Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

I tried... it's glued together... you have to pop it. I already messed up one set I dont know if I want to do that again with an expensive out of production toy :(

How do you mean "pop it"?

Yeah, I'm looking down the barrel of messing up a set myself to deconstruct it. :(

If there had been a mospeada series sequel maybe it would have increased the chances of seeing beagle fuke from the first series.

I'm happy with my Beagle Rey and think if another company tries to do mospeada in the future they should use this as the measuring stick of what customers will be expecting.

Yamato should have tried to do mospeada toys instead of bubblegum crisis imo. Was there any reason why they aren't?

Bandai has the macross f stuff covered. So that should leave them with time to concentrate some more on 80s mecha shows.

I bought the CMs legious + tread. Bought the Beagle ride armor. Those that didn't buy the ultimate expensive toys: shame shame shame. You could have sold your body on the street or something. Now we can't get Beagle Fuke. Thanks a lot. It will probably be another 20 years before any company attempts to do it again. And it will probably be crappier than the beagle one. That is assuming if the fans are still around for that long. :(

I predict the only thing that might save this is if "Robotech comes to the rescue". Release a new RT series about ride armor soldiers sent out to hunt the inbit and learn the secret behind their shapeshifting powers so they can control this process for the future. (kinda like the evil humans in avatar exploiting the magic floating rocks of the navi - yes cameron might have stole floating rocks from kawamori's macross zero lol)

Come on HG where is the new robotech tv series?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yes. The CMs figure kits are probably the last item for a long time. Speaking of which, does anyone know a shop selling those figure kits? I can't find them anywhere. I know they're out but lots of people I talk to either don't plan on carrying them or have them still listed for Preorder. Not sure what's going on with those.

Yes. The CMs figure kits are probably the last item for a long time. Speaking of which, does anyone know a shop selling those figure kits? I can't find them anywhere. I know they're out but lots of people I talk to either don't plan on carrying them or have them still listed for Preorder. Not sure what's going on with those.

anime-export.com have them on back-order. The other places have indeed sold out.

Edited by Tober

The CM trading figures are actually pretty nice, nothing spectacular or ground breaking but they get the job done. I have to take good pics of mine at some point. I still need to get the standard Stick MOSPEADA though for the riding stick figure. Right now he's riding 2 up with Shinobu, not that that's a totally unenjoyable experience B))

Did anyone else buy the upgraded CMs Blue Legioss/Tread? I'm wondering if my experience thusfar is typical. I essentially got a standard blue legioss and tread with an extra box that has the upgrade parts. I know the upgrade parts were just another tray they threw in but I thought they were all in the same box and mine came as two separate boxes... very odd.

Did anyone else buy the upgraded CMs Blue Legioss/Tread? I'm wondering if my experience thusfar is typical. I essentially got a standard blue legioss and tread with an extra box that has the upgrade parts. I know the upgrade parts were just another tray they threw in but I thought they were all in the same box and mine came as two separate boxes... very odd.

It still had the upgraded chest intakes though, right?

I've been heavily considering buying one of these upgraded versions to complete my Tread collection. I can't seem to find any on Ebay, or I am unable to discern these from the original releases; do you have a line on a good deal on one of these?

I bought mine on eBay, something like $175 shipped? I shouldn't go on eBay at work but I believe the guy had more of them. The listing is something like CMs Legioss Eta with Improved Parts.

The Improved parts is pictured in the ebay ad and it does have the upgraded intakes, new gun, etc. The thing that is throwing me is that the upgraded parts are in a completely separate box. Essentially I got a first release Legioss/Tread and a supplemental box that I can use to upgrade it. I figured everything would just be in one box but that's not the case.

I think CMs just cheaped it out big time, created a box of improvement parts, and then sent them to people who had existing Eta Legioss toys so they could sell the backstock as improved new stock.

EDIT - This means I'm going to have an extra blue legioss/tread. If you don't care too much about the improvement parts shoot me a PM.

Edited by jenius

All,

So I finally saved enough $$$ and bought myself a Masterpiece Scott Bernard Cyclone - it arrived in the mail today. I am terrified of transforming it for fear of accidentally breaking my $180 investment. And right now I can't even seem to connect the Cyclone helmet head back into the body - the balljoint is tight. Sigh. So before I attempt to transform it (probably tomorrow night), any tips, gotcha's I should be aware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated ... I'd prefer not to have to read through the past 40+ pages and the previous Mospeada thread.

