Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Its cool derex3592, when its comes to Toynami, we all have to Vent once in awhile!! :D

Heres a better idea, who ever is making the Betas/Treads for Toynami, get them to make an updated version of the Alpha,Legioss. Ditch the Die-cast if needed! And yes, some Enemy mecha would be nice!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

Puke......gag......gross...yuck...... <_<

here's an idea for the genuises at Toynami.....throw that Alpha mold in nearest trash can and concentrate on something NEW like..oh, I don't know,.......ENEMY INVID MECHA........ :lol:

sorry...had to vent.

Oh FREAKING Absolutely!!!!!!! Hate that friggin character - hate that stupid pink color scheme! Hate that they've wasted so much time and energy on something I will never want or care about. And I'm their target audience; owning all Alphas and Betas released to this point.

You can't tell me, enemy mech or not, that a Masterpiece Invid Command ship released in 3 versions would not triple the sales of that stupid pink SC piece of garbage!!

vented along with you . . .

post-8486-1265230576_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265230584_thumb.jpg

Were all doing a bit of venting, if only Toynami read out Posts more often.

I have all the Alphas & Betas. I just wanted an non disintegrating Maia to finish off the list... But I can live without it if they'd made some frakking Invid mecha!

Better yet, forget the Damn Alphas, get the molds & make Lancer & Rooks Cyclones!! (As if that will ever happen)

For Toynami to do the Invid Command Battloids and Cyclones (paying for the Beagle work to date and going from there) RIGHT will probably take waiting until after the recession, say 4 years to even get started.

And if that's what it takes to do it right I'm OK with that.

Waited 20+ years for the beta, I know how to wait . . .

For Toynami to do the Invid Command Battloids and Cyclones (paying for the Beagle work to date and going from there) RIGHT will probably take waiting until after the recession, say 4 years to even get started.

And if that's what it takes to do it right I'm OK with that.

Waited 20+ years for the beta, I know how to wait . . .

AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTLY!

I can wait for the Beagle Bike line to finish later, after this recession, but sadly, we all know, it never will. My problem is this.....Toynami or HG, whomever you wanna blame, CAN NOT seriously think any of this Shadow Chronicles crap will sell well. I mean, yeah, OK, I went to SEE THE MOVIE IN THE THEATER, I BOUGHT THE DVD (watched once)..AND BOUGHT THE BLU-RAY just to see if MAYBE the CG looked better in high def..which NO, it actually looks kinda worse). ANYWAY..... I think I did my part to support their "efforts"....if you can call it that. I have all 3 Toynami Alphas, a Beta, and the 2 Beagle Bikes, (which in my opinion WERE the coolest toy last year) and the Beta was I think we can all agree totally awesome and WORTH THE WAIT....so they HAVE to know (we) will buy original Mospeada/New Generation RT stuff....WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO SHAFT US?? Non-tranformable enemy Mecha with maybe a cockpit and pilot??? How hard can that be to develop, I bet they would sell BETTER than this new "Vinyl REGULT BattlePod" that is coming out...don't get me started on the IDIOCY behind that one. Not that I ever purchased any Toynami Masterpiece Veritechs...THANK GOD....(thanks Yamato ver.2), but to people who did, they totally just got shafted to ever have an "in-scale" Battlepod.

OK, sorry guys, just had to get that out there.....

....goes for beer to calm down...... :wacko:

Edited by derex3592

AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTLY!

I can wait for the Beagle Bike line to finish later, after this recession, but sadly, we all know, it never will. My problem is this.....Toynami or HG, whomever you wanna blame, CAN NOT seriously think any of this Shadow Chronicles crap will sell well. I mean, yeah, OK, I went to SEE THE MOVIE IN THE THEATER, I BOUGHT THE DVD (watched once)..AND BOUGHT THE BLU-RAY just to see if MAYBE the CG looked better in high def..which NO, it actually looks kinda worse). ANYWAY..... I think I did my part to support their "efforts"....if you can call it that. I have all 3 Toynami Alphas, a Beta, and the 2 Beagle Bikes, (which in my opinion WERE the coolest toy last year) and the Beta was I think we can all agree totally awesome and WORTH THE WAIT....so they HAVE to know (we) will buy original Mospeada/New Generation RT stuff....WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO SHAFT US?? Non-tranformable enemy Mecha with maybe a cockpit and pilot??? How hard can that be to develop, I bet they would sell BETTER than this new "Vinyl REGULT BattlePod" that is coming out...don't get me started on the IDIOCY behind that one. Not that I ever purchased any Toynami Masterpiece Veritechs...THANK GOD....(thanks Yamato ver.2), but to people who did, they totally just got shafted to ever have an "in-scale" Battlepod.

