Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

I have a Stick's/Scott's alpha I got new for $50 at a Software etc years ago and it's just a huge floppy mess. Nothing broken (as of yet) but I transformed it only a couple of times and decided it was much better in the box :lol: I'd really like to get a Houquet/Rook alpha so I'd have kind of a max and milia thing going on but damn once bitten twice shy and all that.

Has anyone had any success tightening the joints on these things? Clear nail polish? The one I have won't stand and the arms just flop at the sides.

the plastic is so freaking cheap, it falls apart on its own... I wouldn't put any sort of chemical on it, who knows what might happen?

(only kinda kidding)

those things have every QC issue that yamato *ever* had but all in one toy... :angry:

Anyways, I'm just going to keep gushing over the beagle... sad I waited this long

I think every one that loves Mospeada should have at least one. These things are the best mospeada products ever made.

My pictures dont do them justice but yours certainly do! keep those beauties comming ^_^ !

Edited by gilermo

Gilermo, u really made me drool with the pics of your alpha and beta..

Now toynami, when is my green beta coming ? <_<

I'm still drooling over it every day. some times i catch myself just staring at it. A must have for the Mospeada fan.

All though i realise that getting a combo now will be very expensive. I'll try to get the other combo's as well.

Great display pieces people. The Beagles do make you WANT them don`t they lol & that Combo (alpha+Beta) Awwww WOW such awesomeness.

Just get one for $170, you won't be disapointed. i promise ^_^ )

You can find one over Here on ebay. But hurry, 5 sold in 4 days.. 5 left... B))

Edited by gilermo

NP, buy the Beta.... buy the Beta... buy the Beta. It's sweet.

My only complaints about the Beta were the missing top missile bays and the folded down cockpit.

I just ordered some custom side-covers for my valk v.2s. Maybe we could get Dyno to make a chest cover to match the anime, and the top missile launchers (although I'm not sure how they would clip on).

Oh - and getting the gummy pilot in can be a challenge too. I snapped of the control bars on my red version in the process . . .

The Shadow/Legioss Fighter & Tread/Beta looks lethal together!!! getting that one for sure!! B))

By the way -- This was a great story snippet about a silent crowd response to the question of a Synchro-Beta. I totally picture the crickets chirping away.

I will be pre-ordering the Shadow Beta because the combo looks great, not for a Synchro Cannon.

The lack of enthusiasm is probably because SChronicles blew . . .

My only complaints about the Beta were the missing top missile bays and the folded down cockpit.

I just ordered some custom side-covers for my valk v.2s. Maybe we could get Dyno to make a chest cover to match the anime, and the top missile launchers (although I'm not sure how they would clip on).

Oh - and getting the gummy pilot in can be a challenge too. I snapped of the control bars on my red version in the process . . .

The Beta is a great toy but it's not perfect. I still think the cockpit should have spun around before sliding then folding down so that the bottom of the cockpit was facing outward. Then they could have taken a couple liberties with the bottom of the cockpit to make it look more like part of the chest. It's definitely too bad they skipped the shoulder missile bays and it would have been nice if the legs sat flush with the yellow missile bay in bomber mode instead of having that gap on either side. All minor complaints though, it's definitely a nice toy.

Any idea when the Aoshima Beta's are coming out? Also just how much of a color difference is there if you get a Aoshima Alpha with a Toynami Beta (not willing to pay those ridiculous prices for a blue MP Alpha)? But I've also heard that Aoshima's Alphas are even worse than Toynami's if that's possible.

Hi Guys,

I just opened up my Toynami Scott Bernard ... it's cool! I'd always liked the Toynami book-like packagaing. The 1/10 figure is taller than the 1/8 Gakken cyclone...interesting.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask you guys if you have problems standing up Stick Bernard by himself, in a relaxed position. I have problems standing him up.

And also, I'm surprise to see that his red suit is like pleather ... it seem like it'll crack easily over time, and the suit is stitched. I see the stitching already ripping a bit when you spread his legs to sit on the bike.

Any of you guys have this problem? I am surprise that not much attention has been given on the bottom legs/anke and foot area.

The legs on the beta version looks way better ...

Now I'm deciding whether to get Rand or not, knowing the quality, I'm at 50/50. If I were to get it, it'll just be to complete Volume 1 & 2. But I'm sure of it that this toyline will emerge a year or two from now.

Lastly, do you guys have any idea why the price was bumped from $79.99 to $199+ ?

