Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

I am DEFINITELY getting a Shadow Beta. It would be silly for them to NOT make it. They already have the mold... it's just a repaint. At the very least make it an rt.com exclusive.

Edited by Uxi

I am DEFINITELY getting a Shadow Beta. It would be silly for them to NOT make it. They already have the mold... it's just a repaint. At the very least make it an rt.com exclusive.

Make that +1, i already have the other 3 now i will have alle Alpha/Beta combo's :D

Pop quiz: Were the red and green or even Shadow Treads ever seen in Mospeada? I can't remember seeing them but it's been a LONG time since I've seen Mospeada. :unsure:

I feel like the green ones were, at least maybe in orbit attached to LEGIOSSes, during the final battle, but I may be remembering wrong.

The only Tread that does not make an appearance in Mospeada is a red Tread. The Green Tread is present in the first battle, the blue throughout the series, and the dark tread is witnessed exploding as the group arrives at the Invid victory near Reflex Point in like the third to the last episode.

I've been looking to complete my Beta collection for a while and would definitely like to buy the Shadow Beta... I'd pass on a Shadow Chronicles version.

I feel like the green ones were, at least maybe in orbit attached to LEGIOSSes, during the final battle, but I may be remembering wrong.

The only Tread that does not make an appearance in Mospeada is a red Tread. The Green Tread is present in the first battle, the blue throughout the series, and the dark tread is witnessed exploding as the group arrives at the Invid victory near Reflex Point in like the third to the last episode.

I've been looking to complete my Beta collection for a while and would definitely like to buy the Shadow Beta... I'd pass on a Shadow Chronicles version.

Thanks guys :)

Nice pics troyness. B))

Finally had some free time and figured out how to transform my Ride Armor!! B))

I am about to attempt once again to transform my 2 Beagles this weekend, (this will only be my 2nd attempt) after having them in storage for awhile....patience young padawan...patience.... :rolleyes::huh: :huh:

I am about to attempt once again to transform my 2 Beagles this weekend, (this will only be my 2nd attempt) after having them in storage for awhile....patience young padawan...patience.... :rolleyes::huh: :huh:

Major patience, but worth it when your done! Theres a few parts where you might be worried the parts are fragile, but shes well built! Post some pics when ya get time! B))

What's a fair price on a Toynami Masterpiece Blue Beta anymore? I see that a lot of stores (even money hungry BBTS) have slashed the prices. Since BBTS only wants $99 for one, are there other places that are significantly cheaper b/c BBTS is usually overpriced? I've been wanting to pick up one of these since they came out, but knew the price would drop eventually. Thinking now might be a good time to get one...

Good buy. The beta is Toynami's only produced transforming toy that seems sturdy and well built, although, I must say that I can't stand the brick legs. What's the point of having so much die cast? It did make the legs super floppy. That's my only gripe with it. Other than that, it's a nice toy.

The brick legs is to offset the weight of the alpha in combined fighter mode. I have some issues with the sculpt, and i think the cockpit/chest solution was just lazy, but it's definitely a well built toy and that's the only one of Toynami's products I would say that about. $80 is a fantastic price, I would love to pick up the green and red if I can find them for that kind of price.

Agh, forgot the post office closed at 1 today. Now my CMs Legioss/Tread is still there... open 8-5... means I gotta take a day off or go in late or leave way early... most likely I wanna take a day off anyway.

The brick legs is to offset the weight of the alpha in combined fighter mode. I have some issues with the sculpt, and i think the cockpit/chest solution was just lazy, but it's definitely a well built toy and that's the only one of Toynami's products I would say that about. $80 is a fantastic price, I would love to pick up the green and red if I can find them for that kind of price.

Yeah, I realize that, but it then goes back to the alphas having so much damn die cast. It doesn't serve any purpose in these, except weight, and it chips. In either case, it maybe a solution to one problem, but again, it brings the other problems (floppy legs, chipping, loss in posability).

If they have a green one and F&S, I'll get one over there next weekend. That's the only one I'm missing.

All comes back to what Toynami should do and that's a v2 Alpha. Get rid of the die-cast, get tolerances right to get rid of the arch and incorporate the new tricks they picked up from their Aoshima partnership (ratcheted joints, etc). As good as it is, it could a v2 Beta could follow with a retracting connecting bar/cradle, folding landing gear, as well as the missiles in the shoulders. That's more of a refinement, though.

All comes back to what Toynami should do and that's a v2 Alpha. Get rid of the die-cast, get tolerances right to get rid of the arch and incorporate the new tricks they picked up from their Aoshima partnership (ratcheted joints, etc). As good as it is, it could a v2 Beta could follow with a retracting connecting bar/cradle, folding landing gear, as well as the missiles in the shoulders. That's more of a refinement, though.

I'm all for a V.2 Alpha, 1 Scott, 1 Rook and at least 3 each of the Green & Shadow Alpha's.

So far the Beta is getting very good reviews so probably no need for a V.2 Beta anytime soon, but a all new, Non-Diecast Alpha is needed!! B))

Yeah, I realize that, but it then goes back to the alphas having so much damn die cast. It doesn't serve any purpose in these, except weight, and it chips.

