Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Yep those be mini valks there are a total of 10 in the picture. 7 on the display case and 3 sitting on the top of the canons of the SDF-1.

I'm sold.

:ph34r:

Byebye my beloved monies.

Shipping??? I wish it could perform a fold-jump and instantly appear at my door.

Expensive is only one of my concerns, the hugeness is really THE most relevante issue for me...anyway, it will make me happy to just see this behemoth on display, so if any of you guys will buy it, please let me bring a six-pack, some snacks and just sit there and watch the thing for a few hours with the DYRL? OST playing in the background.

For crying out loud! First you get people complaining about the WAVE SDF-1 being too small. Now Yamato is putting out a larger scale SDF-1 and people are coming out of the woodwork complaining that it is too big. I give up.

OK, had to get that off my chest. :mellow:

Don't give up on me man! I never complained about the size of the WAVE, I just never liked it for it's price tag and clumsy transformation...and I am not complaining because Yamato is putting out this huge version, I am complaining I don't have the space to display it properly, w/o it looking like a new family member standing in front of the TV or by the dinning table.

I don't blame Yamato for putting out something big. It gives the consumer more choices. Want small? Go Wave. Want big? Go Yamato. Want bigger? Build your own.

I think a big issue is just plunking down 600-700 USD in one go. Figure collectors spend 70-100 on each figure, and it adds up to be around the same, but buying 7 separate items over a period of time doesn't seem as alarming as buying a single expensive figure. It's just a mentality thing, especially when people don't have spare cash.

I support Yamatos decision, but I wasn't ready to put down $600 for a single large figure this year that wasn't the VB-6 or the HWR. I do hope that Yamato continues producing large collectibles though. Just means we need more space! (Also make sure to make the joints and limbs strong enough to hold up our other VFs when we start running out of room and need to stack them on top of each other)

It's not the size but the one time cash dropping price tag. I don't mind dropping money for the 21,1,19 but those are better buys. So I am agreeing that it cost to much to drop 700. At one time come on for that price you can buy a 3 day trip to Kauai on pleasant holidays. Or even a laptop. Yamato is just , plain and simple here. Rip us off. Milk us yeah! Make it big but make the price tag big also. Yamato's company slogan "price gouge macross fans"

i wonder if Yamato will consider adding the number of the tiny valks.

i'm thinking i'll need about 60 or so tiny valks & destroids to go with this thing.

a couple of valk squadrons doesn't feel right, given the scale & awesomeness of the thing.

if the accessories make the toy, then it has to be at least 30 valks & 30 assorted destroids.

think about it, the 1/48 GBP has about 60 detachable missiles too. tons of micro valks & destroids should be easy.

Just a quick comparison note: the Toynami Alpha/Beta fighter combo is about 16 inches in length (with a wingspan of about 17 inches).

The Yamato SDF-1 would only be about 8 to 9 inches longer in length (at around 24 or 25 inches).

Remember too: a good chunk of that length is gonna be due to the height of the main cannons.

If anything, the Yammie SDF-1 in Attacker/Robot mode will probably look just slightly taller than your standard 1/48 VF-1 or your 1/60 Zero or Plus fighter.

Dem' main cannons cause tricky issues with the "perceived height" of the SDF-1.

I am sold with the SDF-1 but I hope Yamato would not come out with another web-exclusive weathering special version otherwise I would come to Tokyo and raze their office to the ground :lol: Having one sdf-1 is going burn a hole through my wallet, having a exclusive version would deflate my wallet in an instant :)

I wonder if Yamato will put out a Deadalus and Prometheus separately to convert to a TV version. I think it would be cool to have the DYRL SDF-1 with the TV ships attached. Heck, for the price they are likely to charge it should just come with them already so you can swap.

These days I have to selective about what I buy due to budget reasons. I cannot get everything that I would like. On my list for this and next year will be this Yamato SDF-1, Bandai Macross Quarter, 1/60 Yamato VF-11, and some of the VF100s when they come out with the VF-4, VF-171, etc.

So... I noticed on another wesbite that there was a pic of a 1/2000 SDF Macross from Yamato.

I hastened to this board to see if there was a thread.

I saw (for the one hundredth time) THIS thread.

And then it dawned on me.

For some reason - rather than "1/2000" - I had been seeing "1/200" in the thread by line, and thought that "Macross" refered to the series and not the ship.

So - I didn't enter this thread because I thought "meh - not interested in the 1/200 line - and what's this "today is the day" crap? These were announced and issued like ...ages ago.

Now - too late - 12 pages in - I suddenly realize that this thread deserves attention :)

Pete

Bringing New Meaning to the Term "No-Brainer"

EDIT: Is there a JAPANESE YEN PRICE any where to be found?