On a slightly happier note, CM is coming out with a series of 6 Mospeada figures. And Yellow's on his ride armor, as a civilian though. But still looking cool and beautiful. :)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10095681

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10095681b/30/1

( I will miss having a Beagle Houquet ride armour always...so near and yet so far... :( )

Edited by blacklotus

Hi Guys,

I just opened up my Toynami Scott Bernard ... it's cool! I'd always liked the Toynami book-like packagaing. The 1/10 figure is taller than the 1/8 Gakken cyclone...interesting.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask you guys if you have problems standing up Stick Bernard by himself, in a relaxed position. I have problems standing him up.

And also, I'm surprise to see that his red suit is like pleather ... it seem like it'll crack easily over time, and the suit is stitched. I see the stitching already ripping a bit when you spread his legs to sit on the bike.

Any of you guys have this problem? I am surprise that not much attention has been given on the bottom legs/anke and foot area.

Now I'm deciding whether to get Rand or not, knowing the quality, I'm at 50/50. If I were to get it, it'll just be to complete Volume 1 & 2. But I'm sure of it that this toyline will emerge a year or two from now.

Lastly, do you guys have any idea why the price was bumped from $79.99 to $199+ ?

Your answers are found in this post from Jenius who just posted yesterday, a page away from your post:

It's a misconception that Toynami marked up the toy from $79.99. Here's what happened:

1) Toynami developed a kinda crappy Cyclone toy they were going to call an MPC and charge $79.99 for it.

2) Right before Toynami was to begin production on this toy they saw what Beagle was cooking and realized they'd look retarded selling their toy as a "masterpiece" when a Japanese company was putting out such an obviously superior product.

3) Toynami scrapped their idea to make their own crappy toy (for $79.99) and instead offered to buy several thousand units from Beagle of the toy they had designed.

4) Beagle's toy, being absolutely amazing in comparison to the crappy Toynami design, was ALWAYS going to be a $200+ toy. Never, ever, not once, did Beagle imagine their toy would be under $100 and never ever did they say so.

5) Toynami notified retellers that they would be supplying an MPC Cyclone, but not the $79.99 one but an improved $200 one. A better way to think of it is that Toynami notified retailers that the $79.99 MPC Cyclone was CANCELED. Then, they announced that a new vastly superior toy, going by the same name, would be made and cost quite a bit more.

Anyone who handles the Beagle/Toynami Cyclone that eventually was released and thinks "This toy should only cost $80" is straight up insane.

This post has been edited by jenius: Yesterday, 12:38 PM

So in actual fact, you paid for a superior Beagle ride-armour sold in a Toynami packaging. :)

Edited by blacklotus

Hi Guys,

The riding suit has been complained about, I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in my review. It was improved for the Rand release, they added a coating to it to protect it a bit. If you're having a hard time getting the figure to stand on its own then you need to adjust the heels. There is articulation in the boot but it's probably pretty stiff right out of the package and at an angle not conducive to making the figure stand. Pick up the figure, play with the heels a bit to get them to a better angle, then put the figure down and continue to adjust the heels. I have pictures of Rand standing on one foot hopping on his bike in my review... once you get used to the heels you can do amazing things.

sorry... I try not to think about MI:2 unless I have to... :lol:

_DSC6086.jpg

Me either...BUT, it's almost as if you read my mind. I was thinking while I was posting that post that I would really like to see another shot of him looking over to the left side while pointing his "rifle" over that way. And, BLAM! You did it! LOL :lol:

Green headlamps on the Gakken?

The stickers haven't been applied. Those ones weren't factory-fitted on the Gakken, along with the invasion stripes, cockpit display, the black bars that go on the wheel hubs, and several of the little warning labels.

Anyone heard any updates on the CMs Leigoss/Tread re-release with the cool chain gun and other improvements?

Vostok 7

It is already out, I heard that it is just the regular version with the extra parts. You have to put the bigger intakes on yourself.

What do you guys think, a bit too expencive or ther right price for an Alpha/Beta combo? :ph34r:

Alpha/Beta on Ebay

MPC Cyclone sales are starting to pick up on EBay. That guy that was selling MPC Scott and Rand for $170 is starting to sell out.

Scott 0/10 left

Rand 2/10 left

Maybe things are starting to look up for the MPC/Beagle cyclone after all :D.

Keep posting those pictures everyone, they look great.

Edited by gilermo

On a slightly happier note, CM is coming out with a series of 6 Mospeada figures. And Yellow's on his ride armor, as a civilian though. But still looking cool and beautiful. :)

( I will miss having a Beagle Houquet ride armour always...so near and yet so far... :( )

They don't have pictures up but I preordered these from HLJ already.

I really prefer the Megahouse ride armours to the CM ones but it seems like if I want to have the widest variety of characters and armours for display purposes I might have to shell out for all the CMs too.

Thank jenius,

Here's a photo to break the text posts a bit, took it at the office today; had a little show and tell with co-workers. The chicks were only interested for a few seconds, lol.

cyclone.jpg

Nice photos.