OK, sorry guys, just had to get that out there.....

....goes for beer to calm down...... :wacko:

maybe a shot or 2 of Jack as well!! B))

Well, when they don't make the toy, get your putties, styrene and all that together, and start working on it. As for Toynami goes, only their betas are of interest....along with the now vaporware Beagle Fuke (Rook).

If Toynami wanted to do something different, they should make a blank Alpha, like Yamato, and let people customize them.

• Toynami Alphas look GREAT on a shelf - just don't touch them or open the window.

• Toynami VFs packaging is still the best, even over Yamato, "so they have that going for them".

-- Here's hoping the battlepod sells in HUGE numbers and the SC alphas BOMB big time.

• If the vinyl battlepod sells very well for them, they'll probably come out with a few variations to milk the mold and then hopefully the glaug. If that all goes well maybe they will take a chance and do a masterpiece Invid Royal Command line. I think it would sell quite well with minimal tooling compared to a transforming mech.

-- Toynami (or CMs!), if you're reading this, please make the cockpit opens and folds down, and includes opening missile hatches please.

SO, while I'm not excited at all about the vinyl pod, I plan to get a few (have 3 revys) to support the release of more obscure or enemy mechs. I hope every Macross fan does the same . . .

• Toynami Alphas look GREAT on a shelf - just don't touch them or open the window.

• Toynami VFs packaging is still the best, even over Yamato, "so they have that going for them".

-- Here's hoping the battlepod sells in HUGE numbers and the SC alphas BOMB big time.

• If the vinyl battlepod sells very well for them, they'll probably come out with a few variations to milk the mold and then hopefully the glaug. If that all goes well maybe they will take a chance and do a masterpiece Invid Royal Command line. I think it would sell quite well with minimal tooling compared to a transforming mech.

-- Toynami (or CMs!), if you're reading this, please make the cockpit opens and folds down, and includes opening missile hatches please.

SO, while I'm not excited at all about the vinyl pod, I plan to get a few (have 3 revys) to support the release of more obscure or enemy mechs. I hope every Macross fan does the same . . .

I will get one...maybe.....does anybody know if it has any moving parts? Is it just a hunk of plastic? And roughly how big is it???

It's a huge hunk of painted vinyl from what we can see with VERY minimal articulation (the battlepod).

LOL. that's about what I expected....par for the course....oh well, I will wait until you get your hands on one for review jenius, then make the call, as I am fairly sure these will end up on someone's discount page sooner than later. <_<

That's why there's no point in supporting Toynami's latest Zentraedi release coming. Revoltech did it right the first time, and very well. I have several of those myself.

As for the blue alphas from Toynami, I think they were probably the best of all of them, as for some reason, the molds and parts seemed to degrade with later releases. Seems like HG and all it's licensees are penny pinching these days.

That's why there's no point in supporting Toynami's latest Zentraedi release coming. Revoltech did it right the first time, and very well. I have several of those myself.

As for the blue alphas from Toynami, I think they were probably the best of all of them, as for some reason, the molds and parts seemed to degrade with later releases. Seems like HG and all it's licensees are penny pinching these days.

I have to say, my blue one has been transformed a few times, and has lost some small pieces, hands mainly, but my green one while I haven't transformed it yet, and may never, seems a little better/tighter for some reason. Red...well...I'm just gonna leave it in fighter mode more than likely. Although now that I know what to look out for after spending a few years with blue, maybe one day when I'm feeling really crazy I'll transform green and red! ^_^

I have to say, my blue one has been transformed a few times, and has lost some small pieces, hands mainly, but my green one while I haven't transformed it yet, and may never, seems a little better/tighter for some reason. Red...well...I'm just gonna leave it in fighter mode more than likely. Although now that I know what to look out for after spending a few years with blue, maybe one day when I'm feeling really crazy I'll transform green and red!

Whoooooaaaaa, you crazy guy! Hahaha. I think I still have about 4 or 5 in bits and pieces for problems like broken hands and all that. I haven't touched my alphas in ages, and I think that's just where they'll stay. And not bragging or anything, but I have 3 of each, so that's a sad thing when you can't even really play with excess toys, cause of fragile engineering.

