Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Yes i can imagine this, i'd even do up a battle scene SDF-1 VS SDF-1! :p who would win??

Somebody commission Glane21, that would make an awesome alternate reality realization on paper... Evil vs Good maybe? Sorry, Pumpkin Ale has the mind wandering

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...mp;#entry558164 - (Shameless plug for Glane's awesome work since I brought him up.)

Sup ya'll! So it's a guess that this thing is about $500? So far size, color and shape details are in the wish list.

Would you all agree with me that for $500, there better be a lot of f**king gimmicks on this thing. At least LED lights, lights in the city inside it to be seen through removable panels. LED lights on the main canons, tip of canons...and lights in the boosters!

If possible how about some grumbling sounds of it taking off? LED flashing? The stand better be multi-directional instead of one fixed position.

For $500+ U.S. dollars! There better be a lot of gimmicks! AND! AND! The packaging better be good. Yamato, listen up, if you're selling this thing for more than $500, this collector's item better come in a really nice packaging. None of the cheezy photochop styled-filters with beveled gold text and multi colored-paneled, flimsy boxes with shinny gloss aqueous coating on 80 lb stock...WTF!

And if Yamato is gonna go cheap, corrugated boxes laminated with matte stock and some foiling, if not foiling, some spot varnishing. As I've mentioned before, the MP-01 and MP-04 boxes are really nice for something so simple...they're hefty, they feel solid, they look great, and they feel like they're worth the $285 USD. Forget the see through-five panel boxes. No one displays their boxes anyway with the flap open, they're too big! Take the Hasbro 1/6 SDCC Baroness packaging as an example, very nice too (minus the cheap-a$$ figure).

Lastly, the packaging does not need to be the size of a dog house. I'm not sure why so much plastic and huge box size are used on the 1/48 valkyries. The 1/48 can fit inside the 1/60 boxes...heck, you can even make the boxes small and lesses the plastic trays.

That's all I'm saying, sh*t...blood boiling. Imma finish this vodka and cranberry juice before going to bed. For $500+ USD, this s**t better the ultimate masterpiece. I wanna walk in my room, living room or kitchen, or where ever this is posed, and say, "h*ly ***k, now that's one bad a$$ action figure." I want my friends to walk in my house and see this thing like some boxer knocked out a fool, friends with their knuckles next to their mouths jumping up and down yelling, "ooooooh, oooooooh, oooooooh"....Like their car just got pimped by Xzibit.

I've told my wife about this figure once the thread started. So far she's good with it, but that was months ago...we'll see how she feels spring or summer of 2010.

Peace!

Where exactly does it say it'll be $500? Or is that just speculation?

IMO, 500 is WAY too much for this. For that amount, I expect the damn thing to cook toast and make coffee for me in the mornings.

The transformation isn't that complex. Way less complex than a Valk. I could see this going for 180-220 TOPS. Anything over that is pure wallet rape.

Then I'd would suspect it to be about $200 - $250?

Not likely. Yamato charges 28,000 yen (around US$300) for the 33cm tall 1/24 Ingram. I'd be a bit concerned if the SDF-1 was bigger yet cheaper than an Ingram

IIRC what Yamato said is that they wanted to keep the price at around 50,000yen ($500 if $1=100yen).

What the reality will be is still likely up in the air. Though chances are they'd likely come close to the 50,000 yen price.

Edited by Vifam7

the DX Quarter is already priced at $220, so unlikely that the SDF will be lower than $300 given its size.

same as eugimon, i'd like some appropriate lighting but nothing flashy. subtly flickering main engines would be as flashy as i would want it to be. i just don't think they'll be able to pull off a convincing macross cannon effect given the unenclosed configuration, unlike the wave motion gun effect in the yamato battleship which was done quite well. i'll trade lighting gimicks for increased detail in a heartbeat. i also could care less about boxe design so long as it's reasonably compact and provides adequate protection. heck, i wouldn't care if it came in a standard brown shipping box, it'll be out of that box the minute it arrives!

Edited by Major Focker

Right, but I have a hard time accepting a $500- price tag for soemthing that size and is less complex in transformation. Personally, I'd be glad to drop that price if its as big as the USS FLAGG with a reasonable amount of gimmicks. They would fit the 1/60s ver well on both runways!

You guys are crazy if you think they are not going to try to wallet-rape you on this. Why? Because they KNOW people will pay it, they may bitch and moan, but they will pay it. It's NEVER been done before for one thing, (at least in this scale). Think about the YF-21, $230.00 for that almost 2 yrs ago, granted, it was (and still is) a complex transformation, but the SDF-1 is iconic and going to be in a league all of it's own.

And if they don't get you with this one, they'll get you with a TV version next..."Resistance is Futile, you WILL buy from Yamato..." LOL! I'm gonna say not a DIME under $500, and probably more..... B))

Make it exclusive and I'm going to be really pissed!!!

But if it DOES end up being a highly-overpriced limited-run exclusive...is anyone really going to be shocked by that? Not I... :mellow:

As long as it's not a limited exclusive the DYRL? 1/2000 SDF is on my buy list...

Make it exclusive and I'm going to be really pissed!!!

AMEN BROTHER! If it's an "exclusive", I will simply use the $$$ I have for this to fly to Japan and throw something at Yamato's main office window... :ph34r:

Forget about making toast and coffee! For 500 bucks it'd better be able to spread its legs!

::EDIT::Disclaimer: Don't try to visualize what I just described, you might be scarred for life.

IMO, 500 is WAY too much for this. For that amount, I expect the damn thing to cook toast and make coffee for me in the mornings.
Edited by Dante74

But if it DOES end up being a highly-overpriced limited-run exclusive...is anyone really going to be shocked by that? Not I... :mellow:

There's a 50/50 chance <_<

On the "limited run exclusive" issue. We already know it's going to cost $$$$ (it's a given)!!!!

AMEN BROTHER! If it's an "exclusive", I will simply use the $$$ I have for this to fly to Japan and into Yamato's main office window... :ph34r:

Fixed.

We strike at dawn, gentlemen... Wait. You're all scattered. How am I supposed to coordinate dawn when no two people are in the same time zone? :huh:

Er... Anyway, I'd get 2 of each type, should they make them. Put one in each mode...

Besides, Daedelus Attackâ„¢ owns the ARMD-01 attack...