Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

well, the SP's/Armor Packs/FP's will usually cost cheaper if you get it w/ a bundled set... that's if you haven't bought the standalone yet...

and yes, IMO exclusives are always curse-worthy...

re: dreaming... you wouldn't be far from being a "salty fish" if your dreams are eventually crushed... lol :p

Edited by m0n5t3r

well, the SP's/Armor Packs/FP's will usually cost cheaper if you get it w/ a bundled set... that's if you haven't bought the standalone yet...

It's true... most of the times... But...

For the 1/72 kits, the total cost is the same whether it's bundled or not.

For the VF-25S, the armor pack worths... 18000-12000 = 6000 yen

We'll know once the Alto armor pack price is out! ^_^

It's true... most of the times... But...

For the 1/72 kits, the total cost is the same whether it's bundled or not.

For the VF-25S, the armor pack worths... 18000-12000 = 6000 yen

We'll know once the Alto armor pack price is out! ^_^

well, the inflated price is all down to it being exclusive... if these were not exclusive web-shop items i'm pretty sure the prices would be lower than what they are now.

well, the inflated price is all down to it being exclusive... if these were not exclusive web-shop items i'm pretty sure the prices would be lower than what they are now.

Web exclusive means nothing to Japanese; but a big excuse to importers.

YIKES!

I ordered the super part for VF-25S at $450, but what else can I do (except wait)?!

Congrats on your find, Alex

Massive thumbs down on the exclusive Alto armour, with even more booing if it is confirmed that the Armour pack can't fit the first releases. Since Bandai bundled the VF-25S Armour, I though they would be nice enough to bundle the Alto as well! Apparently not! This might just force people to buy the second release Alto and pay through the nose for the Armour pack.

Maybe they are worried about the number of second release Alto's they would sell?

So Armored Alto is gonna be web-shop exclusive? Blech- I should have seen that coming.

Bandai is cutting the Macross fans throat....and bleeding us dry with this Frontier franchise.

So many things that were done to this recent release of VF-25(s) like non-fast packs, bundled armour, weapons pack and even fold booster that will not fit into the 1st issues?

If only Yamato get to produce Frontier models. :angry:

LOL, right, 'cause Yamato's track record is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

YF-19, meet YF-19 BUNDLE!

1st edition 1/60, meet SUPER EDITION 1/60

1st edition 1/60, meet SECOND EDITION 1/60

1st edition 1/60, meet 1/48 vf-1!

1st edition 1/72 toys, meet SUPER edition 1/72 toys!

1st edition 1/48, meet 2nd edition 1/48!

i think that's HK$... don't know though if it's for 1/60 or 1/72...

Cuz I have been talking to m0n5t3r (and he knows I live in Hong Kong), so I talked in HK$ wihtout knowing it...

And that's the DX VF-25S super parts.

Sorry for the confusion.

LOL, right, 'cause Yamato's track record is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

YF-19, meet YF-19 BUNDLE!

1st edition 1/60, meet SUPER EDITION 1/60

1st edition 1/60, meet SECOND EDITION 1/60

1st edition 1/60, meet 1/48 vf-1!

1st edition 1/72 toys, meet SUPER edition 1/72 toys!

1st edition 1/48, meet 2nd edition 1/48!

I understand that the Super Edition sucks...

But the second editions are welcome as it's years after v1.

Do you wish a third edition WITH VAST IMPROVEMENT in 7 years? I certainly do. Although at this point, I can't think of enough things for 1/60 v2 to improve to qualify for a v3.

Just the same if Bandai is issuing a new line of 1/55 VF-1s, but not just re-issue of the chunky monkeys, I doubt anyone would complain.

(YF-19 bundle.. we can buy the fold pack separately... Or is there an old YF-19 that we can't?)

(YF-19 bundle.. we can buy the fold pack separately... Or is there an old YF-19 that we can't?)

Yes, the original YF-19 1/60 does work with the accessories released later. That was just more a comparison to the complaint where a lot of people would prefer a bundle here, expect a bundle here, and would rather buy a bundle here. When the YF-19 Bundle was released several people kicked themselves or sold off their first editions to buy that instead (with fixed gun no less).

