Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

I agree that the short neck of 25S ticks me off. But I am looking forward to a fix for the neck; it's not just an empty hope, because on the official site they said they are looking into the problem along with the head cannons.

BTW, that photo is a custom made of the Armor parts, not a sample from the model kit if I read correctly.

LOL, the VF-25S has a neck, if you own one and it doesn't have a neck you transforming it wrong

Sweet! I didn't notice that they provided the normal gunpod as well. That's great! The Alto and Ozma doesn't have a problem with the landing gear covers though, so what exactly is the problem with the landing gear covers on the Michael? Also, does the Michael have the additional holes on the back plate?

Re: Ozma Armoured Pack: I never knew that the arms of the VF had additional armour as well! Are they additional lasers or missile launchers? Also, the wing pod laser cannons seem to be a little shorter than the lineart. I hope it has full articulation!

Edited by edwin3060

Okay. So it's pretty obvious that the leg armor will their own landing gears.

But wouldn't this create one heck of an offset with the tiny front landing gear?

So it's the same size as an unarmored Yamato Valkyrie? Excellent!! (yes I still hate on Yamato for their big empty boxes.) Can't wait for more pics and then it's to deciding if I want to wait until I go to HK in Oct to get Mikhail/Lucas or try to hunt them down now.

Suggest that you get it soon. They are going fast here in Hong Kong, and those that remain will probably have ridiculous prices like the Alto version.

Sorry, took me a while to find out where the sniper rifle was stored. Didn't realise it was stuck at the bottom of the second plastic tray (I can be very blind sometimes). Anyways, I just checked and, unless I didn't do it correctly, looks like the sniper rifle does get in the way of the landing gear when attached in fighter mode. The rear ones have no problem, but the front one just doesn't touch the ground (see pics). I personally think this is a minor flaw because the rifle simply kicks ass!

As for the rear landing gear covers, the one on the left hand side doesn't close tightly, while the right hand side one is too tight. I am already getting paint chip, sigh....

Also read that in battroid mode with the fast packs on, the toy can't stand on its own, hence Bandai gave us the display stand. Haven't confirmed this myself, but will try soon.

I am not a good toy reviewer (have very low standards and just the fact that they are making a toy out of the VF-25G already satisfies me). So will let other MWers have the honor. :lol:

post-398-1237573141_thumb.jpg

post-398-1237573256_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ivan

Well the sniper rifle interfering with the landing gear was expected. Don't worry about how you are doing as a reviewer! Just giving us your impressions will be plenty-- that and lots of pics! I can't wait to see it with super packs on and in gerwalk (see if the wings sag) and battroid (neck issue with super pack on)!

i have ozma and yes have neck but very short also the awful laser cannons and no crystal visor do the worst dx in comparision with the other macross f valkyries

my only hope is that someone make a new head with long neck, hard plastic laser cannons and crystal visor

a man can dream

Sorry, took me a while to find out where the sniper rifle was stored. Didn't realise it was stuck at the bottom of the second plastic tray (I can be very blind sometimes). Anyways, I just checked and, unless I didn't do it correctly, looks like the sniper rifle does get in the way of the landing gear when attached in fighter mode. The rear ones have no problem, but the front one just doesn't touch the ground (see pics). I personally think this is a minor flaw because the rifle simply kicks ass!

As for the rear landing gear covers, the one on the left hand side doesn't close tightly, while the right hand side one is too tight. I am already getting paint chip, sigh....

Also read that in battroid mode with the fast packs on, the toy can't stand on its own, hence Bandai gave us the display stand. Haven't confirmed this myself, but will try soon.

I am not a good toy reviewer (have very low standards and just the fact that they are making a toy out of the VF-25G already satisfies me). So will let other MWers have the honor. :lol:

In fighter mode, does the rifle require two clips to connect? I see a clip connecting the rifle to the crotch piece and was wondering if that was in addition to the existing clip used for the normal rifle or in place of.

Mikhail's looks a lot better to me for some reason. Maybe the blue color alters how the proportions look?

If they really do fix Ozma's, I may pick up an armored Ozma. (1mm more neck won't be enough--it needs to REALLY be fixed)

ahhh, i thought the rifle was too long that it'd reach the front landing gears, it's actually too bulky + the fact that the front landing gear is too short that's the problem... no worries w/ the reviewing, man, your insights and esp. pics w/ SPs (hint, hint ^_^ ) are much appreciated...

