Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

My Shadow MPC may be the worst of the 4 I have.

The fin that runs along the cockpit side snapped off. Right shoulder glued stiff, almost broke off the arm trying to loosen it up. Right elbow so loose the forearm just dangles free.

Bluer than I thought it would be. Hummm - like the gun color better, wish it was blacker / grayer.

Gun mechanism kind of cool. Like that the stock raises the site.

At least the red eye orb paint is not all screwed up like I've seen in some pics . . .

I posted a while back that they get worse instead of better.

I thought the blue one was bad QC but I liked it enough to think to get the next one so it'll have the fixes... and that one was worse and foolishly I thought well maybe it was bad luck so I bought the one after... nope... even worse! I gave up. I did buy a beta for my crappy Scott. the rest I sold...

And I forgot who I sold it to... but I gave it to you cheap, so no complaints!!! lol. Plus I posted all my frustrations on MW so it was no secret.

It's too bad because I really like the design aside from the big clown feet. But the execution is horrid. I talked to the sculptor and I was like... Dude... those alphas have to go! Change the big feet, give the crotch ball joints on the leg and make the fit better on the arms and make them plastic... Youre so close!

While I do believe Yamato would do a great job on the Mospeada line, I don't think it'd be necessarily a good idea for them to jump in the game at this point. I'm on the firm belief that Beagle's downfall was basically producing 2 of the same damn design in a row. Had they been smart and do the Stick first, then do the Fuke, Yellow right after, that would've kept the interest going. While I think the Ley version was cool and great, it's not different at all from the Stick, save a different head, different gun, and different colored fabric. And I tend to think of much of my purchases on the same as the general consumer for these things. I really had no interest in buying the Ley until the news that they were dying out came along. Why would most people want to spend $200+ for a toy that looks so similar to the first one they just bought? I thought that was Beagle's, Megahouse's big mistake. Although, with CMs, I think they survived basically on the price point alone.

Well you're talking about a strategy that could have gone either way. Release the 2 that will have minimal tooling and molds to make money to make more of the ones that need more cash to make. It happens in any line. But to me I think it was Beagle's unwillingness to fund the project any longer. It was their first venture into transforming toys but found out it wasn't as lucrative as their other lines. Its weird because they spent the money to have Fuke sculpted and they were only 2 toys away from completing the line. Sucks. Major. Balls!

Ley was the only sensible choice for the second toy. You have to think about it from an accounting standpoint. It would take ridiculously low sales to recoup the cost of the separate design for the Ley toy. The problem was that the Stick toy didn't make the resounding sales they expected during planning and they did the math and said "Crap, we'd need every single ride armor to sell as well as our Stick toy did now to keep this thing alive." Ley didn't matter, he was so cheap to make, but there's no way Fuke or Yellow sale as well as Stick so the line was cancelled. Blame the economy. Both Beagle and Toynami slashed their expected quanitities between announcing the line and putting it on the shelf and pretty soon so few toys were beiing made that if they didnt' sell out at lightning speed the line was going to be doomed.

Darrin, I suspect all Mospeada lines will be dead after the release of the Shadow Beta (saving maybe a Shadow Chronicles Beta if you want to include RT in the discussion).

Wasn't there a member in the thread looking for the CM's Legioss & Tread with Special Parts? There is a place that got a sample version and is selling it for 20,000yen allot better then paying the 29,000 MRP. They also have few NEW & PER-OWNED CM'S and MH Rider Armors for pretty cheap.

Edited by Save

THANKS EXO for the "clown feet" blast - now I can only see the feet as clownish- oh and the red eye now looks like a giant bozo nose to me ~ ! ~

I Krazy-glued the fin and it looks like its holding well. Like the claws a lot. Hate the spots where they snapped the pieces off the spru - shows terrible in this color. There's something cool though about the Inbit space scouts and shadow fighters together, brings back great memories . . .

---------

Well - on Mospeada toys, I guess my wallet need a rest anyway. I will pre-order the Shadow Beta but am NOT interested AT ALL in any Shadow Chronicles re-hash, re-do nonsense.

