you kidding me?

You know when it got pathetic? WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE PRICE!!!

There's an excellent point right there... so with all the technical know how and toy making experience that Yamato has there was NO WAY they can figure out how to make a 24" toy that doesn't cost $2300.00??? Are you kidding me?

I'm disappointed with the price as well and with the way they went about it... but all the entitlement "how dare they!" talk... that's a bit much. It's a toy, not a freaking cure for cancer.

I heard it includes one night with the Macross singer of your choice.
If that were actually true it almost might be worth it just to get to talk to and hang out with Yoshiki Fukuyama. Oh you meant SEX? well ummm.....

Too bad Marie Antoinette never really said "let them eat cake" and Yamato free stands suck anyway.

If that were actually true it almost might be worth it just to get to talk to and hang out with Yoshiki Fukuyama. Oh you meant SEX? well ummm.....

Too bad Marie Antoinette never really said "let them eat cake" and Yamato free stands suck anyway.

they do, don't they? Wait, I mean, silence bourgeoisie oppressor! :lol:

I'm disappointed with the price as well and with the way they went about it... but all the entitlement "how dare they!" talk... that's a bit much. It's a toy, not a freaking cure for cancer.

It's actually a model not a toy and it's a toy forum... if it was a cure for cancer forum then I'd be expecting the How dare they not cure cancer arguments over here...

It's actually a model not a toy and it's a toy forum... if it was a cure for cancer forum then I'd be expecting the How dare they not cure cancer arguments over here...

so.... uhm, how dare we talk about a model in the toy forum?

so.... uhm, how dare we talk about a model in the toy forum?

Because then it becomes... How dare you put a Yamato thread in here... and what kind of glue to use on a PU resin and then soon it's all about can that glue blind you because I think I "accidently" sniffed it and and now I can't see... No you idiot! You glued your eye shut!!! Well what should I do? Should I put glue remover? No that'll melt your iris, Just carefully shave your eye lashes and then get an exacto knife to slit your eye lids apart...

oh jeez... the memories...

let's just keep it here.

I got this news from a collector in Japan that's a member of the Yamato Fan Club members only site:

As for the Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 I'm kinda lost for words about the price.

It seems everyone's missing this information but on the Fan Club only page for it says quote "This is a prototype model kit of a item that will be released in 2010" end quote. Problem is a completed and painted version is sure to cost more then a simple kit. So anyway you should have a chance to order a completed one sometime next year.

and

On this image it basically says on the top 'Prototype Type Model Kit to be released ahead of completed version'.

On the second line of this image it reads 'A over 400 part model kit will be released ahead of the completed version that will be released in 2010.'

And thus the plot thickens...

Edited by Tober

I thought we've already been discussing the completed version... I even joked about it back here...

.... I decided I can afford to get 3, one for each mode... both the prototype and the completed version due next year. That one is going to be more so....

Because then it becomes... How dare you put a Yamato thread in here... and what kind of glue to use on a PU resin and then soon it's all about can that glue blind you because I think I "accidently" sniffed it and and now I can't see... No you idiot! You glued your eye shut!!! Well what should I do? Should I put glue remover? No that'll melt your iris, Just carefully shave your eye lashes and then get an exacto knife to slit your eye lids apart...

oh jeez... the memories...

let's just keep it here.

:lol:

Edited by anime52k8

I thought we've already been discussing the completed version... I even joked about it back here...

So the 'complete' toy version is going to be more expensive or less?

210,000円 plus the labour cost that put the model together??? :ph34r:

Let the guessing game begin, how much do you think it is going to be this time.

May cost an arm and kidney? :unsure:

:lol::lol:

This made my day!!!!! And I spilled the coffe.

If the "completed" toy version is supposed to cost more than the resin prototype, it'll easily be upward in the neighborhood of $3000 to $3500 US. But we still have about 4 to 6 months to see what becomes of all this, so lets just hold tight and wait for the outcome. If it's still a ridiculously overpriced toy that's produced on a per-order basis, then so be it. There are still plenty of WAVE SDF-1s floating around on eBay... -_-

So the 'complete' toy version is going to be more expensive or less?

210,000円 plus the labour cost that put the model together??? :ph34r:

Let the guessing game begin, how much do you think it is going to be this time.

May cost an arm and kidney? :unsure:

In order to get the completed version, you have to sign a contrat with Yamato where you accept to pay them 20% of your monthly income during ten years. In addition, once a year, a Yamato representative travels to your home to test everything is fine with your unit. If it's broken you incur in a penalty where you receive an increase of another 20% of your monthly income.

:lol:

Remember there were talks about Yamato considered making a smaller scale version? May be they got enough feed back from retailers like "Come on I can't stock something this big! Our customers have no room for this! Have you seen the rental cost in Tokyo? Do you know how much discount I had to give to get rid of those jumbo grade gundam?" and decided that it is too much risk to mass produce the full scale version. Or they found it to be too heavy and the mass produce material they use can't handle the weight.

But they already have the prototype here and can be recasted to a resin kit and made base on direct order to reduce risk. May they are currently busy working with the CAD model to scale it down to 1:3000 or something.

Edited by CF18

"Interesting plot twist".......this thread reminds me of a day time soap.... :blink:

Nah, if this was a day time soap, half the Yamato employees would be sleeping with the other half (while still being married to the other half), while two bitter rival Yamato executives would constantly scheme and backstab each other to see who can get credit for the SDF-1 (completely unaware that they're half-brothers), while some distraught Yamato salaryman plots to plant bombs in all the prototype and finished SDF-1's (all because the Hory Froating Head ignored him, cut in line, and took the last ramen bowl from the vending machine), while the entire financial success or failure of Yamato utterly hinges on the release of the SDF-1! :ph34r:

Seriously though, I wonder if Graham's gotten any additional news or clarification that he can share about these releases. :unsure:

I think I am undertanding this better now. There's a model coming out and a completed painted/weathered version first. Does anyone recalls the Fine molds Millennium Falcon; $200 model Vs $1000 built and painted...? I think this is what is going to be the case with Yamato. Hopes are still big...

Do transformers fans really call them "tranny toys?" That sounds just wrong on every level.

Not really....i heard fm Macross forum here....can't really rembr who said that actually.

Beside Quarter, I think I can get a 2nd VF-11C now...hehe!

Edited by Javabean

You know what? At first I was shocked at the price. But then I remembered seeing high end star wars replicas at local comic shops.

They have this falcon (minus the autograph) for $2500.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Master-Replicas-Han-Mil...=item1c0d6bc065

I thinks that's hardly comparable, that's a movie prop replica signed by Harrison Ford, I'm not a Star Wars fan but I admit that thing is worth the price, unless this SDF-1 came with a celluloid image of the SDF-1 signed by Kawamori and a pair Mary Iijima used panties

either way, I guess I understand now, Yamato will release the prototype to be purchased by some nutcase, they will consider making a mass production version, once it's mass produced the cost should be slightly less, but still, whatever price they use later people will go "yeepeee...it's not 2300 dollars anymore"