Yes, the original YF-19 1/60 does work with the accessories released later. That was just more a comparison to the complaint where a lot of people would prefer a bundle here, expect a bundle here, and would rather buy a bundle here. When the YF-19 Bundle was released several people kicked themselves or sold off their first editions to buy that instead (with fixed gun no less).

Thanks for telling. That's certainly curse-worthy.

Well, best day evar.

Found a 2100en 1/60 Alto.

The reason for the low price? The guy at the store told me that it was broken at the neck. I look, only to find that it has been modded with the white double-hinged Revoltech joint. In my mind, i was like "but that makes it even cooler! Broken!?

Next he tells me that it's all marked and dirty. Yep, with a pretty cool custom paintjob.

He then tells me that it's been befouled with dirty decals. Yeah......which further increase the awesomeness. (and what IS with these "No STEP" decals? Who is walking all over the Valks in the first place?)

So I happily payed the obscenely low amount and plan on selling my boxed Alto.

YAR.

Any chance of some photos?

Quite interested to see the custom work.

Graham

Web Shop Exclusive VF-25F Alto Full Armor Pack Coming Soon!

http://tamashiiwebshouten.jp/

76012242.jpg

I've been thinkng about these webshop exclusives quite a lot over the last few days.

The more I think about it, I think it's probably the way of the future for products for niche franchises such as Macross and it's something we will see more and more of.

From Banda's side, being able to cut out the middlemen such as wholesalers from the equation allows them to make more of a profit and also by taking preorders several months before production starts also gives them a clearer idea of the exact quantity they need to produce.

While it sucks for us fans outside of Japan, we are not Bandai's intended market anyway.

Graham

I've been thinkng about these webshop exclusives quite a lot over the last few days.

The more I think about it, I think it's probably the way of the future for products for niche franchises such as Macross and it's something we will see more and more of.

From Banda's side, being able to cut out the middlemen such as wholesalers from the equation allows them to make more of a profit and also by taking preorders several months before production starts also gives them a clearer idea of the exact quantity they need to produce.

While it sucks for us fans outside of Japan, we are not Bandai's intended market anyway.

Graham

And not to mention that for general toys, the shops do not charge for the full recommended price.

With web exclusive thing, they charge for every penny, I mean, yen.

So I am charged double of what I would pay if I live in Japan. I am already in Asia; and I think most other MWers suffer even more.

Edited by ff95gj

Graham

I don't know. I still get the feeling that this is just a ploy by Bandai to get the hardcore fans to commit early (aka. preorder) so they can first break even on the project by charging full price directly. Then they'll release the bundled packs widely at a later date and maybe lower price for the icing on the cake.

Kinda like how I felt about AnimEigo releasing Macross TV on DVD.

Edited by Vifam7

Last time I think about the build-to-order thing, I was thinking about the Yamato 1/48 Max (and Kakizaki) TV 1A. They are surely niche products.

But Macross Frontier... Now I am not sure. I think it's a big hit in Japan, or just because I am a MWer.

Would someone living in Japan shred some light? Does MF ever get close to Gundam 00?

Well, best day evar.

Found a 2100en 1/60 Alto.

The reason for the low price? The guy at the store told me that it was broken at the neck. I look, only to find that it has been modded with the white double-hinged Revoltech joint. In my mind, i was like "but that makes it even cooler! Broken!?

Next he tells me that it's all marked and dirty. Yep, with a pretty cool custom paintjob.

He then tells me that it's been befouled with dirty decals. Yeah......which further increase the awesomeness. (and what IS with these "No STEP" decals? Who is walking all over the Valks in the first place?)

So I happily payed the obscenely low amount and plan on selling my boxed Alto.

YAR.

Pics please.

-Kyp

Someone answer my question!

I cried a little.

Making me feel all unloved.

...and postponing me from buying it with my preorder. =P

I remember seeing photos with DX on these stands. They were in battroid mode.

Can't answer further...

Someone answer my question!

I cried a little.