I might want a CMs improved Legioss / Tread combo with the new guns but not going to pay over $100. Maybe the figure set, I'll wait til Jenius posts a review.

The spending freeze will give me time to save for the Fuke ride armor that's a year and a half away . . .

post-8486-1254409221_thumb.jpg

THANKS EXO for the "clown feet" blast - now I can only see the feet as clownish- oh and the red eye now looks like a giant bozo nose to me ~ ! ~

I Krazy-glued the fin and it looks like its holding well. Like the claws a lot. Hate the spots where they snapped the pieces off the spru - shows terrible in this color. There's something cool though about the Inbit space scouts and shadow fighters together, brings back great memories . . .

---------

Well - on Mospeada toys, I guess my wallet need a rest anyway. I will pre-order the Shadow Beta but am NOT interested AT ALL in any Shadow Chronicles re-hash, re-do nonsense.

I might want a CMs improved Legioss / Tread combo with the new guns but not going to pay over $100. Maybe the figure set, I'll wait til Jenius posts a review.

The spending freeze will give me time to save for the Fuke ride armor that's a year and a half away . . .

Darrin,

Sorry to hear about your Shadow Alpha breaking. Mine did the same thing too. I think the problem is in the plastic they primarily used on the Shadow. I think whatever chemical they used to produce the "tint" in the plastic made them brittle as well. Im in the proccess of hunting down a replacement part that is not off of a Shadow and custom matching the shade and glossiness to match. I'm seriously thinking of talking to a friend into making replacement parts out of a more pliable material and custom matching the paint work myself. Of course the problem is time for me, but we will see how it goes. Maybe if we can do it, and do it well enough we might be able to cast custom "moded" parts. Well see.

Another heads up, when working the arms, I suggest using a "Jewlers" screwdriver to bring out the arms during transformation. Youll be able to move the parts without putting pressure on them (I had a warrantied Shadow Alpha when they first came out that broke that way). Luckily, I only use my Shadow for display purposes.

Whamhammer, goto the for sale section, I have them up for sale there. Although, I have someone interested in the lot. But I do have a CMs red Legios/Tread set for sale for $150. Anyways, check it out.

I think both Jenius and Yacolog passed on CMs improved Legioss / Tread combo, they may be crazy Mospeada toy bloggers but they are not suckers.

I think you mean Fuke ride armor that's a half a world away.......

Edited by Save

I think both Jenius and Yacolog passed on CMs improved Legioss / Tread combo, they may be crazy Mospeada toy bloggers but they are not suckers.

I think you mean Fuke ride armor that's a half a world away.......

'Tis true... I bought all the original releases being a hardcore completist but just couldn't convince myself to get the "improved" version so you'll probably never see a post on it on my site unless I find one dirt cheap some day.

• 2 weeks later...

Tread or thread? or both?

It is my favorite thread (and tread) and its slowly dying away . . .

And JENIUS - you make an argument for why Rey had to be second in the Beagle line, but if they had to do it again don't you think they would have done the Fuke?

I know we all wish they would have, but beyond that - I think Beagle would have it hindsight to keep the line chugging . . .

----------

I know why this thread is dying, I'm saying the same things over & over, boring myself for gosh sakes.

Can't imagine what it must be doing to others . . .

This thread should be brought to life again soon... if not just for a moment. The CMs character figures should be coming out so that'll cause a tiny bit of action. My Aoshima Tread update to the Toynami review should also be happening soon although it will be one of my less exciting updates I'm sure.

Being an accountant, I think the Ley/Ray figure was the only second toy that really made sense. The sales figures on the Ley/Ray toy are almost entirely bonus money from the Stick production run. It's a shame the line died but I don't think you can fault the release order. If Houquet had come out second it would have just been more lost money for Beagle, not a better shot of them completing the line.

