Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Well - with the Minmei attack, the SDF-1 just broadcast the songs over Zendradi frequency. And I think once Bretai offered his help, the power of the broadcasts increased since I'm sure Bretai had ample equipment and knowledge of Zendradi communications to broadcast the songs to at least his entire fleet, if not the entire Boldoza fleet.

You could ask "why didn't they just turn it off?"

But that's ridiculous. If Lyn Minmei, wearing that pink dress, started nodding and winking at you while singing a love song... would you turn her off?

Pete

Point taken. I definitely won't turn her off. Then again, considering how old I am now, and balding as well, I think I will turn her off. The phrase 'DOM' comes to mind nowadays. :lol:

Unfortunately, real humans cannot stay youthful forever. Maybe that's why there's a recent surge in the number of handsome/beautiful people committing suicide. :unsure::(

Any new updates? like price pics?

I think i would appreciate the news.. cause still hunting for a decent SDF-1.. ^_^

When it was first announced and started making its rounds at the hobby shows in Japan, Yamato reps were quoting an MSRP of 50,000 yen. As of today, the exchange rate puts the price at $522.77 (plus probably $30 to $60 for shipping, considering the nearly 2 1/2 foot length of the thing). But no "official" price has been given yet. So there ya go...a ballpark figure to shoot for.

...plus an extra $75 for the exclusive "Bomba" paint scheme. ^_^

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

When it was first announced and started making its rounds at the hobby shows in Japan, Yamato reps were quoting an MSRP of 50,000 yen. As of today, the exchange rate puts the price at $522.77 (plus probably $30 to $60 for shipping, considering the nearly 2 1/2 foot length of the thing). But no "official" price has been given yet. So there ya go...a ballpark figure to shoot for.

Would everyone stop saying "bomba"? It gets old and annoying. Back on topic: I guess no word on making a TV version?

He's going to kill you guys if you keep posting bombaa---oops I guess he 's going to kill me too. :p anyway where are all he updates on the pictures

I remember they were quoting the same price for the Beagle Mospeada also... I'm just going to wait for actual figures to show up. I don't think any toy that size wuould cost that much. Sure it's big for a Macross toy but I've seen bigger toys go for much less.

I remember they were quoting the same price for the Beagle Mospeada also... I'm just going to wait for actual figures to show up. I don't think any toy that size wuould cost that much. Sure it's big for a Macross toy but I've seen bigger toys go for much less.

How likely is this to go the way of the 1/60 Monster? Or if this does make to the store and sells well, would that increase the likelihood that the Monster may be brought back to life (Punny, I know)??

I really really want this... almost as much as the Monster. :ph34r:

It's still coming, but there is some internal discussion going on at the moment regarding some possible changes.

Graham

If it's the SDF (which I assume) I hope they throw in more mini's to pose around the outside.

/I'm a sucker for minis.

If it's the Monster, they can do whatever, who cares!! 1/60 monster!!!!! :blink:

This is my ultra fav pic, the Macross IS monstrous and legendary (ofcourse it is) and THIS is why i want a 1/2000.

Ahh i can't wait!

hikmis.jpg

My favourite picture too.

The TV series should have ended here, instead of continuing with the "Hmm, I think I should cheat on Misa with Minmay as Minmay's still the girl for me, even though I just risked my life 1 episode ago to save Misa from a collapsing Star Wars Laser base because she's my 1 true love" scenario. :angry::lol:

Edited by blacklotus

What's coming the SDF or the MONSTER?

SDF-1.

However, there is some internal discussion going on at the moment, as to whether to keep it at 1/2000 or make it a bit smaller and thus more affordable and easier for people to display.

Personally, I'm on the side that says make it smaller. I think 1/3000 or 1/3500 would be fine.

Graham

SDF-1.

However, there is some internal discussion going on at the moment, as to whether to keep it at 1/2000 or make it a bit smaller and thus more affordable and easier for people to display.

Personally, I'm on the side that says make it smaller. I think 1/3000 or 1/3500 would be fine.

Graham

This is difficult. I for one think 1/2000 is too big to keep or display. On the other hand, the 1/2000 size is fking massive and impressive that it would wow anyone who sees it.

But then I think many people would give up because it's too big (difficult to justify with wives or parents). I agree that 1/3000 would be nice enough and more "easy" to buy.

This is difficult. I for one think 1/2000 is too big to keep or display. On the other hand, the 1/2000 size is fking massive and impressive that it would wow anyone who sees it.

But then I think many people would give up because it's too big (difficult to justify with wives or parents). I agree that 1/3000 would be nice enough and more "easy" to buy.

For years many of us have wanted to acquire a larger SDF that towers over our collections (myself included) and now there is talk of a smaller 1/3000 version. Lame. <_<

Keep it 1/2000 and just make improvements on it with more details and whatnot.

Either way, if Yamato is going to release a 1/2000 or 1/3000 it is going to be expensive. Just by making it smaller does not justify it to anyone else but ourselves. In a narrow perspective I'd think you'ld get more bang for the buck on the 1/2000, even at $500 a pop.

SDF-1.

Graham

Graham Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i want BIG!!! lol If you did this is the FIRSt time i don't want Yamato to listen to you. lol

Keep it big or make it BIGGER.

AND what of the 1/2000 valks? make them even smaller? LAME.

Let's VOTE.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I am just speaking on behalf of a community with a small home... :wacko:

I would have wished for a 1/2000 if I am still living in North America (studied university there), a whole basement to be filled up. But now as a poor soul living in a crowded city (Tokyo, Hong Kong) I find a 1/2000 SDF appealing but difficult.

No flames please! :(

Edited by ff95gj