BTW, chicks....sorry, women will be more interested in you if you bring the latest Hermes or LV bag to show them, not a US$200 plastic toy, which they'll think it's just another GI Joe figure. You can try explaining Mospeada ain't GI Joe, but from my experience, it just doesn't register in their heads. ^_^

God...kinda regretted not grabbing the Beagle Stig ride armour when it was on a 30 percent sale at HLJ. But then again, I was holding out for Houquet, and since my job's ain't safe, and my pay's ain't a banker's pay, I didn't do so. Oh well, at least the money I save on getting Houquet can go to the Macross Quarter instead. :)

Edited by blacklotus

They don't have pictures up but I preordered these from HLJ already.

I really prefer the Megahouse ride armours to the CM ones but it seems like if I want to have the widest variety of characters and armours for display purposes I might have to shell out for all the CMs too.

Yeah, the CM prototypes actually looks good. And they have Houquet and Yellow Belmont, the 2 characters I definitely want, especially when the secret figure is Yellow disguised as his female persona/alter ego. Sorry, I like Stig and Rand. But I love Houquet and Yellow as they are more interesting and multi-facet as characters.

Also, I prefer them Red and Blue ride-armours. At least they looked like customised ones, unlike the generic pale blue of Stick's and Rand's. ^_^

Yellow and Houquet are my favourite characters from MOSPEADA as well so it was an easy decision to preorder the trading figure set. All in all it's nice to have the characters in scale and out of armor in general.

I just wish Mega House was following suite as the plastic and face sculpts on the CMs leave something to be desired in my opinion. In particular stick and Rey look very toy like. Also the tail and saddle bags are molded in the colour of the ride armor when I believe in the anime they are an entirely different colour (of course the MH version is mounted with a bracket which is also non canon?).

Also does anyone know if Yellow's blowsperior missile bays have an open position on the CM version? I think I read "no" in a review somewhere..

Nice photos.

BTW, chicks....sorry, women will be more interested in you if you bring the latest Hermes or LV bag to show them, not a US$200 plastic toy, which they'll think it's just another GI Joe figure. You can try explaining Mospeada ain't GI Joe, but from my experience, it just doesn't register in their heads. ^_^

God...kinda regretted not grabbing the Beagle Stig ride armour when it was on a 30 percent sale at HLJ. But then again, I was holding out for Houquet, and since my job's ain't safe, and my pay's ain't a banker's pay, I didn't do so. Oh well, at least the money I save on getting Houquet can go to the Macross Quarter instead. :)

Which one is the Gakken??

(kidding)

Ride-armors have come a long way . . .

Even after 20+ years that Gakken is still a impressive toy, dead eyes and all lol. I had two and regret ever selling them but I do have a busted up figure and gun which I guess I never knew I had.

The stickers haven't been applied. Those ones weren't factory-fitted on the Gakken, along with the invasion stripes, cockpit display, the black bars that go on the wheel hubs, and several of the little warning labels.

Oh wow... I havent taken out the Gakken in a while, I thought those plastic parts were grey. lol.

Hmm.. even the product shot looks so low quality.

Also does anyone know if Yellow's blowsperior missile bays have an open position on the CM version? I think I read "no" in a review somewhere..

No open bays for CM's Yellow, but otherwise the figure is pretty great if you can get past the microman size and the complexity and fiddlyness of the transformation that results. He gets colored two-tone saddlebags, too, which break up the monotony that's present on the Stick/Ley versions.

I'm confused about those Mospeada figures, there are 10 pieces in a box but only 5 different figures? You're going to have to buy duplicates and you still might miss one? That's really a bad way of doing things. Why not just put together 10 characters by including Jim Austin, Batra, Sorji, Wolf, and Aisha?

I'm confused about those Mospeada figures, there are 10 pieces in a box but only 5 different figures? You're going to have to buy duplicates and you still might miss one? That's really a bad way of doing things. Why not just put together 10 characters by including Jim Austin, Batra, Sorji, Wolf, and Aisha?

Business is business.... <_<

Great suggestions...for "Mospeada collection Figures" volume 2... :lol:

That's why I hate when they do the blind box game. The more you buy the better chance you have of getting duplicates rather than completing a set. Even worse if there's a secret figure. The alternative is to buy the whole set from someone who has collected them all, but at an even higher price.

That's why I hate when they do the blind box game. The more you buy the better chance you have of getting duplicates rather than completing a set. Even worse if there's a secret figure. The alternative is to buy the whole set from someone who has collected them all, but at an even higher price.

If CM uses the standard packing, a box of 10 will get you two complete sets, one normal color and one variant color (?).

It's likely you won't have the secret figure. These days, I forget about the secret figure, after paying through my nose for a few of them.