The diecast is there because Toynami wanted to produce a classic-style anime robot toy - which means diecast has gotta be there!

A giant robot isn't the same without the diecast...

Yeah, I realize that, but it then goes back to the alphas having so much damn die cast. It doesn't serve any purpose in these, except weight, and it chips. In either case, it maybe a solution to one problem, but again, it brings the other problems (floppy legs, chipping, loss in posability).

Granted, I'm not posing the Beta kicking down doors or anything.

But I wouldn't call the Beta's legs "floppy." Heavy, yes. But certainly not floppy, especially with the ratchet joints it has in place.

When they unveiled the Beta, I was more worried of the legs flopping in bomber mode. Thankfully, the designers added a bunch of additional connection points to keep the legs locked and in place.

I really haven't experienced any chipping on the legs either. If anything, the large gap between the legs and the overhead array in bomber mode has kept any potential chipping to a minimum.

Well, I officially bought a Blue Beta today! Just gotta wait for it to arrive now. Got it for the same $80 price, but with $15 for shipping on top of that. :)

Either way, a beta for under $100 seems reasonable given the reviews, size, and diecast content.

I also plan to make a cover to hide the cockpit in robot mode, anyone interested? Thinking about maybe making some missile clip on parts for the shoulders since Toynami didn't include any. Are there really any other things Toynami excluded or messed up?

Hey guys, I've heard mention of an easy modification that can be made to the hips of the CM Legioss to increase the range of motion but I haven't been able to find any photos or details. I figured this would be a good place to check. Lemme know if you've got anytyhing. Thanks!

So far the Beta is getting very good reviews so probably no need for a V.2 Beta anytime soon, but a all new, Non-Diecast Alpha is needed!! B))

Call it a running refinement, or whatever, but a telescoping and/or folding connecting bar with detents should be more than doable. Integrated landing gear should be trivially easy to engineer in there, too.

Got my first CMS (Dark Legioss from HLJ half off!, my Blue Legioss/Tread with upgrade parts is still at the Post Office).

Fighter:

I really like the way they handled the wingroots on the nose. I hate hate hate the way they did the legs, particularly not having any locks. The arms also desperately need pegs to connect the shoulders to the forearm. They should have done the vertical stabilizers different (more like the Yamato VF-11). Not sure that there's any salvaging the legs, though. Has anyone tried to put legs from a Masterpiece Alpha on one of these things?

Soldier:

Great articulation in the arms, like the waist articulation. Pretty solid competitor with the Masterpiece, which outside of the exploding arms is still pretty good.

Edited by Uxi

Picked up the CMS blue Eta Legioss/Tread combo with upgrade parts. That seller was pretty good... I just haven't been home to sign for the package and it's been sitting at the post office.

Legioss:

The hips are MUCH floppier than the Dark Legioss and one of the feet is really loose, as well. In partially dissecting the leg, to tighten the screw, I noticed an area that should have been included with more upgrade parts... they should have included a new leg Panel (with missile launchers) with a peg/detent to connect ot the arm and hold it together in fighter. I'm not seeing near as many screws on the arms, but the way this thing should be is to have a 2 connecting points on the forearms... one would connect the arm to the inner edge of the wing and the second would be right next to that one, slightly longer and connec the arm directly to the inner leg.

Tread:

Definitely much smaller (pilots alone show it' way out of scale) and generally cheaper feeling than the Masterpiece Beta but a decent Beta on it's own. I definitely like the shoulder missiles and like it's method for handling the cockpit. The upgrade parts are a bit puzzling... seeing how the connection is a big bag of fail anyway, I'll probably put the angular ones back. The Masterpiece/Aoshima doors open all the way In the perfect world, Masterpiece Beta v2 would do this for the cockpit/chest.

The connection mechanism is a giant bag of fail, of course, as numerous other reviews have pointed out.

Modifications I see in the near future... dremel/cut a small slot into the shoulder so that the tail fins can fully retract into the arm. Connecting bar attachment. It does bend up but is at the wrong angle to keep the Legioss close to the Tread when connected. I can see trying to rig something up so that it's at the raised spot... And maybe try to frankenstein some Masterpiece Alpha legs on there... maybe followed by a repaint.

And maybe try to frankenstein some Masterpiece Alpha legs on there... maybe followed by a repaint.

I've been daydreaming of doing that myself. The Aoshima legs could do the trick since the legs are better looking and the color is brighter/closer to the CM's. Anyone here knows if the legs of the Aoshima Legioss have as many breakage reports as the rest of the toy?

Modifications I see in the near future... dremel/cut a small slot into the shoulder so that the tail fins can fully retract into the arm.

I just performed this surgery on my newly owned CM Red Legioss, except I shortened the tail fin lengths so they only protrude out enough to see a sliver of the white striping. I wasn't worried about the fins sticking out a little, like you said, the Alpha/Beta linkup is all kinds of fail, and I will never display them that way. I'll take pics some time.

Do you have any pics?

One thing I've noticed is Fighter/Arm stability is also much improved when you use the center piece missile launcher (Stick/Eta) and/or the Synchro-cannon (Dark). Fighter/Legs are still bad, though. All it needs is another connection point or two to the legs and it would be perfectly stable.