Man, I'm surprised no one stoned you for mentioning "Toynami" and "Macross fan" in the same post. :lol:

Seriously though, I think Toynami is banking on Robotech fans to buy these vinyl Battlepods. I have 4 of the Revoltechs and don't see anything appealing about the Toynami version. Now if they included optional parts to make the different missile types, I would be all over that, and that would make up for the limited articulation. I'm all for supporting Toynami so that they will bring out other enemy mecha and maybe some character figures, but this is a pretty weak attempt when they have the Revoltech version to go up against for pretty much the same price.

Like I said, I'll get a pod to support more enemy releases.

I really like my Revys, especially the tampo printing, but maybe the Toynami will be much bigger to set it apart.

(oh - and someone mentioned the Matchbox version a while back, please don't, they should STILL be ashamed of themselves, what a piece of garbage)

---------

And vinyl might be OK for the Royal Command MPCs too - just a tinted plastic cockpit cover and maybe the rest can be very simple . . .

post-8486-1265386798_thumb.jpg

Sorry Darrin, I totally disagree with you on most these items. While I would LOVE to have a full high quality Gosu, I think the design really lends itself to something like the Vinyl treatment. There would be no opening missile bay or cockpit but it'd be like a $20 toy which is a lot easier for the toy industry to stomach.

Well - maybe I need to actually own a vinyl toy and stop being so optimistic?

So you mean vinyl cannot work if you're going to have moving parts? Like an opening hatch?

Are you saying if Toynami had taken this exact pod design and made it from nice plastics their cost would have gone up significantly?

As you might guess I could care less what they make the MPC Gosu line out of - just do it well and we will buy . . .

just do it well and we will buy . . .

You and me mate!!! But there's not enough interest for enemy mecha out there to get a company to produce them.

I preordered both Beagle releases to show support, and the line had to be finnally killed after poor sales :wacko:

This might need moved over to Macross toys area but the guns look pretty detailed.

If and when I get it will it have that little hole in the bottom where I can suck up water and chase my twins around the tub squirting them??

I hope its a little better than that . . .

post-8486-1265399228_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

For the $25.00 pre-order price, this Battlepod does look good to me.

But on topic with all things Mospeada, I'm really temped to get another Alpha/Legioss. We all know the Toynami's are a crap shoot of trouble, but what about the "Aoshima" versions, are they any better quality wise??

If and when I get it will it have that little hole in the bottom where I can suck up water and chase my twins around the tub squirting them??

I hope its a little better than that . . .

LOL! I lost it, and almost ruined my monitor with soda, you bastid! :lol: Man, ok. Regained control now. Why vinyl? Who the hell makes collectible toys out of vinyl anymore since Takatoku released those crappy vinyl (it was vinyl, right?) Macross figures?! The last vinyl toy I ever saw was that very limited Galvatron figure that some small company put out. My buddy got the orange "Lava" version. For what they were charging for it, it should have been PVC.

For the $25.00 pre-order price, this Battlepod does look good to me.

But on topic with all things Mospeada, I'm really temped to get another Alpha/Legioss. We all know the Toynami's are a crap shoot of trouble, but what about the "Aoshima" versions, are they any better quality wise??

I have all three Aoshima versions because I liked the fact that they included the extra parts like the missiles under the intakes and the missile pod-thingy on the left arm. I haven't had a total dud yet, but they are on par with the Toynami versions, quality-wise.

Here's the size comparison with Revoltech.

Final product will have tampo printing, and the figure will be semi-gloss finish.

I'll throw that in the mayyyybe column. With some tampo and some added weathering, having like 3 or 5 of them in a static display with some 1:60 ver2's might be kinda cool I guess, for $25.00 or less a pop. Unitil Yamato MAN'S UP and makes a 1:60 version..... :ph34r:

Here's the size comparison with Revoltech.

Final product will have tampo printing, and the figure will be semi-gloss finish.

Other than the articulation, Revoltech has nothing on that Toynami sculpt. That is one nice looking toy.

The Revoltech is too "cartoony" looking, with exagerated gunpods and feet, for my tastes.

[quote name='sidearmsalpha' date='Feb 5 2010, 06:53 PM' post='827612'

I have all three Aoshima versions because I liked the fact that they included the extra parts like the missiles under the intakes and the missile pod-thingy on the left arm. I haven't had a total dud yet, but they are on par with the Toynami versions, quality-wise.

thanks for the heads up sidearmsalpha, I'll take a swing at the Aoshima version. I like the little extra they come with as well. B))