Not an accountant, but I am in manufacturing and I can tell you that making the Scott and Rand-type Cyclones as the first two is the only combination that makes sense. The amount of design, tooling, and effort that goes into any product (let alone one this complex and fiddly) is utterly astounding. Because the Rand and Scott-type Cyclones are literally a paint job and a forearm plate change away from each other, that makes it's remarkably easy (and cheap) to produce both toys for only a little extra cost than it would to design new moulds, new assembly jigs and whatnot for a totally brand-new design like the VR-038 and -041 types.

Not an accountant, but I am in manufacturing and I can tell you that making the Scott and Rand-type Cyclones as the first two is the only combination that makes sense. The amount of design, tooling, and effort that goes into any product (let alone one this complex and fiddly) is utterly astounding. Because the Rand and Scott-type Cyclones are literally a paint job and a forearm plate change away from each other, that makes it's remarkably easy (and cheap) to produce both toys for only a little extra cost than it would to design new moulds, new assembly jigs and whatnot for a totally brand-new design like the VR-038 and -041 types.

Bless you kind sir.

If Houquet had come out second it would have just been more lost money for Beagle, not a better shot of them completing the line.

Then I guess we all think that she would not have exceeded Stick sales? I somehow think she may have done 1.5 x what the Stick sales were, but maybe not, and maybe that still would not have been enough to keep it going.

I do think we'll see a Toynami version someday. I believe it strongly enough to endure the ridicule in the year or so it will take them to work it out (& besides, its more fun to think about the possibility than not).

------

Changed my Shadow Alpha back to fighter ~~ mistake. Fin beside cockpit broke off from a darn good crazy glue job, and this thing will simply NOT collapse enough back into itself for the shoulders to meet flush with the forearms! That bugs me to no end.

My green and blue are 'good ones' - red and shadow not so good . . .

yeahh......I hear you...that shoulder/forearm thing is REALLY annoying..and kinda the only thing that keeps these from looking pretty darn good in fighter mode, which is how mine are gonna stay more than likely when I get my permanent dispay set up.....

Edited by derex3592

My greeny is right in front of me and it collapsed perfectly every time.

Maybe I will try one more Shadow and this one can be my special 'battle damaged' version. I'll take an Xacto to it for claw swipes and blacken the side with the missing fin like it took a disc hit . . .

I know there has been concern that this thread is dying so, what can we do to breathe new life into it? Perhaps we can take a page from the Macross related threads and discuss Mospeada customs, builds, dioramas etc.

Hey all, I'm tryin to mod a Beagle into a Blowsuperior. I just took some pics of where I'm at so far, and see what you guys think. I'm taking any tips, suggestions, etc, anyone may have, seeing as how I've never done any modding on this scale before.

I'm more of a lurker, but seeing as how this thread has fallen to the depths of the second page, I'm gonna do my part to keep this thread alive :lol: To be honest these Mospeada threads are the reason I come to this site.

Enough of that crap, here are some pics.

Here is Yellow's helmet, still have a good ways to go, but you get the idea. The neck hole will definitely be puttied over, thats hideous.

Picture010.jpg

Forearm armor- I knew this would be a pain in my ass, tryin to round and smooth the putty on this thing. I used parts from a Gakken model kit I have, and cut it in half, put a spacer in, and puttied over it. I'm tryin to give it a beefier look as the original piece seemed somewhat flat.

Picture020.jpg

another view

Picture019.jpg

Here's the back piece, for lack of a proper term. I used parts from the Imai BlowS. kit like the thruster and the cover piece underneath it.

Picture023.jpg

side view

Picture012.jpg

Front end- again, I've been using Imai parts on the front also, I should take the easy road, but I'm gonna try to make the missile clusters (since there is room for it) and an opening cover. I used spacers on the cover to get the length and width I needed. I'm undecided on how to implement an opening mechanism

Picture027.jpg

another view

Picture025.jpg

I guess I'm gonna have to try and mod the engine also :wacko: This thing will never gets finished :angry:

When I get a little further along, I'll post some more pics. Like I say, any tips or ideas are more than welcome.

Why will you have to mod the engine?

The blowsuperiors engine is more similar to the Bartley model... another reason I wished they had released it first. I think the bartley would have been an easier mod to turn it into a BS...