Making me feel all unloved.

...and postponing me from buying it with my preorder. =P

I remember seeing photos with DX on these stands. They were in battroid mode.

Can't answer further...

don't worry chewie, there's plenty of love to go around at macross world :D

so regarding your question, yes it works for the DX as well,

you may refer to here for pics on the action stand:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dxf01vf25s/02.html

after careful observation though,

you can see it doesnt really work for GERWALK mode

also i suspect the peg doesnt really secure the battroid mode.

don't worry chewie, there's plenty of love to go around at macross world :D

so regarding your question, yes it works for the DX as well,

you may refer to here for pics on the action stand:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dxf01vf25s/02.html

after careful observation though,

you can see it doesnt really work for GERWALK mode

also i suspect the peg doesnt really secure the battroid mode.

Thanks again. I was kidding about the love, I know it's all giggles and gumdrops around here. (unless we're talking about a toy or movie that hasn't come out yet.) :p

I want to use it for fighter mode anyway. Mikhail's with armor looks amazing as you can see here.

I don't know. I still get the feeling that this is just a ploy by Bandai to get the hardcore fans to commit early (aka. preorder) so they can first break even on the project by charging full price directly. Then they'll release the bundled packs widely at a later date and maybe lower price for the icing on the cake.

Kinda like how I felt about AnimEigo releasing Macross TV on DVD.

Mattel is doing the same with Mattycollector.com, so I agree with Graham... maybe this is the future for products for niche franchises. The only (big) difference is that Mattel ships worldwide.

Or maybe the tamashii shop also ships worldwide and my only barrier is the language? :huh:

edit: sp

Edited by GGemini

Thanks again. I was kidding about the love, I know it's all giggles and gumdrops around here. (unless we're talking about a toy or movie that hasn't come out yet.) :p

I want to use it for fighter mode anyway. Mikhail's with armor looks amazing as you can see here.

first of all to avoid further confusion, those are called "super parts", not "armor".

i wont dare to go as far to use the Gundam action stand for the DX VF-25 with super parts...

its too heavy! even the 1/72 model kit vf-25 with super parts is a bit heavy for it

but come on, the mikhail DX VF-25 that comes with super parts does come with its own display stand anyway,

you shouldnt even be cosidering the gundam stand if your getting mikhail :)

Pics please.

-Kyp

I'll try and take some tonight.

What I don;t get is that most customized Gundam models that Madarake sells usually go for upwards of 60,000 for a customized 1/60.

Why would they buy a customised Valk for what has to be around 1000en at the most?

I guess custom ized 1/60 DXs are not worth much as the purpose of the 1/60 is for it to stand up to a LOT of play. This is more of a display place but should still stand up to handling multiple times. It is clear-coated after all.

And the Revoltech neck mod is really a great little mod.

Edited by Alex

I wonder if the reaction missiles from the weapons set will be able to fit onto the Armored Pack?

Graham

I wish it would, but I suspect not--- from the pictures of the resin prototypes the whole missile + launching rack/clip seems to be moulded as one part? Maybe the Alto web exclusive will come with reaction missiles while the Ozma bundle will not.

I wish it would, but I suspect not--- from the pictures of the resin prototypes the whole missile + launching rack/clip seems to be moulded as one part? Maybe the Alto web exclusive will come with reaction missiles while the Ozma bundle will not.

I doubt they would have 2 molds for Alto and Ozma.

first of all to avoid further confusion, those are called "super parts", not "armor".

i wont dare to go as far to use the Gundam action stand for the DX VF-25 with super parts...

its too heavy! even the 1/72 model kit vf-25 with super parts is a bit heavy for it

but come on, the mikhail DX VF-25 that comes with super parts does come with its own display stand anyway,

you shouldnt even be cosidering the gundam stand if your getting mikhail :)

Ya know, I always call it armor and my roomate calls me on it all the time. Haha Sorry.

I didn't know the stand I linked was a Gundam stand. It's a S.M.S. version Action Stand. Seemed appropriate to use with any of them really. I just didn't know if it'd hold the weight of the DX.