Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

The poster in the background with the TV version SDF-1 is apparently for the pachinko game (jodging by the word "fever").... i wonder if Yamato has any sort of tie-in with Sankyo (make of the game) or is yamato simply using "ambush marketing"? :rolleyes:

While they are at it, do it for the vf-1s as well! lol~! ^_^

Granted, I'm still holding out for a TV version.

But even I've gotta tip my hat to the level of detail they're already showing in these latest prototype pics. :)

Money shot indeed, EXO!

Ohhh....this is going to be epic. I mean the price as well! :blink:

I'm guessing about high 500-mid 600's myself. Unless it's a G-system product, I won't pay for it, no matter how painful it's absence from my collection is.

I'm mixed. It's definitely iconic, and I've always liked the DYRL designs better... I just like TV colors better. And really hope there's a variant that has Prometheus and Daedalus as well as ARMD's.

I'm mixed. It's definitely iconic, and I've always liked the DYRL designs better... I just like TV colors better. And really hope there's a variant that has Prometheus and Daedalus as well as ARMD's.

It wouldnt be like Yamato to stick a Prometheus/Deadalus set on a DYRL Macross... it'll most likely come with an SDF:M version if they see that this version did well.

Is there anyone here mad enough to collect a 2nd or multples of this?? ohmy.gif

Godzilla? Kensei back in his glory days?

Oh hell no! 1 is just fine. Now if they make a SDF-1 from SDFM, then yes I will have 2. My wife wont be happy but sh will be able to buy her shoes then b/c I cant say jack$#!+.

I don't know....those are 1/60s beside it.....it's pretty big IMO.

Well yeah, the SOC Ideon is a big toy too. I wasn't saying the SDF-1 isn't big, just not as massive as I was expecting.

Regardless, I'm not getting this at any size so it's not like I'm disappointed or pleased. Just an observation. :)

Edited by eriku

It wouldnt be like Yamato to stick a Prometheus/Deadalus set on a DYRL Macross... it'll most likely come with an SDF:M version if they see that this version did well.

Sure. I can hope for a YF-19 Fast Pack/Fold Booster style combo with just the carriers, even if I don't expect it.

Well yeah, the SOC Ideon is a big toy too. I wasn't saying the SDF-1 isn't big, just not as massive as I was expecting.

Regardless, I'm not getting this at any size so it's not like I'm disappointed or pleased. Just an observation. :)

It's not... people keep freaking out about shelf space or whatever and it's not tha massive of a toy. I think it's a good size.

SMALL?!

Frankly, it does look small in the photo.

However, when you imagine how tall it is when compared to the 1/60s - to head it's 2 VF-1 battroid height, to the cannon it's more than 3.

Now stack up your 3 VF-1's and look again... It's huge to me!

Edited by ff95gj

It's big enough to pack a whole lot of details!!!!!

I'm SO gonna end up caving in and buying this.....then kick myself ten times over when they release the TV one in 6 months....then buy that one.....I CURSE the day I found this website AND heard the word Yamato :lol:

and did anyone else just fall in love with the way they used like 7 VF-1J's in different stages of transformation??!! That's badass!!!

Edited by derex3592