BTW, LOL... can't believe you slept on it... the excitement of getting it must've sapped you of your energy :lol: ... and if you won't mind, how much is it going for there? ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

Mikhail's looks a lot better to me for some reason. Maybe the blue color alters how the proportions look?

Possibly- it's a darker and stronger color than any of the other versions.

One thing for me is I like the head design slightly more on the -G than any of the others. (The -S comes in second.)

"minor flaw"? didnt mean to be disrespectful bro, but THAT is no minor flaw :(

Can i say, we've been "Bandai-ed"? :unsure:

come on Bandai, for the pricepoint on this baby?!!!!!

the ugly and short landing gears are now back to haunt the G variant, in the worst possible way :angry:

Edited by Gastric

"minor flaw"? didnt mean to be disrespectful bro, but THAT is no minor flaw :(

Can i say, we've been "Bandai-ed"? :unsure:

come on Bandai, for the pricepoint on this baby?!!!!!

the ugly and short landing gears are now back to haunt the G variant, in the worst possible way :angry:

You won't be "Bandai-ed" unless you are willing to buy it, after knowing its 'non-minor' flaw. And they don't owe you anything either, as if they promised you personally to make the greatest VF-25 with all the features you want to see. ^_^ Bandai messed up a bit here and there on the VF-25, but the bashing is getting a bit old.

Its a bit disappointing for it to not house the sniper rifle properly with enough ground clearance. But I wouldn't blow it out of proportion. The Yamato display stand doesn't allow my 1/48 Super VF-1 to house the gun pod in fighter mode either (also not enough clearance from the arm). But I don't consider myself 'Yamatoed' in this case (unless something broke like in other cases), and still consider Yamato's stand as one cool display add-on for my VF-1.

All im seeing is the first batch of macross dx vf-25G's on ebay atm and they're all over priced by scalpers hoping to get a sucker to buy an early release... With shipping the item is about 250 USD on ebay... Id rather wait till HLJ comes out with it on their site for the much mo0re reasonable price or 180 to 200USD...

I've was able to watch Vol. 1 -5 of Macross Frontier recently. Not only is it a lot better than I thought; the 4 pilots play such an integral role in the story line. Now I'm more and more inclined to get them all.

So far I got Alto (and PO'ed the super-pack), I guess the logical combos next would be Ozma+Armor, Michael then get the Fold Booster, and Luca then get the Ghost Pack. Crap, I will have spend over a G after this is all done... and maybe more to come?

All im seeing is the first batch of macross dx vf-25G's on ebay atm and they're all over priced by scalpers hoping to get a sucker to buy an early release... With shipping the item is about 250 USD on ebay... Id rather wait till HLJ comes out with it on their site for the much mo0re reasonable price or 180 to 200USD...

Anime-Export has them in stock and is pretty cheap only 14400 yen.. I already got mine ordered from them and on the way =)

Just back to HK today after a 4 day business trip to Singapore (absoulutely beautiful city, BTW, really would like to go back there again).

Anyway picked up two VF-25G from my regular supplier in Tai Po at lunch today. Paid HK$1,300 each (about US$167.74 each).

Won't have time to play with them until after my son goes to bed tonight though.

Graham

OK, so just spent about half an hour with the toy.

Started off in fighter mode and added the Super parts, then transformed it to battoid mode.

The toy looks great with the Super parts in both fighter and battroid mode (haven't tried gerwalk yet), but there's a couple of negative points about the Super parts, I've found so far: -

1. The hip/intake armor is really unsecure and falls off at the slightest touch. :(
  2. The crotch armor can only be attached in battroid mode and has to be removed for fighter or gerwalk modes. :(

Oh and a minor complaint but one I knew about, was I would have liked the 'SMS' letters on the display stand to be prepainted in yellow, instead of being unpainted.

Graham

They also bend upwards on the 1/72 and 1/100. What's your point?

No...The 1/100 and 1/72 have straight and nice wings.

In fact I think they did a fantastic job on the 1/72.

1/100 is a toy and it's done quit nicely if one does not mind parts swapping.

Yet the flaws appears on the most expensive versions of the VF-25, thats my point.