TIA!!

So before I attempt to transform it (probably tomorrow night), any tips, gotcha's I should be aware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated ... I'd prefer not to have to read through the past 40+ pages and the previous Mospeada thread.

TIA!!

The instructions are actually useful on this figure. The chest not aligning properly is usually caused by the exo support in the arms. The back not aligning properly is usually caused by either the kickstand being in the wrong position or by the right wheel arm not being pulled out enough. Set aside 30-45 minutes...literally. First transformation for this figure is especially long since fear makes one more careful.

Also, CollectionDX did a great, helpful Youtube vid:

Edited by RD Blade

Thanks for the info RDBlade!! I've spent the last 45 mins trying to get the helmet head onto the body with no luck. The balljoint just won't go in.

Frak.

EDIT: WTF?? The left foot of Scott is damaged with stress marks (see pic), did anyone else get this on their toy??? :angry: :angry: :angry: I got the Toynami version ... did I get ripped off and someone from eBay sold me a used MP cyclone that was damaged?? Frak.

DamagedCycloneFoot.bmp

Edited by Vermillion21

Thanks for the info RDBlade!! I've spent the last 45 mins trying to get the helmet head onto the body with no luck. The balljoint just won't go in.

Frak.

EDIT: WTF?? The left foot of Scott is damaged with stress marks (see pic), did anyone else get this on their toy??? :angry: :angry: :angry: I got the Toynami version ... did I get ripped off and someone from eBay sold me a used MP cyclone that was damaged?? Frak.

My only real advice is to be careful with the white side covers, they can tear if you are not careful with them - don't try to force them to connect to the chest either, if they are not connecting easily then something is not lined up correctly.

Maybe try loosening the screw on the neck to see if it helps the ball-socket on the neck connect.

Hard to say about that stress mark - it might have happened at the factory - you could try contacting Toynami about a replacement, I have never dealt with them myself.

Thanks for your input Tober - much appreciated. Yes, I was thinking of unscrewing the neck to loosen it so the helmet head can fit. Is it suppose to fit snugly, or loosely?
Reportedly, the Toynami's are snug and Beagles are loose. My Toynami's head is snug yet goes on and off easily.

Thanks RD!

I have a Toynami version. The Scott head is snug and goes on and off easily. The cyclone armor head is another story - with some effort it goes on but is really loose. I read Jenius's awesome review at his site and took his suggestion of using tape to help make the balljoint tighter. It kinda works. Thanks Jenius!!

So I spent 1 1/2 hours tonight transforming the cyclone. Talk about effort and stress. :wacko: Managed to get it done (yay!), but it was a struggle. I both love ^_^ and hate :angry: this toy. It is an amazing representation of the Mospeada cyclone armor and looks spectacular. Just like the anime. The transformation process is a major beeyotch and with every step I worried about damaging the toy. *sigh* I know, I know ... this is how the anime did it, so it's not the manufacturer's fault.

I know for many of you this is probably old news ... sorry to be late to the party. I have 3 Toynami MP Alphas of varying quality and was pretty much disappointed overall with them. Last year, I bought the Toynami MP Beta fighter (blue version) and loved both its quality and simplicity in transformation. I thought the MP Cyclone was going to be the same experience. Not sure how I feel about it.

Also, has anyone else's ankle armor - the armor cover with the MB letters on it gotten loose? Is there a way to tighten it back up?

Edited by Vermillion21

My cover on the foot is loose on one of my Ride Armors also, it was so minor I didn't look into fixing it. Also, the Beagle/Toynami is actually a more complicated transformation than the animation so you can blame them... kinda. Basically they went through and had to figure out how to do it without "magic" and the only way they could figure out to pull it off and not take things off and add them back later was the transformation we got. It's a spectacle of engineering to be sure but the sheer complicated nature definitely makes this feel like a collector's item to be posed in one mode or the other, not a toy one should expect to transform often.

PS - Got new Mospeada products in but haven't had a chance to open the boxes:

1) Drone Legioss (CMs)

2) Improved Legioss/Tread (CMs)

3) Riding Figure Set (CMs)

4) Character Figure Set (CMs)

Cool - Looking forward to those reviews.

I'm interested in getting all you mentioned, eventually. Budget will not allow it at the moment.

I know the drone excluded the pop-up missile pods which floors me - and may deter me from ever buying.

Want the figure sets but have never got the CMs cycles to go with them, guess that's their ploy.

I will stay tuned . . .

