Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

I dont really see the point of a smaller Macross. It should overtower the other toys Yamato has. Maybe they'll make a smaller one down the road.

because big is good to a point, but eventually it becomes completely impractical. Realistically how many people who want this actually have room for something that large, let alone are able to just plop down that kind of money for a toy?

I hope there are no compromises to both the cruiser and attack modes, unlike the WAVE one, which had giant air intakes / vents / holes in the former. The pics shown here do look lovely and I'd definitely like to own one although my wallet may have a thing or two to say about that...

because big is good to a point, but eventually it becomes completely impractical. Realistically how many people who want this actually have room for something that large, let alone are able to just plop down that kind of money for a toy?

Realistically enough for them to make a prototype and announce that it's coming out Spring next year?

Looks like an early prototype, missing a lot of detail, but still plenty to get excited about. I'm certainly looking forward to this. Glad we have plenty of time to save up for it, though.

Right. In terms of living space (in Japan), in many urban areas people live in apartments, and the 1/2000 scale is a problem.

Sorry for beating a dead horse but: OH MY F- GOD! O_O

What's the expected price for this? Two, three - thousand?

Alright, that does it. I'm turning the guest room in my house into: "The Yamato Shrine/Mini Temple"

Seriously, I'm happy to see Macross get such an excellent company making high end products for it. I'm extremely grateful to see Yamato to pay so much interest in Macross, and making our dreams of owning these figures in perfect detail and craftsmanship, a reality. :) It's great to be a Macross fan. :D

Edited by OmegaD3k

I say they go big or go home, I hope they keep it this size. I probably wont be able to shell out for one right off, but still the SDF-1 should not be having any valks towering over it. I think making the biggest f*cking Macross toy yet (as far as I know) is actually the right move.

right around 2ft, give or take an inch

Thanks!

Never thought the phase "sleeping on the couch for a month" could be represented in the physical world as a solid object.

Never realized there were so many people who preferred the TV series version. Myself, I'm happy it's the DYRL version, though I hope the TV version fans get some love.

In my case it's mostly out of iconic nostalgia. First SDF-1 I saw as a kid was the one with the cartoony scheme.

The DYRL? certainly looks more imposing and cool. The battleship arms certainly beat the fly swatter hands in my book though.

I'm going to guess those saying this toy is too big have never had the chance to play with similar or even BIGGER toys from the 80's before? I'm talking TF fort max/brave max, GIJoe USS Flagg and the Defiance? Those things were huge and had to be stored under beds but were still bought. You should see the pics of the Flagg with the 1/55's. Out of scale but feels/plays so right because the carrier is BIGGER then the planes.

I'm glad Yamato is making a large scale SDF DYRL. We already have a decent sized TV SDFM 1/3000 from Bandai which I still love because it's big. The Wave SDF while nice is too small and really has no shelf prescence. In cruiser mode SOP Yamato destroys it. In robot mode, just about every single robot out there is bigger. Except for the detail i was disappointed with the wave. It's just not impressive enough to be used as a centre piece which is why my 25yr old Bandai still is.

While I'd have been ecstatic with a 1/3000 size DYRL I'll take a 1/2000 just to have him face off with my Brave Max.

There better be a lot of detail and a lot of cool tricks to warrant the price. I'm sick of toy companies acting like size is a bigger price factor than design. Beyond that, no surprise and I'm looking forward to it.

I have to agree with you on these area. Yamato stop messing with our wallets.

a 1/2000 macross is cool but if they ever decide to make it 1/3000 that would be cool to. then I could display it next to old school bandai sdf-1 and hope that yamato will also make a tv version later.

can someone pls explain to me the differences between tv and dyrl for the sdf-1, maybe with pictures, i always thoughed they looked the same, maybe just different color.

Hi, you can check on Macross Mecha Manual :) A great site...

TV

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/sdfmacross/macross.htm

DYRL

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossdyrl/macross-dyrl.htm

btw I'm a big fan of DYRL Ver. :wub:

Edited by charger69

ok, thanks charger69, i looked and looked at the two, and the differences i can visualy see are the color and the arms, other than that, they look like the same to me. So what makes people like the tv better than the dyrl?

More realistic look due to the color choice, and of course DYRL Opening Scene Woahhhhh! :)

I'm shocked how some are actually complaining about the size of the Yamato SDF-1, Thats its too big!! The original SDF-1 from the 80's is about 16 inches tall in fortress mode, and its a good sized toy, just add 8" more, sounds perfect too me. Its not like this thing is 10 ft long!!

And once this SDF-1 sells out faster that sh*t, a TV version will definitely follow, guaranteed!!!! B))

The TV and DYRL versions are actually shaped rather differently. Yamato would probably have to make an all new sculpt for the TV version. Elsewise there would be no end of nerd rage.

TV version for me. It's the one I saw first, and the one that made it through 36 episodes of classic anime.