Pages and pages and pages of banter about how many dollars this might cost are kind of meaningless what with exchange rate fluctuations. The Yen price will always be the same (well - at least pretty much always). Any word?

Edited by VFTF1

So... I noticed on another wesbite that there was a pic of a 1/2000 SDF Macross from Yamato.

I hastened to this board to see if there was a thread.

I saw (for the one hundredth time) THIS thread.

And then it dawned on me.

For some reason - rather than "1/2000" - I had been seeing "1/200" in the thread by line, and thought that "Macross" refered to the series and not the ship.

So - I didn't enter this thread because I thought "meh - not interested in the 1/200 line - and what's this "today is the day" crap? These were announced and issued like ...ages ago.

Now - too late - 12 pages in - I suddenly realize that this thread deserves attention :)

Pete

Bringing New Meaning to the Term "No-Brainer"

EDIT: Is there a JAPANESE YEN PRICE any where to be found?

Pages and pages and pages of banter about how many dollars this might cost are kind of meaningless what with exchange rate fluctuations. The Yen price will always be the same (well - at least pretty much always). Any word?

I was wondering where you'd gone. 50,000 yen seems to be the number most commonly thrown around, but no real data yet.

it looks awesome but you know its going to be a rip. i forsee a ridiculous price tag on this beast(not to mention the cost of shipping) but i'm sure people will be lining up to buy it.

i would've been content with a 1/3000 scale one, the same size as the matchbox one.

50 thousand yen would be pretty cheap.

Considering that the Yen is a bit undervalued in today's economy - I'd say there's a fair chance of 50,000 yen being about 300 to 400 USD by the time this thing comes out. Right now it's about 500 give or take - which is pretty steep, sure... But from the point of view of Japanese Yen prices - this thing is cheap.

Heck - if this is 50 thousand Yen - it's not even twice the price of an SV-51 or YF-21. Granted, those things have more complex engineering going for them.

Anyways - hopefully that will be the final Yen price. Sounds reasonable to me.

But really people outside of Japan shouldn't cheer or complain - for them it all depends on the exchange rate, so no need to fly into a frenzy or anything yet.

Pete

50 thousand yen would be pretty cheap.

if you think that's cheap.

do the math 93 yen = 1 us dollar. whether, going up or down we don't know the final result but 50, 000 yen is too high to be priced at period. it a piece of ABS, POM plastic. over inflated for my price tag.

well - cheap as in "relatively cheap" and "relatively" as in "compared to other items similar to it at various price points and scales.

I'm not saying it's cheap as in "walk into the store and pic up a snickers bar, a bottle of water and a 1/2000 Macross - no bidggie."

Obviously it's an expensive item. I'm just saying that the price sounds ok to me - if that is the price. Sounds reasonable and not that bad. Comparatively cheap.

But of course it's all speculation now.

Maybe our Japanese member friends can sound off on whether that kind of price would be considered reasonable in Japan for such an item at such a scale?

Pete

Price is around what I expected. Brave Max was around that price too, slightly cheaper but not by much. Less detail too. Can't wait to hear more info on this one.

Uh, I'm pretty sure Brave Maximus retailed for about 20,000 yen, or around 200 dollars.

I get what he's saying. My order for the vf-1d and vf-11 at overdrive came out to over 300 dollars. So the SDF-1, is around what I spend in a year for macross toys... but it's 1 toy... that's what people are balking at because no one is thinking, "I'm gonna get this instead of", everyone is thinking, "I'm gonna get this on top of..."

well - cheap as in "relatively cheap" and "relatively" as in "compared to other items similar to it at various price points and scales.

I'm not saying it's cheap as in "walk into the store and pic up a snickers bar, a bottle of water and a 1/2000 Macross - no bidggie."

Obviously it's an expensive item. I'm just saying that the price sounds ok to me - if that is the price. Sounds reasonable and not that bad. Comparatively cheap.

But of course it's all speculation now.

Maybe our Japanese member friends can sound off on whether that kind of price would be considered reasonable in Japan for such an item at such a scale?

Pete

yeah, I agree. Still Yamato should still consider a downsize in price or go to a 1/3000 scale which is more affordable.

would be interesting to see if ppl are going to start and jettison their 1/5000 SDF-1 to make room for this...

Naw, you can have the wave one in one mode, while the yamato one in the other mode!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Macette

I get what he's saying. My order for the vf-1d and vf-11 at overdrive came out to over 300 dollars. So the SDF-1, is around what I spend in a year for macross toys... but it's 1 toy... that's what people are balking at because no one is thinking, "I'm gonna get this instead of", everyone is thinking, "I'm gonna get this on top of..."

Yes, this is correct I'm gonna get this on top of.... 1/60 TV MAX, 1/60 Super VF-1J, along with other yamato stuff.

Edited by indigofx28