It's a spectacle of engineering to be sure but the sheer complicated nature definitely makes this feel like a collector's item to be posed in one mode or the other, not a toy one should expect to transform often.

Thanks Jenius!! Your comment above nails it perfectly. I was hoping you would chime in with your thoughts. From past postings I know you are a HUGE Mospeada fan and expert on the related toys.

The thing of it is: with the Toynami MP Cyclone, it was so pricey and I had such high hopes/expectations for it - that it's been a slight letdown. I love the cyclone mecha design, second to the classic Macross Valkyrie - but it's just so difficult to transform and play around with it, it detracts from the 'fun factor' of the toy. Know what I mean?? I only buy one BIG purchase like this a year. Last year I got the Toynami MP Beta (which I love), this year I had to decide between the MP Cyclone and MP Grimlock.

*sigh*

Edited by Vermillion21

Been browsing the thread, but could someone recap that the Shadow Alpha was defective? I transformed mine a few times, but it mostly stands transformed. My favorite Alpha easily but annoyed at the arched back thing in fighter, which would ordinarily be the favorite mode. Is the CM one better in that regard? I see several on evilbay for attractive prices... was there ever a Dark Tread by CM? Or a Shadow Beta by Toynami?

The Toynami Shadow Alpha just has most the same quirks that the other Toynami Alphas have (except the shadow has more durable hands). For the most part you just have to be worried about the arms following off just below the shoulder. The build quality on them is so poor that any host of other problems could arise, including the arched back in fighter mode. If you haven't checked out my review on the CMs Shadow you should, there were some good pics in there that should give you a better idea of what you'd be in for. If fighter is your favorite mode I think you'd do well to stay very far away from the CMs toys. No, CMs did not make a dark Tread.

The Toynami Shadow Beta was due out in September 09. What happened to it is anyone's guess but Toynami's newest catalog has the Vinyl Battlepod and Maia Masterpiece back in stores in Q110 so there's a chance the Shadow Beta will be delivered to stores with those products.

I've finally started digging into my new "improved" CMs Legioss. I'm really shocked at how CMs went about this. It is indeed a standard blue Legioss release with just a supplemental box of goodies. There are no instructions with the box of goodies but you do have to disassemble a toy that retailed for $270 originally to do the upgrade. It's so amazingly half-assed it's hard for me to get around. I would assume CMs had instructions up on their site at one point but I don't see anything instructing you to go there. All that said, the mods are very straight forward and not complicated... the instructions would be more for peace of mind than anything else. I'll eventually get a full post up on my site showing how the mods were done, before and after pics, and a verdict on just how improved things really are. Of course, I have a box of 8 other new toys coming in so it may take a while.

The Toynami Shadow Alpha just has most the same quirks that the other Toynami Alphas have (except the shadow has more durable hands). For the most part you just have to be worried about the arms following off just below the shoulder. The build quality on them is so poor that any host of other problems could arise, including the arched back in fighter mode. If you haven't checked out my review on the CMs Shadow you should, there were some good pics in there that should give you a better idea of what you'd be in for. If fighter is your favorite mode I think you'd do well to stay very far away from the CMs toys. No, CMs did not make a dark Tread.

I was just reading your review of the CMS Shadow Legioss and it looks better. What's wrong with it's fighter mode?

Just read the review of your blue Legioss/Tread combo and particularly the comparo picture looks better wrt arched back in fighter but worse in the arms and color, as well as the complete lack of foresight in connection wrt Tread/Beta. Colors are brighter, mostly relevent for the non-Shadow/Dark... might the best solution be a Frankenstein of Masterpiece and CMS with a repaint?

I really wish Toynami would revisit the Alpha. Seems like they're pretty close to getting it right if they can check the atrocious quality control. With lessons learned, it COULD be better, particularly if they designed it off the Beta.

I think it's a kick in the face to the people that bought the first CMs' Legioss and Tread sets that they aren't selling the enhancement set separately. :angry:

It isn't as if it's aimed specifically at the Eta only, the Mars Base logo is missing on the missile bay doors, so it's just as compatible with the Zeta and Iota as well...

I'd give my set to someone to recast with if I thought it was possible... :unsure:

I totally agree... the upgrade parts are clearly meant to be generic so it makes absolutely no sense that they aren't sold separately. Why did I have to buy another blue Legioss/Tread that hasn't changed at all to get these parts? Well, that's probably the game right there... CMs had to move stock and this was the best way they could figure to do it.